Barcelona 9 hour port stop ideas??

Demee

My husband and I are going on a Mediterranean cruise in May which has a port stop in Barcelona from 2pm-11pm. I've been to Barcelona before for 3 days where I visited Sagrada Familie, Park Guell, La Ramblas, Flamenco show, etc. This is my husbands first time in Barcelona so he wants to see as much as possible. I really want him to see Sagrada and don't mind going again as it's amazing. I was thinking about doing the hop off hop on bus, then stop at Sagrada for a few hours, then back on the hoho bus, and then probably back to the ship. I just don't know if we'd have enough time for all that or if it's even worth it as the last bus is at 8pm. How long does the bus routes take? Which bus is better, the red or blue? Maybe just do a taxi to Sagrada and forget the hoho? Or forget Sagrada and just do hoho so that he could see more of Barcelona. What time should we try to get back to the ship? So many questions!! Help???!!!!

I was wondering the same thing! Bought tickets for the HOHO bus, figured we'd do that first and see how far we get. Booked an 11:15 tour of Sagrada Familia, figured we'd cab it there if the bus schedule doesn't put us there on time, then cab to Park Guell and work our way back towards the port on the HOHO bus. Am hoping we'd have time to do Las Ramblas but fear this is too ambitious.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The HOHO bus is great for getting an overview of the city but if you want to focus on seeing two or three sights (e.g., Sagrada Familia, Parc Guell, Gothic Quarter) taxis might be more efficient to get you from place to place.

Do you have a rough idea of what a taxi would cost per person to travel between these locations? Just trying to get a sense for if it would be more economical for 4 people to share taxi's in between of by the HOHO tickets as a means of transport.

I think a Taxi from the port to Sagrada is about €10, so €20 round trip. The hoho is €28 per person. I figured we'd see more of the city with the bus. Just don't know if it's enough time cause we're only there from 2-11pm and the bus stops at 8pm. We'd want to spend about 2 hours in Sagrada. I was thinking hoho bus over to Sagrada, then Sagrada 4-6pm, bus around til 8 and then either back to the ship or hang out and taxi back later. I would love to hear other ideas suggestions. Thanks

Do you have a rough idea of what a taxi would cost per person to travel between these locations? Just trying to get a sense for if it would be more economical for 4 people to share taxi's in between of by the HOHO tickets as a means of transport.

I also will be in Barcelona for one day only on a cruise from 9 am to 6 pm on May 18.

Here is my proposed itinerary that I am hoping will be doable, I will have to report back to tell you how it went, hooping it is not too aggressive to do in such a short period of time.

- Take the port bus to Les Ramblas/Gothic District and spend time there.

- Walk to the Plaça de Catalunya and pick up the Barcelona City Tour Bus (Green route, note there are 2 lines with different routes), and take it to the Seafront/Barceloneta District and spend some time there.

- Pick up the bus here and take it to La Sagrada Familia and spend some time there.

- Take the bus from here to Park Guell.

- Take the bus from here to the Modernist District/La Pedrera.

- From here, transfer to the orange west route to return to

the ship, or can opt to take the full clockwise route to see the commanding view over the city from the Jardins del Mirador if time allows.

I also will be in Barcelona for one day only on a cruise from 9 am to 6 pm on May 18.

Here is my proposed itinerary that I am hoping will be doable, I will have to report back to tell you how it went, hooping it is not too aggressive to do in such a short period of time.

- Take the port bus to Les Ramblas/Gothic District and spend time there.

- Walk to the Plaça de Catalunya and pick up the Barcelona City Tour Bus (Green route, note there are 2 lines with different routes), and take it to the Seafront/Barceloneta District and spend some time there.

- Pick up the bus here and take it to La Sagrada Familia and spend some time there.

- Take the bus from here to Park Guell.

- Take the bus from here to the Modernist District/La Pedrera.

- From here, transfer to the orange west route to return to

the ship, or can opt to take the full clockwise route to see the commanding view over the city from the Jardins del Mirador if time allows.

Without of course knowing how much time you mean when you say "spend some time" at the various sites, I think you might be a bit too aggressive and here and may be short changing yourself on the really amazing places, like La Sagrada Familia. (And are you planning, for example, to visit the fantastic roof of La Pedrera?)

Also, re Sagrada Familia, have you bought tickets in advance? If not, you are likely to encounter long lines. Park Guell requires timed tickets to enter the Monumental Zone (the part you'll want to visit.)

With the caveat that I don't know your interests, that "detour" to Barceloneta may make your afternoon too crammed, and that's the time you've allocated for what are, imho, the "biggies."

Whatever you wind up doing, I hope you have a wonderful trip!

I did not post this thread, but have been following it because I have the same question. Thanks everyone. I have decided on a cab from the ship since neither of us can walk very much. You all have been a great help

We have a day and a half before we are taking a cruise in July.

We visited before and saw most of the main attraction but the Gothic Quarter by La Rambla sooo .... what else is there to see ?!?!

Ciutadella Park, Castle of Montjuic , Poble Espanyol, Tibidabo Amusement Park ( we have an 11 year old boy ) , Montserrat .... which one of these would you recomend ?!??

Also, need recomandations for some good tapas bars !!!

Thank you in advance for any info and opinions !

Also, re Sagrada Familia, have you bought tickets in advance? If not, you are likely to encounter long lines.

Whatever you wind up doing, I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Just for information: We visited Sagrada Familia on 17th April. We had pre purchased 9.15 am tickets online. As we were waiting outside I happened to notice a sign saying that the first available tickets that day were for 1.15 pm.

So it really does make sense to prebook if you want to go inside.

We have a day and a half before we are taking a cruise in July.

We visited before and saw most of the main attraction but the Gothic Quarter by La Rambla sooo .... what else is there to see ?!?!

Ciutadella Park, Castle of Montjuic , Poble Espanyol, Tibidabo Amusement Park ( we have an 11 year old boy ) , Montserrat .... which one of these would you recomend ?!??

Also, need recomandations for some good tapas bars !!!

Thank you in advance for any info and opinions !

If you are visiting in July with an 11 year old boy, some of your time must be spent on the beach - you could go at about 5 pm after a day of sight seeing and have a good couple of hours.