opinions please

My husband and I are looking into taking a cruise next month. We are not sure about 7 or 5 day yet but we are looking for your opinion based only on the ship. Which would you choose for the 5 and 7 day sailings and why?

For the 5 day sailings we are looking at Triumph or Paradise.

For the 7 day sailings we are looking at Magic or Glory.

My husband and I are looking into taking a cruise next month. We are not sure about 7 or 5 day yet but we are looking for your opinion based only on the ship. Which would you choose for the 5 and 7 day sailings and why?

Triumph for the 5 day because she is newer and the Paradise is a Fantasy Class ship which is quite small and has less bells and whistles.

Glory for the 7 day because we sailed on the Dream which is the same class as the Magic and thought that it was way too crowded. We also prefer the stadium layout on the Lido deck which the Dream Class eliminated.

Edited by RWolver672

I would pick the 7 day for a first time cruise.

I have been on Glory, it was a nice ship. Personally I would pick Magic only because I have never been on there.

Some have dissed the Fantasy class ships, they are still in good shape... Nothing wrong with them.

I have not been on Triumph or Paradise for quite some time so I can't really comment on what they are like today.

Am I the only one that read that she isn't asking which (5 or 7 day) cruise to take. She is asking which of the two ships would you take IF you did a 5 day or a 7 day.

Choosing a cruise, based solely on the ship, is a bit like choosing a land-based vacation based solely on a particular hotel. Make a list of the on board amenities each ship has to offer, then decide which are most important and which are least important. We all like different ships for different reasons. Obviously, a 7 day cruise, at least for most, is better than a 5 day. But only if you like the ship you're on.

Am I the only one that read that she isn't asking which (5 or 7 day) cruise to take. She is asking which of the two ships would you take IF you did a 5 day or a 7 day.

I also don't see where it was mentioned that this was a first time cruiser. Several people mentioned that.

But you are correct. I'll stick with just the Magic though because I've never been on the Triumph and the Paradise was my least favorite fantasy class ship.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I also don't see where it was mentioned that this was a first time cruiser. Several people mentioned that.

But you are correct. I'll stick with just the Magic though because I've never been on the Triumph and the Paradise was my least favorite fantasy class ship.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I never said that she was a first time cruiser. She didn't want to know if she should take a 5 or 7 day cruise. She wanted to know if she took a 5 day cruise, which of the two ships she listed would we choose or if she took a 7 day cruise, which of the two ships listed would we choose. Not if she should take a 5 or 7 day cruise.

I never said that she was a first time cruiser. She didn't want to know if she should take a 5 or 7 day cruise. She wanted to know if she took a 5 day cruise, which of the two ships she listed would we choose or if she took a 7 day cruise, which of the two ships listed would we choose. Not if she should take a 5 or 7 day cruise.

I said "several people mentioned that." Not you. I was referring to a few of the earlier replies. Not yours. I also said you was correct regarding your reading of the question. So I'm not understanding your reply to me.

I'd do Magic or Glory. Yes, Magic is newer, larger, has more to offer, but is far more crowded. Glory is a bit smaller, has a GREAT crew, and food, and would be my personal choice. You won't go wrong with either of these two.

"SKY"

For a 5 day I would do Triumph, we are looking at taking it in June or July. I've sailed Fantasy class before, I liked the ships but Triumph will be new to me and it has Guys, mmm really looking forward to that LOL

For a 7 I haven't sailed either of those but now that I see Magic has a Guys BBQ well you know what I am going to pick for a 7, yeah gotta go with Magic. Yes a good place to eat is what I would go for, the rest will work itself out. :D

Edited by poobears

Magic, but it might spoil you. As a first time experience, lots of other Carnival ships wilt in comparision.

I've just recently sailed Magic twice, and it is my favorite Carnival ship.

Glory would be my 2nd choice.

I said "several people mentioned that." Not you. I was referring to a few of the earlier replies. Not yours. I also said you was correct regarding your reading of the question. So I'm not understanding your reply to me.

Forgive me for that posting. It was early in the morning and I misread what you had said. I see some people are still trying to tell her which cruise to go on instead of which two ships they like better of the four.

We're only doing B2B cruises (14-days) theses days so a 5 day would be automatically eliminated.

I have not been on Magic but love Conquest size ships so Glory would be my choice.

Thanks for the feedback all. I wasn't asking if five or seven day is better. We obviously want to go on a 7 day but my husband needs to see how many days off of work he can get. I am asking about the ships only because for the 7 day cruise the itineraries are almost the same.

Magic- port canaveral, Cozumel, Belize, Honduras, Costa Maya

Glory- Miami, Grand Cayman, Honduras, Belize, Cozumel

We have been to all places except for Costa Maya. This will be my 7th cruise. The last cruise being the Breeze last summer. That was a beautiful ship so I'm afraid anything will be disappointing.

Now knowing more information about the cruises would you still book Magic? On the breeze we were disappointed in main dining room food. Is this typical of all ships you've been with new menus?

If you liked the Breeze, you will probably like the Magic now that it is upgraded. I think Glory would seem like a step backwards.

Yes, my experience of late is that the food is the same reduced quality no matter what ship you are on. I still enjoy the food, it just isn't quite as good as it used to be.