Allure Royal Suite Class - About to have a first hand experience

It is hard to tell in the photo, but is that a glass roof above you in the cabana or just white beams? I would think if it is glass it might be hot and prevent betting tan? :)

Does the genie reserve these for you? And can you order food there? :)

The cabanas don't have glass above so it has good airflow. Not sure yet if Genie can reserve though

I'm also interested on the limits in the specialty restaurants. Are you allowed upgrades in the restaurants, like lobster or dry aged steak.

If anyone has any info, please share. Thanks!!

I'm also interested on the limits in the specialty restaurants. Are you allowed upgrades in the restaurants, like lobster or dry aged steak.

If anyone has any info, please share. Thanks!!

No limits. In the MDR, multiple folks had premium selections including the surf and turf. In Chops, they had premium steak.

Being a CC member, I thought I knew everything in terms of the star class benefits as I had read them all on Royal's site and seen other's feedback here. So I ignored reading the sheet of paper on the coffee table in the living room area that talked about the benefits at the start of the cruise. So here we are at the end of day 3... I was sitting around doing nothing and just happened to pick it up when I noticed a few things I had not seen previously.

Star class suites have access to complimentary behind the scene tours including bridge, galley, and engine rooms. (Make reservations through genie.)

In-suite cocktail service -- knew this existed already but some additional details... 3-5pm only and one hand crafted cocktail per person. -- I'll have to ask about this as we've only had bottles of wine in the room and the drinks from the minibar. Don't know who comes to make it etc.

If hosting a party in suite, genie can provide catering menu and pricing for service if you want it staffed.

Star members have access to private beaches at Coco Kay and Labadie but it does NOT include cabanas. Can be booked if desired through genie but is billable at normal rates.

Some early literature said minors got free soda package. Minors get Replentish package so have full access to fresh squeezed juices, virgin drinks, etc.

I took a picture of the benefit guide. I apologize for the poor quality but the lights are dimmed as others are sleeping.

Some of the info above was from the small print so I hope folks can read it all okay.

image_3.jpeg

Edited by RadioRob

Strictly Star Class.

Sea and Sky is the normal process,.

Star, Sea, and Sky all go in the same suite door. At that door they check your SetSail pass and split you into two lines, sea/sky and star. If you are sea/sky, you still leave your luggage outside with porter as normal. You go directly to security checkpoint. Star class folks bring bags to the suite entrance. They'll put them in cart and move them to be X-ray'ed. Once clear, they're taken directly to your cabin. The bags beat us to the room since the genie took us to Starbucks first.

Not that I'm complaining. Just find it interesting that Starbucks is allowed. Seeing how it is exempt from the standard drink packages.

Curiosity, when you make a purchase at Starbucks. What does the receipt show, if you even get one?

Not that I'm complaining. Just find it interesting that Starbucks is allowed. Seeing how it is exempt from the standard drink packages.

Curiosity, when you make a purchase at Starbucks. What does the receipt show, if you even get one?

I did not order Starbucks when we first boarded, so when I went back the next day I ordered and swiped my card. As soon as he saw my card though, he voided the transaction (where it asks how much you want to tip). Instead he asked for my cabin number and wrote it down on the tablet they use for manual orders (like the roving bartenders use). So no receipt at all.

Thanks, little things like that spark my curiosity. I know, random.

I do the same thing. Part of the reason I even looked at the paper even though I would have SWORN I knew it all already. Haha

At least you got a letter outlining the benefits.

I didn't get anything that would have outlined the Sky class benifits.

Looking at your letter it makes me wonder if our attendant didn't get the two classes mixed up when he made the comment about replenishing the water and later saying it was just the one bottle.

Added: Letter looks fine to me.

Edited by chandom

So I have to ask... Are you enjoying the star service? Knowing what you know now would you still book it? We just booked 1720 on 8/21 but still think.... Will we love it? Which I think you kinda have to for the price.

For the bridge deck tour do you think they would allow my daughter to stand or sit in the captains chair for a photo?

Have you found yourself eating in main dining room at all...? Hubby thinks we should take advantage of the fee restaurants as he thinks they might e better? We gave. Beef nailed RC so have no reference point.

Also, think star class gets any perks for seeing a character or two. Knowing where they might pop up, or even one knocking on the door one night? My daughter would freak out!

Any experience with the kids club? I gave a few general questions but can post this on the ani board too. 😀 have so much fun!!!

Since the Star Class Suites have "normal" gratuities included in the fare/suite benefits, I would be interested in what your thoughts are on "tipping/leaving a gratuity" for the Genie. My understanding is that the Genie is not part of the gratuity system. Anything given to the Genie will be based on their performance/what they do for you. Is $10 a day per person in the Suite reasonable?

Appreciate any thoughts.

I can't speak to the Royal Genie in particular (though will do so after we sail in the Two Bedroom ATS on Oasis on 2/19/17) but have sailed in the upper level suites on NCL Gem, which include butler service. Tipping thoughts for the butlers varied widely on the NCL boards (as they do on all boards), but we found the consensus to be about $100 per person in the suite for the week, which is what we did.

