Disembarkation when have overnight

ChiSloop

For our cruise in March 2017, we are scheduled to arrive in Singapore at 7:00am on Saturday and overnight. Will we be able to disembark at 3:00am Sunday to make a 6:00am flight to the U.S. or should we try to book a later flight? We really need to get home on Sunday. Thanks.

In Singapore disemmbarking at 3 am for a 6 am flight is more than fine - if they allow it. You should check with Celebrity and again once on board. You'll have to carry your own luggage off and if you pre-book a car service you'll be at Changi airport at 3:30 am... the ride shouldn't take more than 20 minutes.

Edited by florisdekort

For our cruise in March 2017, we are scheduled to arrive in Singapore at 7:00am on Saturday and overnight. Will we be able to disembark at 3:00am Sunday to make a 6:00am flight to the U.S. or should we try to book a later flight? We really need to get home on Sunday. Thanks.

We are doing something similar at Christmas. X said it would be okay as it's our final destination, just to make Guest Services aware of our flight arrangements when we board. We plan to disembark the evening before and will obviously have to carry off our own luggage. Additionally, we have pre-booked a car service ;).

We are doing something similar at Christmas. X said it would be okay as it's our final destination, just to make Guest Services aware of our flight arrangements when we board. We plan to disembark the evening before and will obviously have to carry off our own luggage. Additionally, we have pre-booked a car service ;).

Thanks Villauk! I called X this morning and they said exactly as you stated. Have a nice holiday.

Edited by ChiSloop

Celebrity Cruises recommends the earliest SIN flight departure to be 12:00pm on the day of disembarkation.

Partial Cruises/Down-line Embarkation:

All requests for down-line embarkation or early disembarkation must be submitted in writing for consideration at least one week prior to voyage commencement date.

Send all requests to emergencyteam@celebritycruises.com.

Information Needed to Process Request: All guests must have a confirmed booking in order for the Emergency Travel Team to process a down-line request.

Guest's First and Last Name(s)

Ship and Sail Date

Booking Number

Stateroom Number

Location (port) to Embark / Disembark

Date to Embark / Disembark

Return e-mail or fax number

Celebrity Cruises recommends the earliest SIN flight departure to be 12:00pm on the day of disembarkation.

All requests for down-line embarkation or early disembarkation must be submitted in writing for consideration at least one week prior to voyage commencement date.

Information Needed to Process Request: All guests must have a confirmed booking in order for the Emergency Travel Team to process a down-line request.

Ship and Sail Date

Booking Number

Stateroom Number

Are you stating that the information we have been given by your representatives is incorrect? Our US TA has spoken twice now to a member of your team and on both occasions was informed that we do not need to do anything until we board as our final port of call (Singapore) is an overnight last destination and so we only need to inform Guest Services of our flight times and early disembarkation (obviously after the ship has been cleared). This is not an early disembarkation from a port en-route, nor is it for the OP's sailing ;).

Strange that today, the OP has also been given exactly the same information as we received, from a totally separate telephone call :confused:.

Are you stating that the information we have been given by your representatives is incorrect? Our US TA has spoken twice now to a member of your team and on both occasions was informed that we do not need to do anything until we board as our final port of call (Singapore) is an overnight last destination and so we only need to inform Guest Services of our flight times and early disembarkation (obviously after the ship has been cleared). This is not an early disembarkation from a port en-route, nor is it for the OP's sailing ;).

Strange that today, the OP has also been given exactly the same information as we received, from a totally separate telephone call :confused:.

Villauk, you are 100% correct. I contacted the concierge desk and they told me the same thing you were told without hesitation. Since the ship will be cleared Saturday morning, it makes no sense that someone couldn't just disembark if they desire.

Edited by ChiSloop

Ship and Sail Date

Booking Number

Stateroom Number

Dear Celebrity Official.

The policy that you have copied in is only for when they want to Embark/disembark in a different port other then first or last port.

To everyone else.

If you have an overnight as a last stop you do not need a special permission to leave the day before or even in the middle of the night.

What you have to do is to speak with the guest service desk at least 24 hours prior to intended disembarkation so the staff can prepare things like final bill and on request possibly transfer/taxi.

Extra. If your embarkation port is an overnight at the start of your cruise and you want to embark the second day then while not required it is appreciated by the staff if you have mentioned this to your cruise representative so a remark can be made in the booking.

We are also planning on doing this in Buenos Aires. Celebrity told our TA to let them know before we get to the ship, even though our cruise is a 14 night. The confusion lies as to when we can disembark the first day. Can we leave whenever we would like? A few in our group have 1am flights (on the second morning), so say leaving the ship at 8-9pm the night before. Or will we need to leave on a certain schedule set by the port, say 3-5pm so there are customs agents working? No one seems to have an answer to that.

Edited by sr4mjc

We are also planning on doing this in Buenos Aires. Celebrity told our TA to let them know before we get to the ship, even though our cruise is a 14 night. The confusion lies as to when we can disembark the first day. Can we leave whenever we would like? A few in our group have 1am flights (on the second morning), so say leaving the ship at 8-9pm the night before. Or will we need to leave on a certain schedule set by the port, say 3-5pm so there are customs agents working? No one seems to have an answer to that.

I do! I Do!

But my answer is 'Depends'.

As a general rule of thumb. In north/south America guests can start disembarking the ship 1 hour after the ship arrives in port.

In Europe and Asia where the government officials aren't as ^%!@$#@ as the American ones guests can expect to start checking out 30min after arriving at the port.

I would still add another 15-30min to the 30/60min incase there is a queue with MANY people wanting to check out and you were late to stand in the queue due to nom nom breakfast ;)

Edited by MadOnion

Hi

We have done this twice the last time in Singapore Nov 14.We advised guest services on the second day of the cruise and had to fill in a curtailment of cruise form with the time we wanted to leave. This was around 5pm for a 9pm flight.

There was not a problem only thing is you have to self disembark all your luggage.

Hope this helps

Thanks for all the replies confirming that what we have been told by X customer service agents is what should happen.

It appears that the only conflicting information we have received is from the Official online Celebrity representative :confused:.

• 4 months later...

Just read the above thread. We are planning to do exactly the same thing as villauk on the same cruise, by sheer coincidence.

The only possible drawback is to make sure there are customs and immigration on duty to clear your baggage, which I guess there will be as the crew will be on and off all night partying.

The customs are very strict there. We disembarked there once and they X-rayed everyone's cases, and all booze was confiscated unless you paid silly money to cover the import duty.

We had two bottles of wine left over from our wine package!!!!!! So I took that ashore as I had checked the duty-free allowance was one bottle per person.

It was confiscated because the ship had at some point stopped in Malaysia and there is no duty-free allowance from there.......the fact it was American wine purchased on a Malta-flagged vessel did not appear to matter!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What is the difference to local customs agents between getting off the ship to tour and getting off the ship to leave?

It's whether they have staff on duty ready to check passengers going ashore with no luggage whatsoever, or whether there are enough customs on duty to scan every suitcase and carry-on (off, in this case[emoji6]) bag by X-ray.

And then are there enough other officers available to rummage through any suspicious bags, as in my experience they are wont to do? They are fastidious, verging on the fanatical!

In Singapore I think they still have the death penalty for drug smuggling, and the birch or cane (corporal punishment) for misdemeanours, loutishness and vandalism and they are very strict about it.

I think chewing gum can now be imported, but you are not allowed to chew it!

What's not to like?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Bollinge