Pop/Soda costs on ship

As usual Royal's website is messed up and some cruises and some sailings are showing a kids price while others only show the one price for all.

I believe that the sailings that are actually showing a kids price are a mistake and that Royal has actually gone to a one price for the soda package regardless of age.

Actually there is a difference, at least in my cruise planner... the Royal Refreshment package is listed as $8.00 for adult and $5.50 for child plus 18% gratuity. I purchased this for our upcoming cruise for three teenagers (2 17yr olds and 1 18yr old) I was charged the adult price for the 18yr old and the child price for the 2 17yr olds.

It's an error in your favor - count yourself lucky :)

Well I guess I did get lucky, I just purchased those packages a couple days ago! :D:D the 17 yr olds will definitely get their $5.50 worth of soda each day and then some!! By the way I went back on to check and my planner still shows both pricings... I did notice though on our other reservation Which had only adults that just the adult $8/per day price shows there and not the child $5.50 price option.

Edited by jmaedcruise

The soda machines have more options than just cans too. One of those machines with flavor combinations. We don't let the kids drink too much soda at home, but on a cruise, we get them the package and let them make their combos with all the caffeine free options. They think it's awesome and it's a nice treat for their vacation

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Are the Freestyle machines only available for the package then? I don't really drink much soda so the package doesn't make much sense, but I love the Freestyle machines and may want 1 or 2 over the course of the cruise.

Correct, there is no way to pay singly for drinks out of the Freestyle machines.

That's a bummer! They sure are finding ways to drive people to the packages!

For sure. We see them selling the packages in the cruise terminal, before you even board the ship.

Will be on the Freedom in august. Price for kids and adults are the same. 8$ and 10.64$ CAD

Wow - our Harmony sailing is $12.95 plus tip CAD for our August sailing! Must be a "brand new fancy ship" surcharge!![emoji33]

For sure. We see them selling the packages in the cruise terminal, before you even board the ship.

I have to shamefully admit that they got me. :o Someone on my roll call pointed out our packages just went on sale, so I caved and got one. Premium package for 20% off.

We aren't even taking the kids, but in our cruise planner, it does show the reduced price for kids on the beverage package. At this point, I know my wife will get the basic package for our cruise, I am still debating. May pick one just to not worry about it while on vacation, but since we have a port heavy (5 ports on 7 day) cruise we won't be on the ship all that long.

We aren't even taking the kids, but in our cruise planner, it does show the reduced price for kids on the beverage package. At this point, I know my wife will get the basic package for our cruise, I am still debating. May pick one just to not worry about it while on vacation, but since we have a port heavy (5 ports on 7 day) cruise we won't be on the ship all that long.

If the website shows a reduced price for the kids soda package, I'd jump on it, because it may disappear.

Wow - our Harmony sailing is $12.95 plus tip CAD for our August sailing! Must be a "brand new fancy ship" surcharge!![emoji33]

Yup, same thing with my Harmony cruise in December. At least with the soda package. $8 (USD) + 18% gratuities.

But for Freedom next March, it's $8 (including gratuities).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app