Allure Royal Suite Class - About to have a first hand experience

God I love CC..... I had no idea about any of this. I've looked on the website many times too and nothing like this I've ever seen. We're on the 08/28 sailing and it can't come soon enough!

I believe this is for only for the cabins with the Genies.

Nice try... It was your comments on SLS #1720 that lead us to book this room.... Would you happen to have any pics of the room? Or were you too busy at the flowrider to take any?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I have them. They are from Oasis and Allure. We will be in 1724 on Harmony in March and I will be taking more photos then. If I have a chance I will post photos tonight or tomorrow.

We're in 8730, so there is a good chance you'll have our room or her twin on the other side of the ship.

Will share thoughts and tips as we encounter them. The loop program to communicate with the genie is great. Our genie, Daniel, is recommending we arrive at 1230. He books anything we need. He changed us to a table right next to a window with a beautiful view. Will figure out details for dinner and shows aboard.

We will be in that same suite on June 12th! Who is the Genie for that suite?

We will be in that same suite on June 12th! Who is the Genie for that suite?

Uhhhh, If I had read the rest of your post I would have seen that Daniel ws the Genie. One other question: Did you pre book your Signature Diniing or let them do it when you started your cruise? Is Chefs table included?

Nice try... It was your comments on SLS #1720 that lead us to book this room.... Would you happen to have any pics of the room? Or were you too busy at the flowrider to take any?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Balcony

IMG_2919_zps4fdf948d.jpg

The balcony is to the right in this view. There is a dining table behind me. At the far end of the photo to the left is the cabin door. It is out of sight. The stairs go to the loft.

IMG_2912_zpse57f83c6.jpg

This photo shows the opposite direction of the last photo. Behind the photo on the wall to the right is the down stairs washroom. It is the same layout as the upstairs washroom, two shower heads plus a rain head with sink and toilet. The couch turns into a pullout. Also on the right hand wall is an adjoining door to the other SLS.

IMG_2910_zps8268899c.jpg

This is the best bathroom photo I could find.

IMG_2931_zps1007a751.jpg

Bed in the loft area. There is a TV behind me when the photo was taken. The upstairs washroom is to the right of the bed.

IMG_2928_zpsba164176.jpg

This is the view from the bed area looking out on the balcony and down to deck 15. You might also notice the perfect view of the stand up flowrider.

IMG_2930_zps52aee987.jpg

When we sail on Harmony in November I will update my CLS photo data base and will do the same in March when we are in SLS 1724. I believe the layouts will be very similar but from what Lloyds thread about Harmony has shown the colors will be darker. I thought I saw hardwood floors in the CLS. I have not seen any SLS photos at all.

I hope these photos help. If you are thinking about turning it back into the cabin pool give me the heads up.

Balcony

IMG_2919_zps4fdf948d.jpg

The balcony is to the right in this view. There is a dining table behind me. At the far end of the photo to the left is the cabin door. It is out of sight. The stairs go to the loft.

IMG_2912_zpse57f83c6.jpg

This photo shows the opposite direction of the last photo. Behind the photo on the wall to the right is the down stairs washroom. It is the same layout as the upstairs washroom, two shower heads plus a rain head with sink and toilet. The couch turns into a pullout. Also on the right hand wall is an adjoining door to the other SLS.

IMG_2910_zps8268899c.jpg

This is the best bathroom photo I could find.

IMG_2931_zps1007a751.jpg

Bed in the loft area. There is a TV behind me when the photo was taken. The upstairs washroom is to the right of the bed.

IMG_2928_zpsba164176.jpg

This is the view from the bed area looking out on the balcony and down to deck 15. You might also notice the perfect view of the stand up flowrider.

IMG_2930_zps52aee987.jpg

When we sail on Harmony in November I will update my CLS photo data base and will do the same in March when we are in SLS 1724. I believe the layouts will be very similar but from what Lloyds thread about Harmony has shown the colors will be darker. I thought I saw hardwood floors in the CLS. I have not seen any SLS photos at all.

I hope these photos help. If you are thinking about turning it back into the cabin pool give me the heads up.

Thanks so much. Not many pictures of the SLS, only crown lofts.

We were initially in an CLS but figured what the hell- lets go all out and enjoy the Star class perks.

Given that we are booking so far in advance ( Aug 26/17) we had our choice of both of the SLS but based on your previous posts selected this one. We like how the balcony gives you the best of both worlds- looking aft and to the port side.

The only way it'll be going back into the pool is if an A1 or A2 open up for a comparable price- but if it does happen you'll be the first to know.

Thank you sir.

Thanks so much. Not many pictures of the SLS, only crown lofts.

We were initially in an CLS but figured what the hell- lets go all out and enjoy the Star class perks.

Given that we are booking so far in advance ( Aug 26/17) we had our choice of both of the SLS but based on your previous posts selected this one. We like how the balcony gives you the best of both worlds- looking aft and to the port side.

