Yacht Club vs Aurea

xxHadleyxx

Our family currently has a bigger, corner, Aurea suite booked for two adults and a 17 year old on Splendida (10007)

An upgrade to a deluxe yacht club suite has been offered for 300€ more (7 night cruise).

In trying to understand the pros and cons (we are new to MSC, here is what I think they are--PLEASE experienced MSCers, let me know if any of the below is not accurate)

In the Aurea Experience the teen cannot use the reserved sun deck with us. In the yacht club he can join us on the pool deck, in the lounge and in the restaurant. (PRO YC)

In Aurea drinks can be ordered at all the venues we can go to--at the bars near trivia games, etc In YC drinks have to be ordered only in the YC areas (how about at meals if we choose to dine elsewhere? Can we dine elsewhere?) (PRO Aurea)

Aurea includes a massage per adult, YC does not include any massages (PRO Aurea)

Yacht Club includes major pampering and that is for all of us (including the teen). (PRO YC----I'd love to hear more about this from people that have actually done it)

Looking at YC perks--it talks about the butler collecting laundry to have done--is the cost of the laundry included in YC service? Or do you still pay for that at the same rate as in other levels?

Any other big differences I am missing?

Thanks!

There is no comparison. The Yacht Club experience is vastly better experience. There is so much space in the YC. The service is great and the food in the restaurants and in the lounge are amazing. Having your own pool space cannot be understated. If you can handle the additional cost, I would jump at the chance of staying in the YC.

I have only done the YC and the experience is fabulous. It's true you can get your included drinks only in the YC. Some people get an 18 drink book of tickets to use when not in the YC but I just carry my drink and buy if I want another one from outside of the YC. Don't forget you have a minibar in your room stocked with whatever you like, beer, snacks, alcohol, water, soda.

You have Le Muse restaurant where you can also get drinks during meals. It's the dedicated YC restaurant.

I think you will have access to the thermal spa.... not positive. I do the spa but not the thermals.

Laundry you will still pay for, you put it out and your butler will collect it and return it to you.

Best part about the YC is you have access to the entire ship but it's nice to know you can always escape back up top to always find a chair by the pool, have the best view from Top Sail Lounge and snacks and drinks are almost always available.....

Aurea includes a massage per adult, YC does not include any massages (PRO Aurea)

We are soon to be taking our first MSC trip. We are booked in Yacht Club for a voyage this August, and our package includes free massages (one per adult). I do not think laundry is free, but I could be wrong on that.

Things may be different depending on which package you book, but here is what is included in our package:

MSC Yacht Club: 24 Hour Butler Service, Dedicated Concierge, Private Check-in, Private Pool & More!

MSC Yacht Club Included Amenities:

Free 24-hour butler service

Experience round-the-clock butler service in the MSC Yacht Club. Butlers are there to meet your every desire, from making dinner reservations, packing &unpacking, and even shopping for you.

Free dedicated concierge

Whatever you may need is always just a call or step away. With your own concierge, you will never have to wait long.

Free priority check-in

Sit and relax during check-in instead of waiting in a long line where you can enjoy a cocktail and assorted hors d’oeuvres in the private &exclusive reception area.

Free private lounge, pool, and bar

The pool is hardly ever crowded since it’s dedicated to just the select few staying in the MSC Yacht Club. Enjoy all the features including the free snacks, bar service and even hot tubs.

50% off all fitness classes &personal trainer

Stay in shape with yoga, pilates, aqua cycling, and spinning, or have a personal training session in our state of the art gym with panoramic views.

Free Master Chef and language classes for kids

Kids (ages 3-11) can attend a free cooking course hosted by the Pastry Chef or learn basic sentences in 6 different languages in the mini club. Both classes occur twice a week and all participants receive a chef certificate or school certificate depending on what course is taken.

MSC Yacht Club: Free Unlimited Drink Package!

Free Unlimited drinks in the MSC Yacht Club

All-inclusive beverages are available in the MSC Yacht Club, including specialty coffee, wine, beer, cocktails, soft drinks and ice cream/gelato. Some premium alcohol included, please refer to the bar menu provided by the MSC Yacht Club.

MSC Yacht Club: Free Spa Service & Private Spa Access!

Free spa service

Relax with a free 60 min. massage per person, up to 2 per stateroom, access to the sauna &steam room for the duration of your cruise, consultation with spa doctor, and welcome cocktail.

Private access to the MSC Aurea Spa

Receive your own private access to the MSC Aurea Spa, which means you arrive and leave relaxed and rejuvenated.

MSC Yacht Club: Free Private Dining in Dedicated Gourmet Restaurant!

