We Fly Out Tomorrow, Then board the Star in Copenhagen

kpms

Well the time is finally here!

After 487 days of planning, dreaming and brain storming our trip is finally here!

We will board British Airways from Vancouver to London tomorrow at 8:30PM landing at 2:30 PM London Time on the 6th. We will spend the night (Because BA did a slight flight change) and we had an amazing connection to an illegal connection. Then another flight to Copenhagen.

This is where we will meet our friends from New York who we met on our Honeymoon cruise aboard the Breakaway 3 years ago! This will be our 2nd planned vacation together.

The plan is to do the ports mostly by foot, except for Russia and Germany were we have tours organized.

After our Cruise we go back to London for 4 more days then back home to Vancouver Canada.

We will be aboard the Star in a SG Suite (Which their are only 4 of) and our friends are in Penthouses Forward and AFT - Will definitely get to see the different views.

If anyone has questions or things they want me to look out for aboard the Star please let me know!

After 487 days of planning, dreaming and brain storming our trip is finally here!

We will board British Airways from Vancouver to London tomorrow at 8:30PM landing at 2:30 PM London Time on the 6th. We will spend the night (Because BA did a slight flight change) and we had an amazing connection to an illegal connection. Then another flight to Copenhagen.

This is where we will meet our friends from New York who we met on our Honeymoon cruise aboard the Breakaway 3 years ago! This will be our 2nd planned vacation together.

The plan is to do the ports mostly by foot, except for Russia and Germany were we have tours organized.

After our Cruise we go back to London for 4 more days then back home to Vancouver Canada.

We will be aboard the Star in a SG Suite (Which their are only 4 of) and our friends are in Penthouses Forward and AFT - Will definitely get to see the different views.

If anyone has questions or things they want me to look out for aboard the Star please let me know!

I have a question....

Do you know who the concierge will be on your cruise ? Last year we were on the Star for B2B cruises.. British Isles followed by a transatlantic, in a SJ suite. Roel was the concierge and was beyond wonderful and helpful. He was unsure if his new contract would have him on the Star doing the Baltic Capitals followed by the Star making its way to Australia. He was very much hoping he would again be working on the Star. If by chance you know who the concierge will be ...or if anyone else knows, could you please let us know if this all worked out for him.

If Roel is the concierge...I'm sure you are going to find him very friendly and most accommodating and willing to go the extra mile for you.

Enjoy your time on your cruise and the time spent with your friends, it will be over before you know it:)

Thank you,

Joan and Dale

The anticipation is such a good feeling! Sounds like a wonderful trip. London is my favorite cities for touring. I like to spend hours in the Imperial War Museum (particularly Churchill War Rooms). I highly recommend if you haven't been.

I look forward to reading about Copenhagen. It's one of 2 ports I am considering sailing from on a Baltic cruise.

I hope you have smooth waters and sunny skies. :-)

Have a great time. We are doing the same cruise on June 25 and cannot wait. Like you, we have waited over 400 days (booked December 2014) and are really looking forward to this cruise. Lot's of planning, but I am sure that you are going to have a great time.

Please come back and let us about your cruise

• 2 weeks later...

Just about to leave London back to Vancouver. The cruise was amazing. We missed Stockholm due to weather but it was still an amazing trip. Russia was beautiful and more amazing than I thought it would be. The crew aboard the ship were full of laughs and very enjoyable. The ship could use a little freshening up in some areas. The couch in our room sank to the floor when you sat on it but nothing to ruin our trip about. When home I'll do up a little review

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi

Just returned from Baltic cruise and we were in a suite...fabulous trip and beyond fabulous butler, Cristopher! The concierge is not Roel and we found that that service was not good for a number of reasons for us...others may have had a better experience!

We were I the first 50 people in line for a cab upon disembarkation and it took an hour and 20 mins for our turn to get a cab! There were just no cabs and no contingency plan! We couldn't take NCL bus because our flight was at 11:50.

We did find out that you can book a cab before onboard the day before...info that would have been helpful! The port guys said this has been an ongoing problem and the thought they had it solved for this cruise season.

We missed Sweden because of fog, but it was still a great trip!

Hi

Just returned from Baltic cruise and we were in a suite. We were the first 50 people in line for a cab upon disembarkation and it took an hour and 20 mins for our turn to get a cab!