The only way it'll be going back into the pool is if an A1 or A2 open up for a comparable price- but if it does happen you'll be the first to know.

Thank you sir.

Glad to help. For our August cruise on Allure this year we passed on an A1 ATS over the CLS for the deck 15 view. There is currently an GLS available but no flowrider view so it is out. On our B2B in March we toured the OLS and GLS and they are very nice but I guess when you find what you like it is hard to change.

Edit, I keep hoping that 1720 opens up prior to sailing but it doesn't look like it.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Uhhhh, If I had read the rest of your post I would have seen that Daniel ws the Genie. One other question: Did you pre book your Signature Diniing or let them do it when you started your cruise? Is Chefs table included?

We did not pre-book anything. Daniel is taking care of it all.

Chefs Table is included. The premium selections in the MDR are also included. A few folks in our group had the surf and turf tonight.

How far in advance of the cruise did the Genie contact you (via e-mail)?

Are there one Genie per Star Class Suite, or do they have responsibility for more than one Suite?

Thanks in advance.

Since the Star Class Suites have "normal" gratuities included in the fare/suite benefits, I would be interested in what your thoughts are on "tipping/leaving a gratuity" for the Genie. My understanding is that the Genie is not part of the gratuity system. Anything given to the Genie will be based on their performance/what they do for you. Is $10 a day per person in the Suite reasonable?

Appreciate any thoughts.

I saw your comment that you did not pre-book your dining, but had the Genie take care of it once onboard. Traditionally, I have done that well in advance to ensure I got the dates/times I wanted for specialty dining. Traveling with a family group of 8, will the Genie be able to arrange all the specialty dining "at the last minute". Of course, I would give the Genie the flexibility of dates/times to fit us in.

Interested in your experiences since I have never left dining reservations to the last minute.

Thanks.

Traditionally, I have booked excursions well in advance of the cruise. Is the Genie able to book reservations once onboard? My experience is that some excursions are sold out before the cruise even begins. Any comments/recommendations the Genie has would be appreciated.

Thanks.

FYI, I read in a different thread that if you book online yourself you may be charged for the specialty restaurants which should be free in Star class. The genie told them to cancel but when the genie tried to book the same date and time it was not available. Be careful before cancelling but also be aware of possible charges that shouldn't hit your bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

ack! Just booked a Sky loft for 8.21 for me, hubby and 8 year old. I hope I made the right choice as it was a pretty penny!

We are not heavy drinkers, but I guess we will be on the boat lol.

A few questions:

Will they include non achohol drinks for my daughter (like virgin strawberry daiquiri or smoothie? Included or no?

I hear there is a cupcake decoriating class? Included or not?

Are cupcakes included? Donuts? at the shop?

Bumper cars? I hear they have them. Included or not?

I am more excited about my daughter having this experience, will the genie make her trip special?

Chef table and 150 Park: Kids can eat there? Will she have a special menu? Like just butter noodles ? :)

THANKS!!

ack! Just booked a Sky loft for 8.21 for me, hubby and 8 year old. I hope I made the right choice as it was a pretty penny!

A few questions:

Will they include non achohol drinks for my daughter (like virgin strawberry daiquiri or smoothie? Included or no?

I am more excited about my daughter having this experience, will the genie make her trip special?

Chef table and 150 Park: Kids can eat there? Will she have a special menu? Like just butter noodles ? :)

THANKS!!

We're taking our kids in the star class next year! I'm so excited I know the genie will make an already great trip even more amazing.

I'm interested to hear the answers to your questions as well. Regarding Chef's table, not sure you know that it has very limited number of seats. Even if they are "allowed" I wouldn't want my kids to take the spot of someone that would enjoy all of the food.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Regarding Chef's table and 150:

My children and I are seasoned travelers. They will be 13 and 12 on our cruise for spring break 2017. I thought about taking them to these restaurants but honestly they will be rather bored and would rather be exploring the ship. I would recommend Chops, Jamie's, Izumi, something else that will be relatively faster. You don't want your child getting bored and ruining your dinner.

And donuts are free for everyone! No bumper cars on Oasis class. Cupcakes may be free but I bet the decorating class will not. There is a fee for the class. Anything like that I bet they won't waive the fee. They will still charge for the bingo cards..........

A few questions:

THANKS!!

Virgin drinks... No problem! Included. Basically minors have everything except booze according to our genie, Daniel.

Cupcakes and doughnuts were included.

Chefs Table and 150 were included. Not sure about kids

Hi! Can you see if a genie would be willing to deliver Pokemon cards to stuffed animal I supplied them at the beginning of the cruise? As a night surprise for my daughter?

I posed this hypothetical to him and he said no problem at all. They're very happy to help.

He delivered a Happy Mothers Day spread of desserts to the cabin for our grandmother traveling with us.