Why don't I ever receive email offers from RCL or C&A?

My email address has been in my profile since at least 2010, but I have yet to receive any email or see an offer on new cruise sales, offers like drink package or internet offers, etc. I have always booked our cruises through a travel agent, might that be why?

I'm in the same boat. I can't even get the Royal brochures when I order them through the website (I have tried 3 times and I get nothing). I have had to get my fellow travel mates to order a 2nd one.

No email, no brochures, nothing, nada, zilch!

However, Princess sends me emails at least weekly and I get brochures from them (without going to the website) every few weeks.

Edited by skrapngal

Other than "conformations" for a booked cruise, I have NEVER receive any e-mails either. I learn about all of the promo's HERE. (thank goodness). :)

One of the best one was, "go to your cruise planner and you will see the sale for beverage packages". Who goes to their cruise planner unless you are ready to start booking things. Had I not seen that post HERE, I never would have known about it.

Edited by champagne123
fffff

Same here. My wife and son each get e-mails almost daily yet I don't get anything. When we made Diamond Plus level they mailed my son the new pin and luggage tags but my wife and I didn't get anything.

I have a bit of a different problem with the emails I receive. I am the one who books the cruises, the excursions, calls them and asks the questions, the cruises are paid for with my credit card and all emails associated with all of this come to my email address. My problem - They all start with "Dear Robert". :p If Royal waited for Dear Robert to do any of these, the closest we would have ever come to sailing would have been watching reruns of the Love Boat!

Diane

Edited by Havin'fun

My email address has been in my profile since at least 2010, but I have yet to receive any email or see an offer on new cruise sales, offers like drink package or internet offers, etc. I have always booked our cruises through a travel agent, might that be why?

I would ask your travel agent what email did they enter into your booking.

So I had this problem also and this worked for me.

Once your logged in go to Profile, scroll down to where your email address is and put in a different one (does not matter, just bill@yahoo.com or something) make sure the tick box that asks if your want to receive emails is ticked and then save your changes.Now do it again but this time put the email address in that you want the emails to come to, save the changes and see if that works.

It did for me....:D

There are many of us in "the same boat".

We beg, we call, we tick off, we re-submit, we do everything but sell our first born to Royal Caribbean....................

No emails.

It's that fabulous IT system again.

:rolleyes:

We beg, we call, we tick off, we re-submit, we do everything but sell our first born to Royal Caribbean....................

No emails.

I'm willing to give them any of my kids

I have a bit of a different problem with the emails I receive. I am the one who books the cruises' date=' the excursions, calls them and asks the questions, the cruises are paid for with my credit card and all emails associated with all of this come to my email address. My problem - They all start with "Dear Robert". :p If Royal waited for Dear Robert to do any of these, the closest we would have ever come to sailing would have been watching reruns of the Love Boat!

Diane[/quote']

Too funny! Same with us, my DH doesn't go near the computer but everything comes to us in his name! Wonder if it's a cultural thing?

I have a bit of a different problem with the emails I receive. I am the one who books the cruises' date=' the excursions, calls them and asks the questions, the cruises are paid for with my credit card and all emails associated with all of this come to my email address. My problem - They all start with "Dear Robert". :p If Royal waited for Dear Robert to do any of these, the closest we would have ever come to sailing would have been watching reruns of the Love Boat!

Diane[/quote']

Me, too. Not "Dear Robert", of course, but "Dear Hubert" (my late husband's real first name.) Notice that I said late husband. I called C&A, notified them of his death, and he's off the C&A rolls. But through the magic of IT and the fact that the right hand doesn't talk to the left hand, he's still making all the booking decisions.

P.S. He did do a booking once - a wonderful cruise on the Oasis in honor of our tenth anniversary.

What? RCCL sends Email, when did that start.:eek::eek::):)

Never get anything! Have talked to everyone, have checked my profile, have prayed, but nothing. I worked in IT for over 12 years and I know a few things...the problem that all of us are having is on ROYAL'S end...:mad:

BILL

Edited by BILL-WI

No emails.

It may not be their IT system, but your IT system. I know that Comcast blocks emails from a lot of sources, even if I turn of the spam blocker. I complain about it all of the time.

Thankfully, the booking data comes through. But no promo e-mails for a LONG time.

Comcast blocked known emails from a lot of sources other than RCI, so based on many of you getting them and me not, I'm going with that.