Miami Breakfast

Casey30043

Einsteins? You will find fresher bagels at the Publix bakery. And homemade cream cheese at the deli.

I see from your other post you are staying at the Holiday Inn across from the port but are averse to eating at their restaurant. If you want simply a counter service breakfast within walking distance there are multiple Starbucks and Subway locations a few blocks in any direction from the hotel. Also several restaurants in Bayside Marketplace across the street listed as opening at 8 AM on Sundays but I found no links to any breakfast menus.

If you are able to move your car (or hop on the Metromover) perhaps one of the board's Brickell residents will chime in on what they recommend south of the river.

But I just thought of one about a mile north of your hotel: Daily Creative Food Company. Open 7 AM, a bit pricey for counter service (but so is Einstein's in my book) but was highly recommended by friends who used to work near there. (And I can vouch for seeing it always crowded when I went to my favorite but sadly now closed downtown lunch spot across the street).

Einsteins? You will find fresher bagels at the Publix bakery. And homemade cream cheese at the deli.

I see from your other post you are staying at the Holiday Inn across from the port but are averse to eating at their restaurant. If you want simply a counter service breakfast within walking distance there are multiple Starbucks and Subway locations a few blocks in any direction from the hotel. Also several restaurants in Bayside Marketplace across the street listed as opening at 8 AM on Sundays but I found no links to any breakfast menus.

If you are able to move your car (or hop on the Metromover) perhaps one of the board's Brickell residents will chime in on what they recommend south of the river.

But I just thought of one about a mile north of your hotel: Daily Creative Food Company. Open 7 AM, a bit pricey for counter service (but so is Einstein's in my book) but was highly recommended by friends who used to work near there. (And I can vouch for seeing it always crowded when I went to my favorite but sadly now closed downtown lunch spot across the street).

Oh I know, but I go where makes the wife and kid happy. Last thing I want to deal with is them grumpy in the morning.

I'd go to the Federal

but this assumes a car or willing to pay for taxi / UBER

and does not consider "and kid"

you get better answers when you provide more details in the ????

Edited by Capt_BJ

I'd go to the Federal

but this assumes a car or willing to pay for taxi / UBER

and does not consider "and kid"

you get better answers when you provide more details in the ????

The Federal closed yesterday after dinner but will re open. Here is the article that was in the Miami New times recently.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/restaurants/the-federal-to-close-for-revamp-will-reopen-as-the-fed-8434707

Looking for a place for breakfast in Miami near the port. Has to be open on a Sunday as well. We usually find an Einsteins but I have yet to find one near port.

If you are staying at the Holiday Inn, go across the street to Bayside and find the Latin American Café. It is open for an American breakfast at 8 AM on Sundays.

The Federal closed yesterday after dinner but will re open. Here is the article that was in the Miami New times recently.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/restaurants/the-federal-to-close-for-revamp-will-reopen-as-the-fed-8434707

web site looks like it would accept ressie request for this weekend . . . .

'new times' was never the most accurate piece of journalism IME :rolleyes:

web site looks like it would accept ressie request for this weekend . . . .

'new times' was never the most accurate piece of journalism IME :rolleyes:

It's closed as of now!

Here is their own Facebook page showing that they are closing and revamping. They are shooting to reopen on May 17th already.

https://www.facebook.com/TheFederalMia/