I don't know if the Genies will provide the same level of service (though from early reports, it certainly sounds like they will) but having a butler on the Gem was an eye-opening experience. As just one minor example, one night I stayed in the suite with my 84 year old Mom, because as it happened , we were picking up ESPN that night and they were carrying the Nets game (mom is a HUGE NY/NJ basketball fan). The butler came in to clear the dining table (we had had dinner in the suite that night), saw us watching the game, and returned a few minutes later with a big bowl of popcorn and sodas that he just thought we might want. And I'm not kidding about that being just one minor example of the pampering they provided. I am really hoping that RCCL gets this right, because they are our favorite cruise line, but we have been tempted to go back to the NCL because they really do the "suite life" so incredibly well.

Being a CC member, I thought I knew everything in terms of the star class benefits as I had read them all on Royal's site and seen other's feedback here. So I ignored reading the sheet of paper on the coffee table in the living room area that talked about the benefits at the start of the cruise. So here we are at the end of day 3... I was sitting around doing nothing and just happened to pick it up when I noticed a few things I had not seen previously.

Star class suites have access to complimentary behind the scene tours including bridge, galley, and engine rooms. (Make reservations through genie.)

In-suite cocktail service -- knew this existed already but some additional details... 3-5pm only and one hand crafted cocktail per person. -- I'll have to ask about this as we've only had bottles of wine in the room and the drinks from the minibar. Don't know who comes to make it etc.

If hosting a party in suite, genie can provide catering menu and pricing for service if you want it staffed.

Star members have access to private beaches at Coco Kay and Labadie but it does NOT include cabanas. Can be booked if desired through genie but is billable at normal rates.

Some early literature said minors got free soda package. Minors get Replentish package so have full access to fresh squeezed juices, virgin drinks, etc.

I took a picture of the benefit guide. I apologize for the poor quality but the lights are dimmed as others are sleeping.

Some of the info above was from the small print so I hope folks can read it all okay.

image_3.jpeg

Disappointed to see that the Thermal Spa Suite is just a one day admission. The original literature said 7 days' admission. I have the original literature that indicates 7 day access.

Disappointed to see that the Thermal Spa Suite is just a one day admission. The original literature said 7 days' admission. I have the original literature that indicates 7 day access.

Not sure when you are sailing but if it is a major concern to you I would present your info to your Genie when you board. If you booked your cruise before they officially changed the perks, my guess is they will do everything they can to honor the original perks. Just my thoughts, I will probably have a discussion with ours when I sail in June.

It's a mixed blessing. We're absolutely using it, but at the same time we are missing lots of the group activities.

Given its location in the back of the ship and its size, it's almost like we're on our own little mini cruise and the rest of the ship is along for the ride.

If you've seen the ship and are ready to just relax, this is a phenomenal suite. Two of the folks in our suite actually slept out on the deck for the air and water sound. They slept on a lounger and just brought out a sheet, pillow, and blanket.

As this is my first time aboard, I'm finding I'm reminding myself there is more to see and do.

I know... Such first world problems! If that's the worst I have to deal with, I think I'll survive the next several days. Haha. :-)

thanks for the updates - love to hear more about the ATS and the star suite perks - have a great time- going in March 2017 myself on deck 10 and cant wait!

Thanks again for all the feedback you continue to share. Please let us know how the hand-crafted cocktail turns out once you try it. We will certainly be utilizing that perk in September when we are in your room.

I know you continue to be inundated with questions, but overall, how are you feeling about the located of your suite? Is it really loud wiht everything going on in the aqua theater?

Finally, any photos you can post of the living room area or other parts of the cabin would always be appreciated. So many of the photos I have seen on line were done before the refurb and I was hoping to see if any changes were made to this room to give it a more opulent feel like the other star class suites. Thanks again for all of your help!

UNDOCUMENTED PERK: At the end of day 3, our genie dropped off a complimentary laundry bag for anything we wanted cleaned. I saw pressing noted, but nothing about laundry so that was nice! It also appears we can have formal clothes pressed for 2nd night as well. Genie says to leave anything we want pressed the night before and he'll take care of it.

Below are photos of the laundry bag:

image_4.jpeg

image_5.jpeg

Thanks again for all the feedback you continue to share. Please let us know how the hand-crafted cocktail turns out once you try it. We will certainly be utilizing that perk in September when we are in your room.

I know you continue to be inundated with questions, but overall, how are you feeling about the located of your suite? Is it really loud wiht everything going on in the aqua theater?

Finally, any photos you can post of the living room area or other parts of the cabin would always be appreciated. So many of the photos I have seen on line were done before the refurb and I was hoping to see if any changes were made to this room to give it a more opulent feel like the other star class suites. Thanks again for all of your help!

We still have not done in suite cocktail service yet.

Regarding noise, if you're sitting in the living room area, you can hear the show or the movie played on the big screens. If you're in the bedrooms, you do not.

We did not find it distracting or bothersome at all. During the day, we watched the cast doing rehearsals and having fun joking around. Very entertaining balcony. The balcony is what makes this suite. If you don't care about a huge balcony you can literally fit 30-40 people on, don't book this suite. There are nicer suites more conveniently located. It's 120 steps from the door to the elevator. So if walking is an issue for you, keep that in mind too.

But everyone in my party loves the room and balcony. We've done breakfast outside on it 3 of 5 mornings so far.