Serenade: Chef's Table Questions

Hi,

Is the chef's table on the Serenade worth the additional cost? It's quite expensive and I have the drink package so no big deal pairing wines. What type of food is on the menu? Do you get to order or are the courses fixed? How popular is this? Is it hard to get a reservation?

I participated in the chef's table on NCL. It was a one time event per cruise for 12 people. I absolutely loved it and would do it again. The food/service was some of the best I've ever had.

Thank you!

We really thought it was worth it. More so than any other specialty we've done. On serenade it's very intimate and just a great experience overall. The private room is just what the doctor ordered compared to having it in the windjammer like they do on FOS.

Book it!

Guess I should answer a few of your questions.... it's a fixed menu where they come out and explain each course beforehand. BUT before the dinner you sit with all the other guests over sparkling wine and get to know each other so there's a sense of community before you head in. We booked the moment we got on the ship and toured the room and from what I hear the Serenade Chef's table is one of the most popular in the fleet.

We did it on the Serenade in Feb and loved it. They have a very nice private room for the event. It is a fixed menu. I believe it was 5 or 6 courses. The first course was Lobster which was delicious. I think the menu does change. They do serve very nice wine. I didn't keep the menu but I know the wines were excellent. One of the red wines was a Caymus. It was a very long dinner. I think we started at 7:30 and ended at 10:30. We met quite a few very nice people and everyone had a wonderful time. I would do it again.

We had done the 11 night Holiday Cruise just this past New Year's and actually did 2 Chef's Tables. Absolutely Fantastic. The beauty of it was we had different menu's at each sitting which made if worth while. The wines worked very well with the dishes but if you don't like one of the selections, tell them to pour you another glass of something you've had already. The staff was very accommodating. Bento was our waiter at the table who also served breakfast in the Concierge Lounge.

We did the Chef's Table two weeks ago and for me, it's the one splurge we do on a cruise that seems worth it. Yes, it's expensive, but it is impeccable service and very good food. We had a group of 8, plus 4 more at the table and got along very well. It was a very enjoyable evening of good food, good wine and good friends!

We did it in March. I'll just re-iterate what the others said... FANTASTIC! We also had Bento who is wonderful. We had 16 which was a bit more than I expected, but it was still wonderful. We went with another couple who did Freedom and hated it. It took us a while to talk them into going. They loved it and raved about it. Nothing like what they experienced on Freedom. The wine flowed freely, multiple pours for each course if you wanted. The food was awesome. The menu is not the one pictured above. I don't have a copy, but the lobster was fantastic. However there was a tenderloin dish. It was smoked with a wine reduction (I think) on it. It was THE BEST BEEF I'VE EVER HAD ON A SHIP! My wife agreed! Simply fantastic! I say go for it. A wonderful evening worth every penny.

I loved Chef's Table on Serenade. The whole experience was wonderful and it's no surprise it's the mostly highly rated in the fleet. A big part of that is Bento. He will be going to Harmony.

Oh, that is good news!

I loved Chef's Table on Serenade. The whole experience was wonderful and it's no surprise it's the mostly highly rated in the fleet. A big part of that is Bento. He will be going to Harmony.

I agree Chef's Table on Serenade is wonderful and Bento the greatest, we were looking forward to seeing him again on the Serenade in August, thankfully we are on Harmony this summer as well, any idea when he will be moving ?

We are considering doing the chef's table with a friend' date=' but my wife is not a big wine drinker. Do you think it would be worth it for her?[/quote']

What ship are you on? If you are on an Oasis Class, do 150 Park Central. It is similar to Chef's Table in that it is a very nice tasting menu, but the wine pairing is separate.

But as for Chef's Table, it's as much about the food as the wine. You say "not a big wine drinker." Does that mean she drinks a little wine? If so, she can have a few sips of each wine at each course and still enjoy the meal. For me, the meal's have been wonderful (we've done 4 Chef's Table). It's a very nice experience (at least on the ships we've done it on). About a 3 hour event. But only you can decide if it's worth it the price. You do pay for the wine regardless of whether or not you drink it.

Oh, that is good news!

I know! I'm looking forward to experiencing the Chef's Table with Bento on the TA!

I agree Chef's Table on Serenade is wonderful and Bento the greatest, we were looking forward to seeing him again on the Serenade in August, thankfully we are on Harmony this summer as well, any idea when he will be moving ?

I haven't heard when Bento is going to Harmony. I guess we'll hear very soon if he is already there.

Thank you! Based on your responses we will be participating in the Chef's Table and I'm looking forward to it!

Book it for night 1 if you're able to. Otherwise book as early as possible. Part of the fun is making friends with the other people there and then running into them around the ship for the rest of the cruise.

We are considering doing the chef's table with a friend, but my wife is not a big wine drinker. Do you think it would be worth it for her?

Yes. I'm not a big wine drinker either. I usually gravitate toward craft beer and oddball cocktails.

I drank most of the wine from the first Chef's Table I did a couple years ago. I drank *all* of it this last time. And since I'm never really sure if I like a wine because I'm a wine moron and don't know any better, or because the wine is actually good, I checked with my fiancee who is a lot more refined than I am, and she confirms that they are excellent.

Edited by Eslader