Can I send a postcard from the ship?

Frncie

I know, we are very old fashioned, but we still like to send postcards from our travels. What is the best way to do this from a cruise ship?

Our upcoming Mediterranean cruise on the Riviera calls at five different countries in twelve days. That's a lot of different stamps to stock up on and keep track of. I suppose the ideal situation would be if we could mail them from the ship.

Does anyone have any recent experience with this? Thanks!

I know, we are very old fashioned, but we still like to send postcards from our travels. What is the best way to do this from a cruise ship?

Our upcoming Mediterranean cruise on the Riviera calls at five different countries in twelve days. That's a lot of different stamps to stock up on and keep track of. I suppose the ideal situation would be if we could mail them from the ship.

Does anyone have any recent experience with this? Thanks!

Late last fall, a friend had the front desk on Insignia send a post card for her. It wasn't sent as promptly as one would think - a few days (and ports, I think) later. So don't rely on it. Usually you can buy stamps at the local tobacconist shop and post them yourself.

Bottom line, though, if you aren't going off the ship, they are likely to do it for you.

Edited by Tansy Mews

I'm on the RTW right now and periodically send postcards to a 95 year old in a retirement home and a munchkin --both are delighted to receive mail.

If i can't find stamps and post office, I give them to Reception on board Insignia and they will post it for me at that port as long as I get it to them a few hours before sailing.

I hand them my room card and $1.50 per card is charged to my room. It is a tiny price for the amount of joy it brings!

hope this helps!

We have a "Mission"..when we get off a cruise in a port.."find" post-cards!!

We used to mail them from the port..and now we bring them home...and mail them from home!!!

Trust me!!!! Getting a "private" piece of mail today...is priceless!!!...Our friends love that we thought about them...and they are "on the list"!!!!

And it is still expensive..BUT...you know the cost...and you know...with some assurance...that that precious piece of mail...will be delivered!!!

Please...know that the post card is not DEAD..and that friends/loved ones...love them!!!! LuAnn

Edited by LuAnn

We have a "Mission"..when we get off a cruise in a port.."find" post-cards!!

We used to mail them from the port..and now we bring them home...and mail them from home!!!

Trust me!!!! Getting a "private" piece of mail today...is priceless!!!...Our friends love that we thought about them...and they are "on the list"!!!!

And it is still expensive..BUT...you know the cost...and you know...with some assurance...that that precious piece of mail...will be delivered!!!

Please...know that the post card is not DEAD..and that friends/loved ones...love them!!!! LuAnn

In the world of computer addiction ...which I loathe. Getting personal mail is both wonderful and enduring. You are so right...and so considerate.

Sometimes I get these "computer generated greeting cards" that are about as personal as a can of baked beans... I throw them away without opening...sending something personal buy the most impersonal possible mode is an insult to me.