Checking OBC in HAL reservation webpage

vagporto

Hi,

Is it possible to access the amount of OBC credited to my reservation before departure, at the HAL website? When I made the reservation I think I saw my OBC stated at some point (from a FCD), but now I transferred the reservation to my TA, made final payment, and I don't find any place in the HAL site where I can check the OBC. Can anybody help? Do we have an online "statement"? Thanks...

Only your TA can see your OBC now that you've transferred the booking. Same thing happened to me. Check your statements from your TA; that might have the OBC amounts on them. If not, contact your TA and ask them to check.

Good advice.

I would add: ask your TA for a copy of the HAL page with the OBC. You really do not want to have to argue on board about the amount.

Hi,

Is it possible to access the amount of OBC credited to my reservation before departure, at the HAL website? When I made the reservation I think I saw my OBC stated at some point (from a FCD), but now I transferred the reservation to my TA, made final payment, and I don't find any place in the HAL site where I can check the OBC. Can anybody help? Do we have an online "statement"? Thanks...

I booked with Hal and asked that they transfer the booking to my TA, but I received a booking confirmation from Hal showing all perks from Hal. I then contacted my TA and received confirmation from them showing both Hal's perks and theirs. Copied both to take in the cruise.

I did notice that my TA showed final payment to them two weeks prior than Hal's normal final payment date.

Good luck

I booked with Hal and asked that they transfer the booking to my TA, but I received a booking confirmation from Hal showing all perks from Hal. I then contacted my TA and received confirmation from them showing both Hal's perks and theirs. Copied both to take in the cruise.

I did notice that my TA showed final payment to them two weeks prior than Hal's normal final payment date.

Good luck

Yes, the warehouse TA does purposely used a final payment date that is two weeks prior to HAL's final payment date. This was the first time I've used them; I had inquired of them how to transfer the booking and they advised me that at the time. I don't know if you used the same TA; maybe they all use an earlier date to be safe.

Once you transfer your reservation from HAL to your own TA, you will no longer see any shipboard credit on your reservation on HAL's site.

Our TA always has sent us a confirmation from HAL listed from whom we have gotten shipboard credit. I make extra copies of that statement to take with me on our cruises.

We booked through an agent. So, if I go in and buy credit right now it will not reflect on their website?

I personally don't have any experience with purchased OBC so can't help you with that question. What we've been speaking about above, is the "free" OBC that one gets with a future cruise deposit, from one's TA, Carnival shareholder benefit or other perk from HAL. I would hope that when one purchases OBC for themselves that would show somewhere on the documents but I can't think where it would show.

Edited by Alberta Quilter

Thank you all for the help. I have no benefit from transferring to the TA, other than arranging for local insurance that I know works well (unfortunately I used it in my QVictoria cruise). I am getting more arguments for not transferring again...

We booked through an agent. So, if I go in and buy credit right now it will not reflect on their website?

Any purchases of OBC or shore excursions, etc. that you make online, will result in a confirmation email to you from HAL usually right away. The same thing applies if you book it directly over the phone. Shore excursions and spa appointments etc. will also show on your Itinerary online on the date for which they were purchased.

Thank you all for the help. I have no benefit from transferring to the TA, other than arranging for local insurance that I know works well (unfortunately I used it in my QVictoria cruise). I am getting more arguments for not transferring again...

I have had to file claims a couple of times with various policies I bought from a trip insurance website and all were fine. I switched to a TA because I get a nearly $800 OBC. That was reason enough for me. I have always gotten the OBC as expected. Your agency can call HAL with you on the phone to verify any questions.