Eclipse solarium

catperson02

I am sailing on the Eclipse at the end of July to the Baltic with my daughters who will be 16 and almost 18 when we sail. I imagine that it may be a bit cool to use the outside pools and I understand that as they will both be over 16 they can use the solarium pool and area. I am a bit concerned that this may cause issues with fellow passengers as they both look young for their age. They are not going to be splashing about, making noise and playing games in the pool. More likely lounging about reading with the occasional dip to swim up and down with me.

If we are challenged I assume that the staff can scan their sea pass cards to prove their age but I don't want to be made to feel uncomfortable with glares and muttered comments or any atmosphere.

Is this likely to be an issue or am I worrying unnecessarily?

If they don't do anything to unduly draw attention to themselves I can't see why anyone would really mind. I believe on the Baltic cruises they sometimes relax the rules in the Solarium for part of the day anyway for the very reason that it is too cold to use the outdoor pools .

On the Eclipse's Med cruise last year there was a woman who occaisionally had her children in the solarium for the odd hour, I guess their ages were about 10 and 14. They were well behaved, didn't turn the pool into a playground, there was plenty of space for grown ups still to use the solarium, and therefore it was none issue.

I am sailing on the Eclipse at the end of July to the Baltic with my daughters who will be 16 and almost 18 when we sail. I imagine that it may be a bit cool to use the outside pools and I understand that as they will both be over 16 they can use the solarium pool and area. I am a bit concerned that this may cause issues with fellow passengers as they both look young for their age. They are not going to be splashing about, making noise and playing games in the pool. More likely lounging about reading with the occasional dip to swim up and down with me.

If we are challenged I assume that the staff can scan their sea pass cards to prove their age but I don't want to be made to feel uncomfortable with glares and muttered comments or any atmosphere.

Is this likely to be an issue or am I worrying unnecessarily?

No problem, Celebrity's rules are 16 and above can use the pool. I think they're more concerned with the really younger crowd.

Edited by dkjretired

We too are doing the Baltic Cruise and will have two at 17 years with us - they like to read (a lot) and are quiet (well sometimes) and we do intend to use the solarium -not sure how many people it holds tho.

Edited by Jack Staff

You will be fine. On our last Eclipse cruise the same family used the Solarium pool every day in the afternoon with their 2 year old in diapers and nothing was said or done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You will be fine. On our last Eclipse cruise the same family used the Solarium pool every day in the afternoon with their 2 year old in diapers and nothing was said or done.

Sent from my iPad

And that is what is so wrong with this world. Zero consideration for other passengers. It's for people over sixteen for a reason. I would not be pleased to see a child in a nappy in the pool anywhere. I go on holiday to relax and I look forward to some child free time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Something would have been done had I been there.....

Edited by SheriffJoe

Something would have been done had I been there.....

Just as an FYI, Celebrity reserves the right to open the solarium to children in the event of bad weather. They very often do this for an hour or so everyday.

Thank you it appears that my daughters will be fine. I may, however, identify them to the pool staff so that if anybody queries they know that the girls are both over 16 so allowed to use the area. You never know it may be warm enough to use the outside pool. I live in hope!

Thank you it appears that my daughters will be fine. I may, however, identify them to the pool staff so that if anybody queries they know that the girls are both over 16 so allowed to use the area. You never know it may be warm enough to use the outside pool. I live in hope!

I think this is a good idea just in case anyone did make a complaint, especially if anyone made a complaint when you were not with them.