Koningsdam Public Rooms

InTheWASide

Thank you for the absolutely wonderful pictures! This ship is so totally different in every area, yet so very interesting. I'm so glad I'm doing the Trans-Atlantic cruise because it will give me the time to fully enjoy this beautiful ship.

She's very lovely looking ship indeed - I might have to go over to the HAL website & see how much a cruise might cost!

Definitely reminds of a Celebrity S class ship especially the main dining room! :)

Thanks for all of the photos!

I just bought my first share of onboard credit for our Mar.1 cruise! Everything looks soo beautiful, even the retro '50s diner look of the Lido. The Crow's Nest and Sel de Mer look especially luxurious as does the new Canaletto. I can't wait to see some menus from the Culinary Arts Center dining spot as well.

Matjes herring, broodje kroket (croquet sandwich), uitsmijter, friet & mayo (fries), bitterballen, poffertjes and koningsbol!

And then there is the beer and jenever...

I bet the coffee is good.

'Koningsbol' you mean 'Bosche Bol' en don't forget, frikadel speciaal en broodje halfom (do you know what that is?)

I just bought my first share of onboard credit for our Mar.1 cruise! Everything looks soo beautiful, even the retro '50s diner look of the Lido. The Crow's Nest and Sel de Mer look especially luxurious as does the new Canaletto. I can't wait to see some menus from the Culinary Arts Center dining spot as well.

Retro 50's is another word for cheap furniture..

I like ship with modern furniture. Great! Just wonder if any ballroom type music played in the Queen's Lounge? Can't wait to dance on such beautiful hardwood floor. We will experiment this ship's dancing music and band and will tell the whole dance group if they should try this ship or stick with Cunard's Queen Mary 2.

Me too! I'm not quite their combined ages but still love the look and feel of the ship. It's contemporary without being cheesy.

Couple of comments, Brad. The bolts holding the exercise equipment to the deck outside look like accidents waiting to happen! :eek: I hope they've been cut down.

I think I'll know how Jonah must have felt inside the whale when eating in the MDR. :p Not that that's a bad thing, just a thing. I love the color scheme.

Thank you so much for the photos of 5048. :D We have that cabin in July 2017 for the Voyage of the Midnight Sun cruise and I can see we are going to love the verandah already! Needs a large table and lounger though.

Thanks again for all your work! :)

Never noticed the bolts til you said that. As the others all appear to be more as you would expect I have a feeling they just hadn't got around to those ones if I had to venture a guess

thanks Brad, appreciate all the effort in getting all these photos uploaded. The interior design of the ship is amazing, so many styles. Love the look of the crows nest and the dutch cafe.

Couple of questions did you notice what the drink price limit was on the sbp?

Is there a bar on the top deck where all those loungers are? did you like that space?

the outdoors exercise equipment, what are the purpose of those curled blue bars?

cheers

James

Didn't have the SBP so not sure but the orange book said $8 so I'll go with that. Majority of drinks were $7.95 and under unless you were getting fancier. You won't go thirsty of you have the SBP and only stay within its limits. Let's put it that way

The bar up by the loungers is the Sky Bar. It's the triangular one with the wood backdrop I posted. Cool area for sure.

Not sure on the curled blue pieces. Maybe for stretching?

Those were on a different can't. I'll need to see if I can find those

I like ship with modern furniture. Great! Just wonder if any ballroom type music played in the Queen's Lounge? Can't wait to dance on such beautiful hardwood floor. We will experiment this ship's dancing music and band and will tell the whole dance group if they should try this ship or stick with Cunard's Queen Mary 2.

The area was also used for high tea. At least during that they played more formal music. Not sure about other times though

I love the design of the ship, thanks for all these photos! I will be on my first ever cruise in July on Koningsdam. Getting really excited :).

I have a question about the grand Dutch cafe: is the food here included? I do not see any prices of the food on the photo with the menu (I did see the prices of the drinks).

I love the design of the ship, thanks for all these photos! I will be on my first ever cruise in July on Koningsdam. Getting really excited :).

I have a question about the grand Dutch cafe: is the food here included? I do not see any prices of the food on the photo with the menu (I did see the prices of the drinks).

Food is free. Just the coffee and alcohol and some of the snacks like the various imported licorice have a price but the food menu like sandwiches and pea soup etc are free

Thanks for all the pictures. I now have Parkinson's disease and suffer from balance problems. A few questions. Do the steps in the pool have a banister or something else to hold on to to get me all the way down? I see a lifting device, but would rather make it on my own. In the World Stage, is it possible to enter with a rollator to the first rows? Are the chaises by the pool easy to get up from?

Thanks for all the pictures. I now have Parkinson's disease and suffer from balance problems. A few questions. Do the steps in the pool have a banister or something else to hold on to to get me all the way down? I see a lifting device, but would rather make it on my own. In the World Stage, is it possible to enter with a rollator to the first rows? Are the chaises by the pool easy to get up from?

Not 100% on the pool but believe so. And yes both do have the lifting device

World Stage yes. You'll want to enter on deck 2 not 3

They seemed the same as on any other ship so you should be fine there.

How can anyone call this interiour "Cold"? She is modern, yet VERY Warm in her design and colour usage in my opinion, but that is a 37 year old Western European opinion...

At least nowhere the faded retirement home decor of some other HAL vessels:eek:.

I got a question. To order coffee or specialty coffee or drink at The Dutch Cafe, the menu photos show the price range. But for the dessert, soup, and sandwiches there, is there a surcharge or they are also complimentary? It looks like Princess' international Cafe.we only need to pay for the coffee and speciality coffee. Am I right? Thanks.

I got a question. To order coffee or specialty coffee or drink at The Dutch Cafe, the menu photos show the price range. But for the dessert, soup, and sandwiches there, is there a surcharge or they are also complimentary? It looks like Princess' international Cafe.we only need to pay for the coffee and speciality coffee. Am I right? Thanks.

Oh, the same question was answered already. I didn't see the answer above when I typed my question. Thanks.

Underscore everyone's thanks for posting the whirlwind of photos. It's almost tempting to skip the ports and just stay/bask on the ship.

I'm in the camp that loves the artwork, the interiors and the overall 'feel' of the ship conveyed in your photos ... just hope the quality of the MDR's food matches the splendor of the ship.

Thanks again for getting us so pumped up for our upcoming cruises.

Hi Amsterdam traveller, we are sailing on koningsdam in June from Amsterdam and will be in the city for 3 days beforehand, can you recommend any local eateries (casual places) that will let us sample local cuisine a bit like the Dutch cafe onboard?

Thanks

James