New to P&O

brian1

Hi,we are platinum on Princess.We saw an advert in the Sun,7 day landtour in India including Taj Mahal,13 day cruise on Aurora,Dubai to Singapore(world cruise segment)in balcony cabin,1 night hotel in Dubai and Singapore and all flights with Emirates for £2800 each.We booked it.Can you guys tell me what to expect? Will our platinum status carry over on P&O as I think it does with you guys on Princess? Any tips,comments on this itinery will be appreciated,cheers,Brian.

Hi,we are platinum on Princess.We saw an advert in the Sun,7 day landtour in India including Taj Mahal,13 day cruise on Aurora,Dubai to Singapore(world cruise segment)in balcony cabin,1 night hotel in Dubai and Singapore and all flights with Emirates for £2800 each.We booked it.Can you guys tell me what to expect? Will our platinum status carry over on P&O as I think it does with you guys on Princess? Any tips,comments on this itinery will be appreciated,cheers,Brian.

No Brian, unfortunately not. As I understand it, Princess credits cruisers for their loyalty status with P&O (and, I think, you get more perks on Princess than the equivalent loyalty tier on P&O), but P&O doesn't reciprocate. You could always contact P&O and check if your Platinum status makes a difference.

Groovechick is right princess points are not recognised by p&o. They are the other way round.

I did Singapore to southampton last year,it was a excellant cruise saw some beautiful places, I did find the entertainment a bit naff though. P&o wanted £4k pp to do the Taj I thought that was steep so did not bother, I would loved to have seen it though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are elite on Princess and bemoan the fact that the benefits we get on P&O are not in the same league but we have booked the golden triangle with a 22 night cruise back to Southampton on Arcadia for under £2800

which seemed a good deal, my husband has been trying to get me to India for years but failing health has made me realise it's now or never, also as we have cruised P&O we got an upgrade to a deluxe balcony, so as the thought of being on a ship for three weeks scares me it will be nice to get back with no jet lag, I am thinking of taking up crochet again my daughter tells me it is very fashionable

There seems lots of deals including India also Arauru has many deals on the world cruises leaving from Southampton

Will so miss the free laundry !!!

Sue

Just back from Singapore to Cape Town leg of this year's world cruise. Aurora won't have the glitz of Princess (and no free ice cream!) but she's an excellent ship for long cruises with lots of sea days - loads of open deck space and public rooms.

They don't add the 15%, also they don't have a AIBP unfortunately.

Thats good,that makes the booze a little bit cheaper than Princess,cheers,Brian.

New to P&O, Stupid Question on board Britannia will I have to purchase an Oasis spa pass and a Retreat pass? or does one cover both?

(Next cruise Britannia t/a Oct 2016)

Cheers Buccaneers.

Jolly Rog