Cabin Question for Freedom, Independence, Liberty

Hello,

Does anyone have experience with the cabins on Deck 10 AFT, D1 category, 1380-1392 or 1680-1692 on the Freedom class of ships?

We have the option for a D1 cabin in that area of the ship but are a bit concerned being directly under the windjammer. It is appealing however that its on deck 10 in not such a busy area, away from elevators and more suites on this deck so maybe a bit quieter.

The other options would be similar D1 cabin on deck 7 that would have cabins above and below us instead of the windjammer.

Tried searching pictures of these cabins but can't seem to find any.

Thanks for any help / advice.

While not exactly answering your question, we did stay on deck 10 on Indy but an inside room under the pool deck. We heard no noises at any time of the day. It was so convenient to only have to walk up one deck to the Windjammer and pool areas. In addition, since most of the suites are on deck 10, the cabin stewards were the BEST! They are trained to service the suite guests and service all their guests the same.

Hello,

Does anyone have experience with the cabins on Deck 10 AFT, D1 category, 1380-13p92 or 1680-1692 on the Freedom class of ships?

We have the option for a D1 cabin in that area of the ship but are a bit concerned being directly under the windjammer. It is appealing however that its on deck 10 in not such a busy area, away from elevators and more suites on this deck so maybe a bit quieter.

The other options would be similar D1 cabin on deck 7 that would have cabins above and below us instead of the windjammer.

Tried searching pictures of these cabins but can't seem to find any.

Thanks for any help / advice.

I can't specifically speak to freedom class, but we have stayed in this cabin on a voyager class ship and we noticed no noise from the windjammer.

Edited by FloatMe
Wrong info

Thanks.

Do you also know if the bed placement varies on Balcony Freedom Class type rooms, meaning the bed in some is closer to the balcony and sofa to the bathroom and they basically swap positions in every room.

Would RCCL know if I called and asked this?

Thanks.

Do you also know if the bed placement varies on Balcony Freedom Class type rooms, meaning the bed in some is closer to the balcony and sofa to the bathroom and they basically swap positions in every room.

Would RCCL know if I called and asked this?

I am not certain, but I believe that on all freedom class and older ships, the bed is closest to the balcony. Junior suites have the couch closest to the balcony. I may be wrong.

I am not certain, but I believe that on all freedom class and older ships, the bed is closest to the balcony. Junior suites have the couch closest to the balcony. I may be wrong.

You are correct, the bed is closest to the balcony in D and E staterooms on Voyager and Freedom class ships.

To a comment you made in your original post, if you were near the elevator banks on decks with that category in that location you would not have any noise from that at all. All staterooms are down hallways and are very quiet. Have had this location many times and IMO is a very desirable location based on the convenience to the elevators.

All the decks have the same level of quiet - suite locations on that deck has nothing to do with that. In fact there can be occasional noise from the pool deck, etc., as you are not insulated between stateroom decks. That has not been an issue with us, however.

You are correct, the bed is closest to the balcony in D and E staterooms on Voyager and Freedom class ships.

Great, thank you for confirming this.

Now for a really specific question, does anyone happen to know if the head of the bed is usually toward fwd or aft of the ship?

Great, thank you for confirming this.

Now for a really specific question, does anyone happen to know if the head of the bed is usually toward fwd or aft of the ship?

Both depending on cabin? You may have to call RC to find out.

While not exactly answering your question, we did stay on deck 10 on Indy but an inside room under the pool deck. We heard no noises at any time of the day. It was so convenient to only have to walk up one deck to the Windjammer and pool areas. In addition, since most of the suites are on deck 10, the cabin stewards were the BEST! They are trained to service the suite guests and service all their guests the same.

This is great to hear, both about the staff and the lack of noise, as my wife and I will be Deck 10 suite guests on Indy in January.

This is great to hear, both about the staff and the lack of noise, as my wife and I will be Deck 10 suite guests on Indy in January.

We were in a suite on Adventure last year on deck 10 just below the pools. Only once, at 3:00 pm, did we hear anything at all from above.

We have stayed in 1400/1700 on Liberty previously. In these cabins the pull out sofa was closest to the balcony (however these cabins are wider then the other aft cabins so set up may be different). We occasionally heard noise from the Windjammer above but typically it was mid day when the workers were cleaning floors etc. and it really wasn't that loud.

Under 200 days til my next corner aft cabin on the Indy and I cant wait :D

We stayed in 1390 and 1392 two years ago. I don't think we ever heard any noise from the Windjammer. There was a slight "rumbling" and vibration occasionally from the engines I guess, but this was before her dry dock.

It wasn't difficult getting to the elevators and it was nice to be able to just walk up/down 2-3 flights of stairs to access the pool and sports deck.

As far as which way the beds faced, 1392 had the headboard toward the aft of the ship (sitting in bed we were facing forward) and 1390 had the headboard forward (sitting would be facing aft).

We'll be in 1400/1402 in less than two months!