Embarkation Restaurants on the Epic

Toby459

I will be travelling on the Epic for my first time. What is your favorite embarkation restaurant and why? On other NCL ships, I usually head to the main dining room which is quiet and usually pretty empty as most people are encouraged to go to the buffet or outside barbeque. Thanks for your suggestions and comments.

We usually head for the MDR. I'm curious how late they will be serving. Unless I can talk my wife into skipping church, we might not be on board until 3:00 or so. It's a long wait until my 9:00 Cirque dinner.

We usually head for the MDR. I'm curious how late they will be serving. Unless I can talk my wife into skipping church, we might not be on board until 3:00 or so. It's a long wait until my 9:00 Cirque dinner.

Only from noon until 1:30pm or 2pm.

We always go to o'Sheehans for lunch on embarkation day

When we boarded O'Sheehans seemed really busy, it seemed like it was the first food venue people reached. The Garden Cafe had lots of tables, was really full of sunshine and was serving great food

When we boarded O'Sheehans seemed really busy, it seemed like it was the first food venue people reached. The Garden Cafe had lots of tables, was really full of sunshine and was serving great food

It obviously depends when you board. It's always been very quiet for us.

Many people say that the buffet gets really busy, but that has never been too bad for us on those ships without o'Sheehans. We do board fairly early though.

O'Sheehan's opens at 11:30, while the MDR only opens at noon. So if you board early and are already hungry, you might have the be patient to get into the MDR.

I like the MDR because it makes for a longer meal, and by the time I'm done with my meal, it's generally time for the "cabins are now ready" announcement. Also, the MDR feels like it has more room to safely drop my luggage while I eat. And last argument : the Epic European itinerary only has one more opportunity to try out a MDR lunch, while there are be plenty more opportunities to try out O'Sheehan's.

But remember, that there are no wrong decisions, it's all Freestyle Goodness :)

I'm sure my wife will not be impressed with me asking this, but does O'Sheehans show live sport? In understand NCL show Sport24, so will hopefully show the Monaco F1 when we board on the 29th. Can get on with the holiday then!

And last argument : the Epic European itinerary only has one more opportunity to try out a MDR lunch, while there are be plenty more opportunities to try out O'Sheehan's.

But remember, that there are no wrong decisions, it's all Freestyle Goodness :)

Hmm, this is a good point I hadn't considered. Right up until reading this I was definitely going to O'Sheehans for my lunch, now I'm not so sure....

And last argument : the Epic European itinerary only has one more opportunity to try out a MDR lunch, while there are be plenty more opportunities to try out O'Sheehan's.

Are the MDR closed on portdays or do you just mean that you won't be on the ship for lunch on portdays?

We are thinking about an Epiccruise in Europe and plan to eat lunch on the ship every day but we will eat in the Haven-restaurant most of the days.

Are the MDR closed on portdays or do you just mean that you won't be on the ship for lunch on portdays?

We are thinking about an Epiccruise in Europe and plan to eat lunch on the ship every day but we will eat in the Haven-restaurant most of the days.

The MDR are all closed for lunch on port days. I found out the buffet can be surprisingly good and quiet on these days though.

Last year, the Epic also held a special mexican lunch buffet in Moderno before they stopped in Palma de Majorca in the afternoon. That was a port half-day, and it's not on the itinerary this year, so I doubt they'll have this kind of lunch again.

If you're getting on in Rome, the buffet will be less busy as the majority of the ship will be in Rome. If you're getting on in the more popular Barcelona embarkation point, I would recommend OSheehans.

In Barcelona we planned to be among the last of the ship after an amazing lunch at a winery outside of the city. We had an early dinner at Cagney's. I actually don't personally see the point of hurrying on the ship. We got plenty of her on an 11 day cruise. But then shrub we cruise for the ports.