Cruise segments?

Womble99

I have been reading through the threads on B2B's about how cruise's that are made up of segment are treated for CC points. But I am trying to work out what is considered a segment? Is it a portion of the cruise which is sold with a separate voyage number?

It is pretty clear cut for Caribbean cruises at 7+7 day cruises but what about a 2+19 which is also sold as a 21? Both the 2 and 19 have separate voyage numbers and the 21 is just departing from one port earlier than the 19.

Would you need to book this as a B2B to get the additional credit or would it be automatic like the 7+7 day cruises?

A cruise segment is the shortest piece that can be purchased. So you could have a 3 day cruise followed by a 4 day cruise. You could buy just the 3 day, just the 4 day, the two separately or the 2 as one cruise. Sometimes there are financial benefits to purchasing the two segments as one cruise. Other times two segments works best.

In my example above, you would get two cruise credits where booking as one 7 day cruise or as a 3 & a 4 day cruise.

Would you need to book this as a B2B to get the additional credit or would it be automatic like the 7+7 day cruises?

It is supposed to be automatic. In the past it was not and you had to call. Now it seems to be working without the need to call.

Maybe it's done different here.

But

Our last cruise was 34 days, it was sold in various segments (at least 4) most people did either the 34 days, the 18 days or the 16 days, so at least two segments (there were also some others but they were only sold by a limited number of agents), we got credited for ONE cruise.

Now to us it doesn't matter as we will get any status on days way before we get it on number of cruises. However that's what happened with us. For what it's worth.

I was kind of expecting the chance of different rules south of the equator :) I thought I may as well ask before I go trying to book as the cabins we are looking at are being held back on the web by princess for the 21 day cruise but are available for the 2 and 19.

Won't make a difference to us if we manage to get them to release the cabins for the 21 day cruise but it will for our traveling companions.

I was kind of expecting the chance of different rules south of the equator :) I thought I may as well ask before I go trying to book as the cabins we are looking at are being held back on the web by princess for the 21 day cruise but are available for the 2 and 19.

Won't make a difference to us if we manage to get them to release the cabins for the 21 day cruise but it will for our traveling companions.

Sometimes it's overlooked that different parts of the world do it differently.

Ours was circumnavigation of Aus and NZ.

PRINCESS SOLD IT Sydney to Perth and Perth to Sydney, however some agents sold,

Sydney to Darwin, or Adelaide,

Darwin to Perth, Sydney or Adelaide

Perth to Adelaide

I think Melbourne was an option too.

But in the main just the two segments, but as I said we only got credit for one cruise.

However wife skipped straight to Platinum missed the one below (Gold?) purely based on days.

We are looking at a Melbourne to Singapore which is also sold Sydney to Singapore with the 2 day party cruise between Mlb and Syd. They might give the extra credit or not, then again we might get lucky and get another minibar setup ;)

We are looking at a Melbourne to Singapore which is also sold Sydney to Singapore with the 2 day party cruise between Mlb and Syd. They might give the extra credit or not, then again we might get lucky and get another minibar setup ;)

if your thinking about the Golden in march 2018 you should be able to book it as a b2b and get 2 credits plus 2 mini bars and get the same room, i was going to do that but i'm joining in Sydney and doing the 19 day one

if your thinking about the Golden in march 2018 you should be able to book it as a b2b and get 2 credits plus 2 mini bars and get the same room, i was going to do that but i'm joining in Sydney and doing the 19 day one

Waiting on my cruise consultant to get into work............

There was one time we were on for seven days and then another seven days and the B2B was credited as only one. We contacted Princess when we caught it and they gave us two credits. Easy for them to fix. Since then all of our B2Bs have been credit separately.

We use a princess consultant, two window suites booked and hopefully a third coerced into joining :D

i decided to book the one from Melb to Sydney and Sydney to Singapore too so i have 2 booking numbers and i'll get 2 mini bars too

i decided to book the one from Melb to Sydney and Sydney to Singapore too so i have 2 booking numbers and i'll get 2 mini bars too

Lol I think we broke it, the whole cruise is showing sold out now :rolleyes:

No mini bar setups now, cruise has been cancelled :( new alternative itinerary comes out May 9 (now heading via perth)

No mini bar setups now, cruise has been cancelled :( new alternative itinerary comes out May 9 (now heading via perth)

is the new itinerary still going to Singapore

Yes still final destination Singapore just going west instead of up the east coast so it will be shorter as well.

i went and booked the b2b so i'll see what the price will be now

do you happen to know the starting price

Have no idea sorry, but I don't think it departs from Sydney anymore though as all the March cruises for the golden were cancelled and new itineraries coming

ok thanks for that so i'll wait and see what the new itinerary and prices are

Yes still final destination Singapore just going west instead of up the east coast so it will be shorter as well.

the new cruise will be the 18th march 2018 and a 15 nighter x Melb

TBA monday 9th as you said