Emerald recent reviews, YIKES!

mina

We were on the Emerald for 14 days November 2015. Our only complaint was how hot the Ship was. Many passengers were complaining about the temperature. Two contacts with the maintenance dept. resulted in no improvement. Passenger services confirmed multiple pax complaints. Everything else was OK. MDR was great.

Fortunately for us our room this past trip was just OK as far as the AC but we've had times when the AC was like you said- bad. There are problems with certain rooms/sections where they just cannot fix it - and there are many of those. If you wind up in one of those rooms it can make the cruise miserable and if the ship is sailing full there's no solution to change to another room.

After reading all the reviews on this thread my take -away is: Emerald is a good ship with a good crew and good food. Some people had better experience than others: however, nobody had their cruise ruined or had an absolutely terrible time. :)

IMHO Princess give us certain consistency's across their product. When on the Emerald last Christmas we had the best cabin steward ever. Food was standard Princess quality and was fine. Everything is great until something goes wrong then getting someone to fix a problem can become problematic. We had no issues but a few others had issues with no cold water, no hot water or no air conditioning. The Ship was one week out of a major dry dock. It's all part of the adventure...

Perfect, what ever is perfect.

Tons of Fun, you bet.

framer

After reading all the reviews on this thread my take -away is: Emerald is a good ship with a good crew and good food. Some people had better experience than others: however, nobody had their cruise ruined or had an absolutely terrible time. :)

Well said.

I am currently on the Emerald Princess, and have no complaints. Day 9, of our Canaries Cruise.

Preceding this cruise there was a 3 night short cruise, and we have heard from passengers and staff that it was very busy in the bars, as so many had the beverage package, and unlike Spring break in the US, as the weather was cold all pax were inside the ship. All pax I have spoken to have said that cruise was very off putting, and if it had been their first cruise they wouldn't have sailed Princess again. Of course there will be many other pax, who thought the party atmosphere was great.

I have only used horizon court twice on the cruise, and found it just Okay, it was a little bland for my tastes.

Dining room, international cafe and preggo pizza have all been excellent.

Had a wonderful meal at Share, so good we are returning tonight to try the other menu choices. Crown Grill was as it has always been, but we felt a little non pluss, at the experience. I think we may be a bit bored of the CG now. Hoping to try the Salty Dog, but the menu choices and standard in the dining room has been so good, we have not had time yet.

Service all over the ship has been excellent, with one exception, the PES lounge. Have only visited twice, sour faced servers complaining about other staff do not make an enjoyable experience. Vines with Edwin and Maxsym, has been perfect.

The only disappoint has been entertainment, if you don't enjoy passenger led entertainment,quizzes and game shows, you may be disappointed. I have heard many complaints that there is no choice in the evening, A justified complaint in my opinion. The worse evening entertainment I have ever experienced on a cruise. So we have just enjoyed the bars a little more 😄

I would happily be staying on the ship if I had the opportunity. I am sure you will have a great time.

I am currently on the Emerald Princess, and have no complaints. Day 9, of our Canaries Cruise.

Preceding this cruise there was a 3 night short cruise, and we have heard from passengers and staff that it was very busy in the bars, as so many had the beverage package, and unlike Spring break in the US, as the weather was cold all pax were inside the ship. All pax I have spoken to have said that cruise was very off putting, and if it had been their first cruise they wouldn't have sailed Princess again. Of course there will be many other pax, who thought the party atmosphere was great.

I have only used horizon court twice on the cruise, and found it just Okay, it was a little bland for my tastes.

Dining room, international cafe and preggo pizza have all been excellent.

Had a wonderful meal at Share, so good we are returning tonight to try the other menu choices. Crown Grill was as it has always been, but we felt a little non pluss, at the experience. I think we may be a bit bored of the CG now. Hoping to try the Salty Dog, but the menu choices and standard in the dining room has been so good, we have not had time yet.

Service all over the ship has been excellent, with one exception, the PES lounge. Have only visited twice, sour faced servers complaining about other staff do not make an enjoyable experience. Vines with Edwin and Maxsym, has been perfect.

The only disappoint has been entertainment, if you don't enjoy passenger led entertainment,quizzes and game shows, you may be disappointed. I have heard many complaints that there is no choice in the evening, A justified complaint in my opinion. The worse evening entertainment I have ever experienced on a cruise. So we have just enjoyed the bars a little more 😄

I would happily be staying on the ship if I had the opportunity. I am sure you will have a great time.

Might be why they don't offer drink packages on cruises less than 7 days in Australia.

Originally posted by Pink-Belle

The Professional entertainment is excellent. But I think Princess is trying to save some money by trying to let the passengers do the entertaining it's getting so bad :eek:

Tony

Glad to know that, overall, you are enjoying your cruise!

