Life jackets fir Muster Drill?

Wolfhunt

That would be me the 47 yr old kid....LoL:D. I can hear my wife yelling at me now "Knock it off, your embarrassing me." Play young, Stay young!

Well, Joe, you may not stay young if you keep blowing that nasty, germy whistle! :p

I've never gone to a Princess muster drill that didn't require you to bring your life jacket. Celebrity doesn't, which is alot easier, but I think it's good to have some experience in how to put it on in case of an emergency.

That would be me the 47 yr old kid....LoL:D. I can hear my wife yelling at me now "Knock it off, your embarrassing me." Play young, Stay young!

super-like-btn.png

Facebook sooo needs a LIKE button. So far, my husband has resisted, but if someone else did, I'm sure he would join in the fun. What are a few germs among friends? ;)

super-like-btn.png

Facebook sooo needs a LIKE button. So far, my husband has resisted, but if someone else did, I'm sure he would join in the fun. What are a few germs among friends? ;)

Well... You know that noro virus everybody is always griping about? Just go ahead and stick that whistle in your mouth. Just be sure to enjoy being confined to your cabin for a few days feeling like death.

Edited by Thrak

Does Princess usually finish muster drill before sail-away? I felt so bad last year in Tampa for people on the Carnival ship we saw. The people were still standing against the walls in their life jackets as the ship started to move.

I thought maybe it was a one time thing, but after our cruise, we were at the aquarium and watched it happen again.

Our only time sailing Princess, there were several late people on Princess flights and transfers, so we waited and we found out at the end of the welcome aboard show that night that we had been at sea for about 10 minutes. Obviously it was long after the muster drill.

In a true emergency there may not be a crewmember to instruct each passenger...at least I wouldn't depend upon that happening. Videos from the Concordia show the chaos that can ensue in a life threatening emergency.

I prefer to repeatedly practice emergency procedures to improve the odds of responding appropriately & the mass exodus to our cabins isn't an issue for me. Having a career where training was frequently provided is essential to responding properly when things hit the fan. Training doesn't ensure an appropriate response but it kicks in when an immediate response is required.

Actually if you can't remember where to report for an emergency & how to put on you life jacket you've got more problems then can be solved at a muster drill.