Tender time - Grand Cayman?

SATexasPilot

Did I see correctly some where that the tender time from ship to dock at Grand Cayman is only five (5) minutes? I hope that is the case.

Because of the terrible previous tender experiences in Belize and then a tender/taxi experience from hell from Cozumel to the mainland, we would probably just stay on the ship.

Five minutes seems much more civilized.

Thanks for any responses.

The biggest problem is getting on the tenders. That is up to your cruise line. Once on, the ride is 5-10 minutes AT MOST. All ships tender, so you have no choice, but definitely get off the ship. Grand Cayman is wonderful.

Cheers

Len

Some ships are closer to shore than others. It can range from 5 -10 minutes BUT the loading-unloading time can be a pain and much longer. From the time I left my cabin and got off the tender boat in Grand Cayman, it took more than 45 minutes. Most of that was in line snaking around the ship while they loaded the tenders.

On the return, I showed up to no line, and was last on the tender, as soon as I boarded they pulled the ropes so it was very convenient.

• 1 month later...
Did I see correctly some where that the tender time from ship to dock at Grand Cayman is only five (5) minutes? I hope that is the case.

Because of the terrible previous tender experiences in Belize and then a tender/taxi experience from hell from Cozumel to the mainland, we would probably just stay on the ship.

Five minutes seems much more civilized.

Thanks for any responses.

Yes, once everyone is on, the trip is 5 minutes or less. Here is a YouTube of the journey (actually took about 3 minutes)