Originally posted by Pink-Belle

The Professional entertainment is excellent. But I think Princess is trying to save some money by trying to let the passengers do the entertaining it's getting so bad :eek:

Tony

Yes, two production shows over 10 nights is really disappointing. 2 singers, missed both, a couple of comedians, now comedy is different for everyone but nobody found one of them funny 😦

Service continues to be excellent in the main. 2 nd meal at Share as good as first. Very much a menu to appeal to Europeans, small plates (very filling) and items prepared in imaginative ways, but nothing outlandish.

Hoping to try Salty Dog tomorrow night.

Envious of those boarding Saturday.

Hi

We sailed on the EP for 3 weeks in January into February this year and had a fabulous time. Great crew, excellent service and we found the food plentiful and delicious. We only ate in Horizon Court as that is our preference. We have probably sailed more on the EP than any other Princess ship and we love her. She is looking splendind since her refurb too. We wil sail on her again this September but sadly she is then repostitioning to Australia I believe, after Alaska so we shan't see her again for a while. We much prefer the gem class ships to the newer ships although the layout of Horizon Court in the newer ships is much better than gem class. We just love the promenade deck and watching the world sail by. We hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Thanks I thought with the time she is spending in Europe they may have added the universals

That would be a huge undertaking, I'd think. I haven't been on the Emerald, but the other few ships I've taken in Europe all had the North American power sockets.

That would be a huge undertaking, I'd think. I haven't been on the Emerald, but the other few ships I've taken in Europe all had the North American power sockets.

I just thought that as Diamond has been equiped with them Emerald may have been too.

But I've got plenty of adapters so no worries.

Hi

We sailed on the EP for 3 weeks in January into February this year and had a fabulous time. Great crew, excellent service and we found the food plentiful and delicious. We only ate in Horizon Court as that is our preference. We have probably sailed more on the EP than any other Princess ship and we love her. She is looking splendind since her refurb too. We wil sail on her again this September but sadly she is then repostitioning to Australia I believe, after Alaska so we shan't see her again for a while. We much prefer the gem class ships to the newer ships although the layout of Horizon Court in the newer ships is much better than gem class. We just love the promenade deck and watching the world sail by. We hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Nice to know you enjoyed it. What was refurbished that is easily noticeable? Excited to look at it when we board next week.

Pink-Belle, please let me know how the Salty Dog was, I am really looking forward to trying it!

Excellent! Although far too much food. I loved the appetisers and dessert, we would very happily eat here again, in fact wish we had much earlier in the cruise, so we had time to fit another visit in. Next time we are only going to order 3 of the main dishes, as choosing 3 each was far too much. You must leave room for dessert, they were a highlight.

Getting ready for our May 28th cruise out of Southampton, so thought I would check out the recent member reviews. Every review over the past few weeks have been below average to bad. Lots of negative comments on the Horizon Court, lack of staff to provide service and even negative comments on the Crown Grill, which is my favorite place! Now, I know one of the recent cruises was a short one to the Canary Islands, and short cruises usually do not get good reviews. However, seems to a theme around the food venues in the recent reviews. Will this impact my attitude -- no. Have enjoyed the Emerald before and will do so on this upcoming cruise. I just hope they get whatever the Horizon Court and other venue issues are worked through before end of May!

I too saw a lot of negative reviews for the Sapphire prior to our Feb. cruise and wondered what the heck happened?? Well nothing really. She was terrific and we received the level of service I have come to expect from Princess. Some folks just have to squak I guess. :roll eyes: We recently purchased a car from a dealership that we have been dealing with for 10 yrs. and of course like how we have been treated. Some nitwit put a negative review because she, the princess of another sort had to wait 15 mins. from the time she arrived to pick up her car and another nut creamed the dealership because his air suspension system on his 10 yr. old car went out a few weeks after he serviced his car there. He blamed them for sabotage. :roll eyes: I say don't worry and all should be good!

Edited by jacketwatch

Getting ready for our May 28th cruise out of Southampton

Me too. I'm not going to get too worried about the reviews. As long as it's better than P&O Oceana, which I did over Easter (and which sadly won't be too hard) I'll be a happy bunny :D

I don't use the food court in any case as I'm not really a fan of buffets.

I would like to try a chef's table though. Do they have this on Emerald, does anyone know? I can't seem to find out from the wedsite.

Me too. I'm not going to get too worried about the reviews. As long as it's better than P&O Oceana, which I did over Easter (and which sadly won't be too hard) I'll be a happy bunny :D

I don't use the food court in any case as I'm not really a fan of buffets.

I would like to try a chef's table though. Do they have this on Emerald, does anyone know? I can't seem to find out from the wedsite.

You will probably like the international cafe then as well, they make great sandwiches during lunch time and have wonderful pastries in the mornings! Looking forward to the cruise, always wanted to see the fjords!

You will probably like the international cafe then as well, they make great sandwiches during lunch time and have wonderful pastries in the mornings! Looking forward to the cruise, always wanted to see the fjords!

The fjords are spectacular. I did this or similar about three years ago on Grand Princess. This cruise is all about the beautiful Norwegian scenery.

I do like the International Cafe. The little pastries are too good to avoid and are probably responsible in the main for the inevitable extra cruiuse pounds ;)

Edited by Jools.s