New to RCI - looking to book Independence of the Seas

Hi, new to Royal Caribbean so am looking for all of the best tips please!!

Due to the fantastic offer at the moment, thinking of booking one week, ex-Southampton next May. Can we upgrade from the free select package to premium? If so, can I do it at booking or on embarkation?

There will be two adults plus a 17 and 12 year olds. The main reason want to go is because of the truly tricky children, hubby and I would be happy at sea in a hammock!! As it's probably going to be our main holiday next year, would like to book a balcony. Hoping that there are pullman cabins as my two will not share a sofa bed!

We have cruised before so know the general bits but what should we know or do when cruising RCI?

Thanks in advance!

Upgrade the package on board. The kids will have a great time.

Read some of the reviews on Indy or her sister ships to get more details on the ship. Join the roll call for your sailing to "meet" others before you go.

In looking at the deck plans, I see plenty of ocean view cabins on decks 2 and 3 with two pullmans, but my quick survey did not turn up any balcony cabins with this combo. Your travel agent can best assist you. (When you look at the deck plans on the website, look for a slightly elongated + symbol to indicate two pullmans.) There is a combo on Deck 9 that used to be talked about here on these boards that can be found at the aft end of each hall and that is a balcony cabin that adjoins an inside cabin. Beds for all four of you and two bathrooms.

Hi, new to Royal Caribbean so am looking for all of the best tips please!!

Due to the fantastic offer at the moment, thinking of booking one week, ex-Southampton next May. Can we upgrade from the free select package to premium? If so, can I do it at booking or on embarkation?

There will be two adults plus a 17 and 12 year olds. The main reason want to go is because of the truly tricky children, hubby and I would be happy at sea in a hammock!! As it's probably going to be our main holiday next year, would like to book a balcony. Hoping that there are pullman cabins as my two will not share a sofa bed!

We have cruised before so know the general bits but what should we know or do when cruising RCI?

Thanks in advance!

Look at the cost of booking your kids either a connecting balcony room or an inside across the hall. It most likely won't be that much more expensive and sometimes we have found it slightly cheaper. Not only will everyone have a real bed and more space but you will get a second bathroom.

Thought you might enjoy this picture.

image_zpsimyh1twe.jpeg