Free private dining at dedicated restaurant

Start and end your day in a nice relaxed atmosphere with table service in your own private gourmet restaurant. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Thanks everybody. The more we researched the more wesaw people loving the YC experience, so we went ahead and booked it.

I like the idea of getting a coupon book for those times we are not in the YC and want a drink.

And DWhit thanks for posting that I have not seen that exact list but am crossing my fingers that we get those massages//interesting.

Can you please elaborate on booking different packages for the Yacht club. I was under the impression that the Yacht club does not include free massages.

Free spa service

Relax with a free 60 min. massage per person, up to 2 per stateroom, access to the sauna &steam room for the duration of your cruise, consultation with spa doctor, and welcome cocktail.

Receive your own private access to the MSC Aurea Spa, which means you arrive and leave relaxed and rejuvenated

Can you please elaborate on booking different packages for the Yacht club. I was under the impression that the Yacht club does not include free massages.
Its my first trip with MSC upcoming, so I really do not know much about it. I typically shop on a large on-line travel agency, and that is who I am booked with for this cruise. I've had the booking for several months already. In my previous post, I just cut and pasted the language from my TA's itinerary to show the various amenities that came with the package I purchased from the TA. It also came with a good bit of OBC as well.

To check things out, I just looked at the on-line TA site to see what is currently being offered, and the Spa package with massages is still being offered, but the OBC is no longer there. Also the MSC website does not show massages. I hope the TA got it correct and we will get the massages, but who knows?

To check things out, I just looked at the on-line TA site to see what is currently being offered, and the Spa package with massages is still being offered, but the OBC is no longer there. Also the MSC website does not show massages. I hope the TA got it correct and we will get the massages, but who knows?

I think your TA got it wrong unless they are paying for one for you

I think your TA got it wrong unless they are paying for one for you
I am hoping for the latter. We've used this TA on most all of our cruises with no complaints yet. So I tend to believe it when they tell me I will be getting something.

And although I am not generally a massage type guy, I am looking forward to this one, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I am hoping for the latter. We've used this TA on most all of our cruises with no complaints yet. So I tend to believe it when they tell me I will be getting something.

And although I am not generally a massage type guy, I am looking forward to this one, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

So if this is what your TA gave you and you payed your deposit already thru them then I would reconfirm with the TA that you noticed free massage was not part of the deal and confirm that they have set one up for you on their dime - don't wait til you get on the boat as the boat can't do anything for you over a promise your TA made

Edited by bnorris10

We are leaving on Saturday aboard Divina. We have booked the Aurea Suite Experience. Cabin 10007. This looks like a fantastic 2 room cabin with balcony.

We opted for the Aurea as the options as the Yacht club just didn't appeal to us. I know I wouldn't use a butler or the concierge. Just not our thing. We had one on RCL when we got married...they loved us because we never called them.

The Aurea has everything we were looking for. We are also traveling with our 10 year old son. I would prefer him at the "community pool" ...LOL as he likes to splash about. We don't really use the spa so the free massage is probably all we would do. Aside from maybe a pedicure.

I love the unlimited drinks anywhere. I don't see the sense in buying drink coupon book when you are already spending so much. They should really include it in Yacht Club.

My husband and I would use the private sundeck while kiddo is in the kids club or on the slide.

We also were able to transfer our Elite Status on Celebrity to Black on MSC. That also gives some nice perks.

Here are the benefits of Aurea:

Balcony Staterooms and Suites

Plus FREE ($600 value)- includes FANTASTICA Experience plus:

Free UNLIMITED drinks*

Free "My Choice Dining"

Free spa package with a spa welcome cocktail, one massage of your choice from the spa menu, tanning shower, private wellness consultation and free access to the Thermal Area throughout the cruise (available only for adults)

Complimentary set of well-being products

Private sundeck access

Priority boarding

* The drink package refers to Allegrissimo or More For Less Classic depending on cruise destination. (Starting Summer 2017 the Allegrissimo package will be re-named the All-Inclusive Restaurant & Bar Drink Package & the More-For-Less Classic will be renamed the All-Inclusive Classic Drink Package).

Edited by SUSIEK

The biggest advantage of the YC for us is how uncrowded it always is. Also, super priority boarding is included, including a separate entrance/exit point you can use if you wish to go ashore during the cruise. The food is better in the YC, and seating is open as to time and table. We were on the YC on the Divinia. We also took a cruise on the Poesia which does not have a YC. Back then, MSC didn't offer Aurea class, and the other classes (all were like "Bella"). We found the Poesia to be less crowded than other lines in MSC's price class, but still too many crowds and lines for us. When we cruise MSC in the future, it will always be in the YD.

Cruise lines offer a multitude of deals prior to sailing depending on how the ship is filling up, so if you have an offer just be sure to take the proof on board & you should not have any problem. Its amazing how many different offers their are.

