New format for Fun Times

crusinpsychRN

On Sunshine the Fun Times was tri-fold and didn't have the perforation. It was missing some info like tea time in the daily events (it was under food section). Also didn't have TV movies listed.

I asked at an info section and was told "so many people complained it was too big so we made it smaller and you can put it in your pocket." Yeah, if you want a big wad in your pocket.

Any other ships doing this?

I think it's all in preparation of the Fun Times being on the Hub App. I always thought all the ink was a waste. Wondered why they didn't have it on the tv and maybe on some monitors throughout the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep it in Print Screw the HUB cell phone off on Vacation No one is that important

Just wondering, do you still take the morning or evening Newspaper? It is after all the 21st century. Computers and Smart phones have been invented and not only solely intended for phone calls.

Just wondering, do you still take the morning or evening Newspaper? It is after all the 21st century. Computers and Smart phones have been invented and not only solely intended for phone calls.

[emoji847] exactly.

Wow - another cutback to save money and give guests something to complain about.

When will they learn not to change anything... ever!

Perhaps they can make the Fun Times with a hole punched in it so people can wear it around their necks on a lanyard like the S&S card. Nobody wants anything in their pockets - not even the previously detachable "shorty version" of the daily activities.

Keep it in Print Screw the HUB cell phone off on Vacation No one is that important

We agree. One thing we like about cruising is the disconnect from electronics.

From the minute we get on the ship, until we disembark, our cell phones are in the safe and never turned on during the entire cruise.

For me personally, I like the digital format. I will have my phone with me the entire cruise, in airplane mode, because I use it for my primary camera and video camera. Being able to access the Fun Times, deck plans, my S&S account, and hours of the places to eat on the ship is an added bonus and it is free. To me, a welcomed change!!

From the minute we get on the ship, until we disembark, our cell phones are in the safe and never turned on during the entire cruise.

To clarify. Disconnect from the internet and cell phone.

Edited by l2f

We do also.

No way am I carrying an expensive computer around water all day. (Cell phones are computers)

Princess has the same style Carnival is now introducing, including having tea time listed within the food. We rip off what we want and keep the rest. As the day progresses we rip off what's been done. Feels like Hansel and Gretel's bread crumbs.

The FunTimes with the tear off are an odd size, needing to be specially produced. The new ones seem to be a standard stock size, much cheaper to provide.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

LOL, I do, its so much easier to read than computer screen and you don't have to worry about battery dieing or dropping it. I work in IT so I disconnect every chance I get.

For me personally, I like the digital format. I will have my phone with me the entire cruise, in airplane mode, because I use it for my primary camera and video camera. Being able to access the Fun Times, deck plans, my S&S account, and hours of the places to eat on the ship is an added bonus and it is free. To me, a welcomed change!!

Yes I totally agree with you and all your points! First time used it on the Breeze in December and couldn't wait to use it last week on the Sunshine, now I hope it will be on the Magic by November.:D The hub app is just nice because you can favorite the activities and events you wish to attend and get reminders prior to the time. So many times we have missed something because we just didn't pay attention to the time, so it is a welcome change for us also!

Just the other day I saw a NEW Polaroid, you know a Camera that takes a picture that's on FILM that develops in less than a minute and comes out the bottom of the camera. Wow, more than 50 years old and now NEW again! No phone on it, or video, just a camera.... and film.

The HUB app is only great if you are on the ship, you need the paper if you want to take it with you. I am looking forward to using the HUB app for the first time. I'll have my phone with me as its my camera, so it'll be nice to pull up the info at any time, anywhere on the ship.

AMEN! :cool: