Norwgian IConcierge

CTKaren

:confused:Hi..we are going on the Breakaway in less than a month. I came across this app on my smart phone. I downloaded it. I understand I can't access until we are onboard.

My question is: I know there are associated fee's with this. How does this work?

This app is perfect for me. We are four adults traveling and being able to text each other is ideal!

Thanks. I guess all my questions will be answered when I am on board. I have an IPhone and my son has Antroid. Will we be able to text each other with the different types of phone?

Do you have any idea what the 'nominal fee' is for the texting and call package?

Activation fee for the intra-ship calling and messaging within the app is $7.95 per device, no usage fees.

If you want to call to shore from the app, the "nominal fee" has been $0.79/min per recent reports.

:confused:Hi..we are going on the Breakaway in less than a month. I came across this app on my smart phone. I downloaded it. I understand I can't access until we are onboard.

My question is: I know there are associated fee's with this. How does this work?

This app is perfect for me. We are four adults traveling and being able to text each other is ideal!

The App will give you free access to daily program information, room account, ability to book shows/ dining/ shoreex.

$7.95/device allows you to use the ship's voip system to call and text other people on the ship.

Consult with your cell carrier for costs/packages for use on NCL cruise ships.

Edited by BirdTravels

The App will give you free access to daily program information, room account, ability to book shows/ dining/ shoreex.

$7.95/device allows you to use the ship's voip system to call and text other people on the ship.

Consult with your cell carrier for costs/packages for use on NCL cruise ships.

Does this mean that via the app then calls and texts to others using the app are still charged at your regular carrier charges?

Does this mean that via the app then calls and texts to others using the app are still charged at your regular carrier charges?

If you all use the app and pay the onetime 7.95 fee you'll be all set-no carrier charges as long as you're texting or calling one another.

We ised it on the Getaway three weeks ago and it works great other than we found we needed to close and reopen the app a few times a day as we lost wifi in certain ship areas (mostly elevators) once we realized we had to do that it worked well.

All services (texts, calls, messages) run through the ship's network. You can (and should) turn off cellular service (airplane mode).

• 2 weeks later...
if someone calls from shore can they leave a VM on the app? phone may not be with us at all times but definitely would like to know if someone called.

You aren't using your device's actual phone for the phone service. For instance, if I call someone on shore through the app, it doesn't appear as my phone number on their end. The same way, there is supposedly some way they can call us in the app, but I've never done that, and I am unclear what the number would be. I know it's some weird code made up on your room number or something.

i know a number is assigned on board the ship so ppl back home can call you but i thought maybe there was a VM kind of app where they saved the recorded calls. heck i wonder if you can forward the calls to you room phone where i'm sure there's VM :)

I was told on BA it is calling via ship Internet.

This part is true, iConcierge uses the internet connection to make outside calls, it is a VoIP app after all.

Not pay per minute. So charge is based on Internet charges. That was Ncl rep a week ago.

But this part is not true and the last sentence unfortunately explains why - NCL's CSRs are notorious for giving out bad info.

You don't need to purchase ship's internet package to use iConcierge - even to make outside calls. Calls from iConcierge app to any outside phone are priced per minute, albeit a lot lower rate than from a cabin phone.

Just to clarify, this app works on all cruises? We're cruising on the Epic in the Mediterranean and this would be a huge help to keep track of where the group is meeting. I wanted to make sure I wouldn't rack up a huge int'l fee by accident :o TIA!

It's not on all ships, but you're sailing on the Epic, so it will be available for you. :)

Edited by LrgPizza