Transport from Port to Disney

KimKTN

Are you talking to Port Canaveral? If so, Disney also has a shuttle bus that you can use.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes...I assumed if we weren't cruising with Disney, we couldn't take the bus. Or, I didn't know if they even had a boat coming/going on the same day. I will call them now and check.

I would consider a rental car for the most flexibility.

If you want a car service, we have used Executive VIP Transportation with excellent results.

You might also want to check the Florida Departures forum here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=672

Thank you! Since we were going to take Disney Magical Express to the airport, I thought it might be easier NOT to rent a car. (We are only staying one night until we fly out on Monday.) But, if it's cheaper than car service, we might do it. Hoping other poster is right and we can take Disney bus.

I think you are right, you have to be on a Disney cruise to take the Disney shuttle. They take you to the Disney terminal.

.For some reason I thought maybe you had just posted on the wrong forum. Sorry!

I think you are right, you have to be on a Disney cruise to take the Disney shuttle. They take you to the Disney terminal.

.For some reason I thought maybe you had just posted on the wrong forum. Sorry!

I called. They didn't offer transfer unless you were on Disney cruise. Worth a call to find out for sure.

I called. They didn't offer transfer unless you were on Disney cruise. Worth a call to find out for sure.

How large is your party? If you would need a minivan, then it might be less expensive to do the car service than the rental car.

How large is your party? If you would need a minivan, then it might be less expensive to do the car service than the rental car.

4 of us...I looked and it seems I can rent a car for a little more than a car service. I might to that for the flexibility of getting to the airport the next day. Thanks for all of the advice! (I am going to have to evaluate if we can get our luggage in a "full" size car. We tend to be overpackers. You are definitely right that it would be cheaper to do car service if we need to rent anything larger.

4 of us...I looked and it seems I can rent a car for a little more than a car service. I might to that for the flexibility of getting to the airport the next day. Thanks for all of the advice! (I am going to have to evaluate if we can get our luggage in a "full" size car. We tend to be overpackers. You are definitely right that it would be cheaper to do car service if we need to rent anything larger.

This poster has made an excellent map of the port area with the rental car agencies. All of these agencies have free shuttles to/from the cruise port:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46477988&postcount=5

Also keep in mind that Uber & Lyft (preferred) are HUGE here in Orlando and especially in the tourist areas. I use them all the time to park hop as it's much faster than the Disney transportation and just a couple of dollars per trip. I also use them to get to and from the parks from Downtown Orlando (about 25 miles north of Disney).

People always fail to account for just how long it takes to get from A to B in Disney World using the busses and ferries (and the monorail is almost pointless unless you are going to the 3 resorts on that loop or MK-Epcot - Parking)... The only caveat is you can't get one at Magic Kingdom as it's only serviced by Disney transit options, but you can take the 5 minute walk to/from the Contemporary and catch one there. They are safe, inexpensive and plentiful. :)

Edited by corpkid

Also keep in mind that Uber & Lyft (preferred) are HUGE here in Orlando and especially in the tourist areas. I use them all the time to park hop as it's much faster than the Disney transportation and just a couple of dollars per trip. I also use them to get to and from the parks from Downtown Orlando (about 25 miles north of Disney).

People always fail to account for just how long it takes to get from A to B in Disney World using the busses and ferries (and the monorail is almost pointless unless you are going to the 3 resorts on that loop or MK-Epcot - Parking)... The only caveat is you can't get one at Magic Kingdom as it's only serviced by Disney transit options, but you can take the 5 minute walk to/from the Contemporary and catch one there. They are safe, inexpensive and plentiful. :)

Good to know! We go to Disney quite often and usually have our car. We, too, find we the buses take forever. We drive to all parks except MK. If we are ever there without a car, we definitely consider Uber. Great idea!! (This time, we are doing a one nighter after our cruise to get a quick fix. Probably pool time, Downtown Disney...or whatever it is called now, dinner at Contemporary, fly home the next day. Better than nothing!)

(This time, we are doing a one nighter after our cruise to get a quick fix. Probably pool time, Downtown Disney...or whatever it is called now, dinner at Contemporary, fly home the next day. Better than nothing!)

My friends from back up North hate me because we call that "Saturday" here (minus the flying - maybe a 30 minute uber ride)! <smirk> Disney Springs is coming along nicely and will be pretty great when it's done very soon (I heard mid-May). Have Fun!

If you get something like an Impala, or even a Camry, those trunks are big. We are overpackers and generally have no difficulties.

Since you're staying onsite that night at Disney, if your flight home is with a participating airline, you can actually send your bags off with Resort Airline Checkin (RAC) even if you take the rental car to the airport. And it's totally allowed, no grey area. Just tell the people who you hand bags off to what you're doing and you want to take part in RAC.

If you get something like an Impala, or even a Camry, those trunks are big. We are overpackers and generally have no difficulties.

Since you're staying onsite that night at Disney, if your flight home is with a participating airline, you can actually send your bags off with Resort Airline Checkin (RAC) even if you take the rental car to the airport. And it's totally allowed, no grey area. Just tell the people who you hand bags off to what you're doing and you want to take part in RAC.

Anyone can use RAC, it doesn't matter what airline you're flying. You can use it if you have a rental car (great to be able to skip checking bags!) and if you're riding DME. Your bags have to be checked in no later than 3 hours before your flight and if you have an early morning flight, it isn't an option. RAC opens at 5am, I believe at all the resorts.

Edited by Half Pint

Anyone can use RAC, it doesn't matter what airline you're flying. You can use it if you have a rental car (great to be able to skip checking bags!) and if you're riding DME. Your bags have to be checked in no later than 3 hours before your flight and if you have an early morning flight, it isn't an option. RAC opens at 5am, I believe at all the resorts.

Really? When did that change?

My apologies mollyeilis, you are correct and I am wrong. These are the participating domestic airlines for RAC from the Disney resorts.

* Airtran Airways

* Alaska Airlines

*American Airlines

*Delta

*Jetblue

*Southwest

*United

*US Airways