Free Specialty Restaurant Dining and Sharing?

Lastdance

My DH and I will have two free speciality dining restaurants next year; however, we only need one. Can you invite friends or give this perk away? Celebrity has given me and no and a maybe. What has been your experience?

Many thanks[emoji844]

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking just yet. Are you receiving this "free specialty dining" benefit from the cruise line? A travel agent? Other process?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking just yet. Are you receiving this "free specialty dining" benefit from the cruise line? A travel agent? Other process?

Yes, it is from Celebrity for booking a suite last November, before the cut off date...

So, I'm guessing you want to give away the two dinners to friends because you're eating in Luminae? I'm sure other experienced cruisers will chime in, but I thought at least one guest from the suite had to be at the specialty venue if the second meal was going to be consumed by another non-suite guest.

Lastdance

Just think it through: Royal Suite and Penthouse guests get unlimited specialty dining but many prefer to eat all their meals in Luminae. Would you expect them to be able to give another guest dinner in a specialty restaurant every evening?

The same suites get the Premium Beverage Package but many have also received a Classic Beverage Package as part of the on board booking incentive. They have never been able to give this to another guest [nor get some other compensation in its place.]

Edited by Project_gal

I cannot see Celebrity allowing you to 'gift' a free dining...as Project_gal said, many people now board with duplicate drinks packages, unlimited internet and free internet on Elite coupons....

What the M'D may agree to, however, is for you to dine with two friends in one of the specialities. Worth a conversation...

My DH and I will have two free speciality dining restaurants next year; however, we only need one. Can you invite friends or give this perk away? Celebrity has given me and no and a maybe. What has been your experience?

Many thanks[emoji844]

2 vouchers/coupons each good for 2 diners, right?

2 vouchers/coupons each good for 2 diners, right?

No vouchers or coupons, just a 0 charge to your card...So the people you 'gave' your dinner to would need to present your card. If they presented their own they would be charged.

Many thanks[emoji844]

You could eat in a specialty restaurant and invite your friends to eat with you, then "pay" for your friends' meals with one of your "free" specialty dining perks. We have done this before.

There's nothing to give the other people because there's no voucher or card showing this perk. It's just something that the maitre'd of the restaurants know is a perk and you're not charged. Like others have said, take the other couple with you to the dinner.

That looks like a great plan... 4 for Murano!

Thanks!

Have a great time but please discuss and make an agreement with the M'D on booking...All of us are hoping that this would be an acceptable solution...It would be a very sour end to the meal if you were presented with a bill for your 'guests'.

Have a great time but please discuss and make an agreement with the M'D on booking...All of us are hoping that this would be an acceptable solution...It would be a very sour end to the meal if you were presented with a bill for your 'guests'.

Double check, We tried this and we were charged for the 2 guests. They would not let us transfer the dinners last spring on the Millie

Chris

Double check, We tried this and we were charged for the 2 guests. They would not let us transfer the dinners last spring on the Millie

Chris

I was definitely going to ask once onboard, as everything is subject to change. We enjoy Blu and Luminae, but Murano is nice too! By the way, I was NOT tying to do any disservice to Celebrity, but just wanted to know your(all posters) experiences. When I called 2 separate times, I got two different answers; I know that is usually the case. If we didn't have these free dinners, it wouldn't bother me a bit!

Thanks for sharing your specific situation, Chris.:)