BALCONY! What do I need to know? Thankyou Upgrade Fairy!

If you set up a trampoline on your balcony, be sure to wear a helmet. Otherwise, you'll end up with one heck of a headache!:eek::D:D:D

Now I'll know what that odd thumping sound is during our cruise on Conquest! See you there beachbum53 in 18 days! :D

So I just got the call! I don't know how or why - but the uggrade fairy just offered us $298 to upgrade from an interior to a balcony - and I took it! Not going to tell the spouse till we get to the terminal........

What do I need to know? Take? I've taken nightlights for our interior cabin, and now I'm on a balcony! What do I need to know, Carnival gurus?

You can still bring your night light. When we go to bed we leave the bathroom door open a crack so if we wake up during the night we won't trip on anything.

I recently just paid my cruise off on the 5th for carnival ecstasy for an interior room wanted a balcony but at that time prices were outrageous I keep in contact with my carnival fun expert but he just comes up with more outrageous prices any ideas how to upgrade before the 4th of July without breaking the bank?

Quiet and the sound of the ocean - breakfast on the balcony - definitely sun rises - moon sets - fresh air in your bathrobe!

And really please that door slamming thing is real, Those doors are heavy!

So I just got the call! I don't know how or why - but the uggrade fairy just offered us $298 to upgrade from an interior to a balcony - and I took it! Not going to tell the spouse till we get to the terminal........

What do I need to know? Take? I've taken nightlights for our interior cabin, and now I'm on a balcony! What do I need to know, Carnival gurus?

Nothing.

I'm surprised we don't see threads about the door taking off someone's fingers. The doors are so heavy and really slam. Just once in everyone's life you should experience having the balcony door open and open the cabin door! Easy way to make a big mess.

With regard to your neighbors seeing your reflection in the railing glass, this is pretty much on every balcony. One cure is to place a towel over the railing mostly hanging down and covering the inside glass. But note that it may blow around frequently, so you may have to secure it, or make it wet. Some pleople like to block the reflection because they like to be out on the balcony tanning those parts of their body the get little sunshine.

Didn't I read somewhere on here that it's a good idea to take a bungee cord for balcony doors?

Not only will it affect your air conditioning, but your neighbors as well. It is forbidden on Carnival Ships. Hope you don't do this.

I've had calls for an upsell and upgrade to a balcony cabin. IMO, upgrade is correct for all. There's either upgrade for a fee or upgrade for free.

Enjoy your balcony! I love your excitement.

Last year I got the upsell call, interior to balcony, I took the over and didn't tell my wife. I remember sitting at the Port of Miami and my wife looking up at the ship and saying how nice it would be to habe a balcony. I wa looming up too, but counting decks and windows trying to find the balcony only I knew about. The look on her face wa priceless when she opened the door and realized we had a balcony! Room service breakfasy ebery morning was the best. It was also nice not feeling you had to rush to get somewhere, you will have one of the best veiws on the ship anytime you want. Coming into port and seeing the flying fish was amazing. This fall we are cruising out of Baltimore, I am looking forward to the trip down the Chesapeake Bay, of course this time she knows we have a balcony, she insisted.

Congratulations!

1. The doors are heavy. Please use your own strength to close them or they will slam very hard. This is very disruptive to your neighbors.

2. Do not take a bungee cord. Propping your door open will affect the AC of the rooms around you due to the way the vents are constructed.

3. Go out early in the morning when it is quiet and just look at the water!

4. Go out late at night and enjoy the stars!

I totally agree with all of this!!! Enjoy enjoy enjoy! We have propped the balcony door open with the chair but that will mess up the ac and do be careful of your fingers!

I recently just paid my cruise off on the 5th for carnival ecstasy for an interior room wanted a balcony but at that time prices were outrageous I keep in contact with my carnival fun expert but he just comes up with more outrageous prices any ideas how to upgrade before the 4th of July without breaking the bank?

I wouldn't expect it. There are almost no balcony rooms on the Ecstasy and on our cruise they sold out a few months before sailing. I didn't count but I would be surprised if there were 75 rooms total with a balcony and most of those are suites (expensive) or aft cabins (go super quick because the balcony is double sized).

I wouldn't expect it. There are almost no balcony rooms on the Ecstasy and on our cruise they sold out a few months before sailing. I didn't count but I would be surprised if there were 75 rooms total with a balcony and most of those are suites (expensive) or aft cabins (go super quick because the balcony is double sized).

Very true.

Change to a larger ship. Fantasy class have few balconies and are priced way too high.

I'm surprised we don't see threads about the door taking off someone's fingers. The doors are so heavy and really slam. Just once in everyone's life you should experience having the balcony door open and open the cabin door! Easy way to make a big mess.

The Valor has sliding doors on the balcony. I don't know why they don't do that on all the ships. No slamming.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes, please be considerate with your balcony light. We had a balcony on our last cruise and the neighbors always and every night had their light on so we couldn't enjoy the moonlight on our balcony. We had to have the drapes pulled every night so we could sleep. It definitely interfered with the night time enjoyment of our balcony. It's very inconsiderate! I'd rather have the door bang.