• 4 weeks later...
Its my first trip with MSC upcoming, so I really do not know much about it. I typically shop on a large on-line travel agency, and that is who I am booked with for this cruise. I've had the booking for several months already. In my previous post, I just cut and pasted the language from my TA's itinerary to show the various amenities that came with the package I purchased from the TA. It also came with a good bit of OBC as well.

Believe what you read not what your told, your t/a is only human & can make mistakes. Just off y.c class & no free massages for y/c unless your t/a is paying & t/a don`t make a lot from selling a cruise.

SUSIEK,

When we cruised MSC in the Yacht club, unlimited drinks were included in the private Yacht club lounge, and open seating (as to time and table) was offered in the Yacht Club restaurant. And I believe it is still that way. To me, this and the lack of lines and crowds makes it worth it to me. The YC experience is just like a lux line like Regent or Silversea, except room service is a bit sparse. But for half the cost of a lux line, I'll take it!

It's likely that the free massage was an offer between MSC and your big box agency. Offering incentives to large profit generators is common practice in the industry. If, by chance, the TA did mess up, it is highly likely they will still honor your offer. Probably best to get it straightened out land side to avoid any frustration on-board. Have fun!!

• 8 months later...
We are soon to be taking our first MSC trip. We are booked in Yacht Club for a voyage this August, and our package includes free massages (one per adult). I do not think laundry is free, but I could be wrong on that.

Things may be different depending on which package you book, but here is what is included in our package:

MSC Yacht Club: 24 Hour Butler Service, Dedicated Concierge, Private Check-in, Private Pool & More!

Free 24-hour butler service

Experience round-the-clock butler service in the MSC Yacht Club. Butlers are there to meet your every desire, from making dinner reservations, packing &unpacking, and even shopping for you.

Free dedicated concierge

Whatever you may need is always just a call or step away. With your own concierge, you will never have to wait long.

Free priority check-in

Sit and relax during check-in instead of waiting in a long line where you can enjoy a cocktail and assorted hors d’oeuvres in the private &exclusive reception area.

Free private lounge, pool, and bar

The pool is hardly ever crowded since it’s dedicated to just the select few staying in the MSC Yacht Club. Enjoy all the features including the free snacks, bar service and even hot tubs.

50% off all fitness classes &personal trainer

Stay in shape with yoga, pilates, aqua cycling, and spinning, or have a personal training session in our state of the art gym with panoramic views.

Free Master Chef and language classes for kids

Kids (ages 3-11) can attend a free cooking course hosted by the Pastry Chef or learn basic sentences in 6 different languages in the mini club. Both classes occur twice a week and all participants receive a chef certificate or school certificate depending on what course is taken.

MSC Yacht Club: Free Unlimited Drink Package!

Free Unlimited drinks in the MSC Yacht Club

All-inclusive beverages are available in the MSC Yacht Club, including specialty coffee, wine, beer, cocktails, soft drinks and ice cream/gelato. Some premium alcohol included, please refer to the bar menu provided by the MSC Yacht Club.

Free spa service

Receive your own private access to the MSC Aurea Spa, which means you arrive and leave relaxed and rejuvenated.

MSC Yacht Club: Free Private Dining in Dedicated Gourmet Restaurant!

Free private dining at dedicated restaurant

Start and end your day in a nice relaxed atmosphere with table service in your own private gourmet restaurant. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Thanks so much! Very helpful.

We are frequent cruisers but have been on MSC only once (Divina). Upgraded to Yacht Club at a very reasonable price and LOVED LOVED LOVED it .

We didn't ask for anything from our butler or concierge. But the butlers were all over the Yacht Club. Especially accommodating everywhere particularly the Top Sail Lounge where we spent most of our time.

We brought drinks from the Yacht Club to wherever we went on the ship. But we hardly ever left the Yacht Club LOL.

My concerns were about the dining arrangements if not in Yacht Club. The dining rooms look very very crowded. And we like to sit alone at a table for 2. I don't know how readily available they are. Also don't want to eat at assigned time. I don't know how well that "Anytime Dining" really works.

The private dining room in Yacht club was fabulous! Always a table for two with great ocean views 3 meals/day. Menu changed every day. Personal service by the same staff every day. Very few tables occupied at breakfast and lunch. Bottles of wine were opened every lunch and dinner changing at every meal.

Of course the private deck and pool and outside bar were fabulous too.

The crowds throughout the rest of the boat concerned me.

I totally agree with the above post. The MSC ships that have a YC are their large ones, and lines and crowds in the main parts of the ship get very intense. After all, MSC is a mass market line, though one of the better ones IMO. Just speaking for us, we won't go on any mass market line unless we book in the YC or something identical.