Gratuities up $12.95 / 13.95 suites

LMaxwell

My problem is I will accept the price increase because Carnival is my line of choice but stop announcing we need to tip over and above on the PA.

John Heald and every CD "encourage" passengers to tip tip tip. Why? I have already paid mine. I refuse to pay additional service charges when the service I receive is already paid for through cruise fare and the required Service Charge every cruise line requires.

I've been on several cruises on Carnival over the past two years and I've never heard any of the CDs encourage tipping. The only "encouragement" I recall seeing is the standard "thank you for your gratuities" message in the last day's newsletter or flyer.

My problem is I will accept the price increase because Carnival is my line of choice but stop announcing we need to tip over and above on the PA.

John Heald and every CD "encourage" passengers to tip tip tip. Why? I have already paid mine. I refuse to pay additional service charges when the service I receive is already paid for through cruise fare and the required Service Charge every cruise line requires.

My feelings exactly. We are already overcharges tips. I don't understand why so many people tip extra. Some people probably spend more on tipping then there onboard purchases.

Edited by cruiser fanatic

I can't think of one cruise (6 in the last two years) where I have heard that.

That's just it. But they think it's low, why do it at all if they don't think it covers what it covers.meanwhile they keep cutting back service. You used to get three service meals by your same service staff for each of those meals. They offered alternative self serve dining, which was a choice when you and if you wanted it.

But when they DON'T offer it at all and don't even open the dining room for certain meals, they have removed my choice.

So now I tip a little over $2 per person per meal if I'm served in the MDR. More which they take if I do CT or SH.

have NEVER heard this, geez

I am not going to keep debating on whether prices are going up or not. I know that they are going up. Yes, the Dream and Vista class are going to be more expensive and I understand that because they are the bigger and newer ships. But even the cruises on the Fantasy and Conquest class have been going up.

duh...what can you purchase that hasn't gone up and gotten smaller...like candy bars, 12 oz packages of bacon (not a pound), less than 3 oz LARGE bags of chips...I don't like it, but it is reality...moving on...

duh...what can you purchase that hasn't gone up and gotten smaller...like candy bars, 12 oz packages of bacon (not a pound), less than 3 oz LARGE bags of chips...I don't like it, but it is reality...moving on...

I am not upset about the price increase. I am just pointing out that Carnival has gone up and may longer be the cheapest cruise line.