Shoot, sorry to hear the taxi line is still an issue. We were on the first Baltic cruise last year. We were also in a suite. Roel was our butler. Our concierge was good, but overwhelmed with all the people wanting taxis at the same time at disembarkation. We got anxious as our flight was at 12:30 so we went to the taxi line on our own and ended up waiting 50 minutes. The lines were long at the airport, but we did make our flight. We asked about reserving a taxi ahead of time and were told it wasn't possible, but a private car/van service was available - just pricey.

We will be aboard the Star in a SG Suite (Which their are only 4 of)

We will either be your neighbors or your across the ship twins. Never stayed in an SG before, not sure if the balcony is going to make up for missing the murphy bed, but we are going to give it a try.

We are excited too. We are leaving JFK this evening and arriving in Copenhagen tomorrow afternoon. See you on board!

There is a pretty active roll call for this cruise, and almost 80 (!) people have indicated an interest in attending a meet and greet. Check out the roll call for details if you are interested.

There is a pretty active roll call for this cruise, and almost 80 (!) people have indicated an interest in attending a meet and greet. Check out the roll call for details if you are interested.

We had some great folks on our roll call and enjoyed meeting up with them on tours and seeing them around the ship.

More on disembarkation.... There really wasn't a lot of joy anywhere wrt disembarkation. DH and I could see the long line for taxis through the MDR window as we ate breakfast. They started calling luggage tag colors for disembarkation and were about 45 minutes ahead of schedule until 8:30-ish when everything came to a screeching stop for a little over an hour. It seemed that rush-hour traffic was especially heavy in Copenhagen (due to the previous day's having been a holiday) and there had been an accident that was bottling things up and preventing the big buses from getting through. Also, there were 2 other cruise ships in port - the Zuiderdam and the Poesia (I think) - competing for bus resources.

There was a bus stop about 50 meters from our cruise terminal (we arrived at Terminal 1) where we could see people lined up with their luggage. I think I read somewhere (someone will want to confirm this) that the bus goes to Osterport station.

We took the cruise ship transfer to the City Center for $15pp. We were not in any hurry so it worked out. We dropped our bags at our hotel and headed out to Roskilde to see the Viking Museum. We're in Oslo today and headed home tomorrow. All in all, a great trip.

Edited by polySeraph

What time did the ship transfer drop you at the city center? And where exactly did it leave you (we are staying near Tivoli). I'm willing to pay extra to avoid a long line and hassle. While we don't have a flight to catch I was hoping to drop our luggage early and catch a train heading to the north coast of Zeeland that day. The itinerary is so city-oriented I want to get out some place quieter!

We are on the Star docked in Bergen today and it's been raining all day long. Norway is beautiful - many waterfalls to see. We are doing the b2b with the Baltics next week. Concierge is Karin and Butler is Ravi. Getting on the ship was a breeze-no lines.

we used a limo service last year called Limos4 which has bases in lots of countries including USA

It was a 6 seater minivan and we shared with 2 other couples from our roll call who were heading to the airport about the same time

We were met by the chauffer after baggage reclaim at Port and us and our luggage were whisked off to the airport in comfort and no waiting round for taxis

cost was 1280DKK approx. £130 split between 6 of us

I would certainly pre book them again

What time did the ship transfer drop you at the city center? And where exactly did it leave you (we are staying near Tivoli). I'm willing to pay extra to avoid a long line and hassle. While we don't have a flight to catch I was hoping to drop our luggage early and catch a train heading to the north coast of Zeeland that day. The itinerary is so city-oriented I want to get out some place quieter!

In actuality, we were dropped off sometime after 10 am. We were supposed to be called to disembark at 9:30, but with the delays, it was sometime after that. The ride itself was 15-20 minutes and we were dropped off near the Tivoli main gates and the central train station.

We were able to drop our bags at our hotel and head out to Roskilde for the day to see the cathedral and the Viking Ship museum. We felt that we had plenty of time to see everything and be back in Copenhagen for our evening meal.

We thought it was a pretty decent value. When we had embarked 9 days earlier, we had followed our hotel concierge's advice to take the train to Osterport and take a taxi there to go to the ship. The taxi from Osterport to the ship was around $22 - so $30 for both of us to go from the ship to central Copenhagen wasn't terribly bad.

Edited by polySeraph

We did the baltics two years ago, and th fjords last year - both trips on the Star. On both cruises we utilized limos4, and while they did screw up - forgot a child seat which we had pre boked specifically, they were waiting with a sign and on time. We were out and at the airport in 30 minutes.

Karin is an excellent concierge - we had her for our two week south America cruise in January. She went beyond for us on a couple occasions - even sourcing some duct tape in about 3 minutes as we were rushing to the tender on the Falklands, as we realized my son's boots had a leak..