Balcony rec's for the EPIC

we were in 12185-starboard side[blue carpets]

it's a large balcony by the ship bump out giving a triangular addition to a standard balcony size

The standard furniture is 2 chairs and a table but your cabin steward can provide loungers but seems to be policy to remove before next guests

The couch is next to balcony

I have just come off the Epic (watching the washing machine right now!). We had 11079, it was a good size and near to the stairway so convenient. I heard no noise at all from the outside.

My only comment is that the odd numbered side was facing away from the ports and the even numbered looked onto the port and the gangways. It depends if you want peace or action during the day/sailaway time.

I loved the cruise - I will post a review when I finish the ironing.

We were on the Epic at the end of March and we had cabin 12241. Its a large balcony and the bed is next to the balcony door. Good situation and our steward put a couple of loungers out there when we asked him. I definitely recommend it.

Sally, We have this room for the Transatlantic cruise Oct 30th this year. I was very glad to hear you liked it. This is our first NCL cruise.

B6 cat balconies are the larger balconies, saves you a search.

Largest "normal" balcony by far is Spa Mini Suite 14118.

Largest sideways balcony is Haven Spa Suite 14151, which is also the largest balcony on board I think!

We were in 14151 and i can confirm it is HUGE!

Are the bathrooms in any of the rooms ya'll named any bigger? :)

Insides, balconies and all mini's share the same split bathroom setup. Where the mini suites have a small tub or slightly larger shower;

Inside

NCL-Epic-Inside-cabin.gif

Balcony

EPIC.BALCONY.R-modal-02_6.jpg

Mini Suite

epic_modal_spadeluxebal_3.jpg

Haven Spa Suite

NCL-Epic-Spa-Suite-H9.gif

Haven 2 bedroom suite, Haven DOS also have a different setup. Haven penthouses (aft or courtyard) are quite similar to the Spa suite:

EPIC.COURTYARD_PENTHOUSE.R-modal-02_2.jpg

17029 has a huge deck though is also 2 BR family suite in the Haven. Awesome cabin but it does come at a price. It was definitely worth it on our Transatlantic.

Hm, isn't 17029 just a "normal" 2 bedroom H4? None of those are extra large in balcony size terms, actually even a few square feet smaller than a normal balcony stateroom balcony.

The only larger balconies on deck 17 I know of are the aft facing H2s. After that the H5s on both sides (not the forward facing ones)

Thank you for the info, do you think I can fit a lounge chair on the balcony ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Rule of thumb: Loungers will only fit on B1 aft balconies and the B6 large balconies on Epic concerning regular balcony staterooms. The B1 seems to have a lounger standard where the B6 needs to be asked for one is my experience. Everything above mini suites is set up with the padded/better Haven outdoor furniture and will have loungers if the size of the balcony is adequate.

So the answer would be no, but there are some possibilities; i.e. a disabled balcony which has a really large balcony and a helpful steward might get you a lounger there or if you are persuasive to try getting/fitting one on a normal balcony you might succeed (although the lounger would have to be in the upright position to fit, if at all) :)

Edited by FreestyleNovice
typo

We have an aft facing booked for out upcoming Med. 11313

I had a good picture of it, but can't find it now.

I had 11314 last year, which is the cabin at the other side in the corner.

A large balcony that easily fitted two chairs plus a lounger I borrowed. It would have probably fitted a second lounger at a squeeze.