Any Tips or Tricks for the Cruise Card?

HI-C-Dubs

You can buy lanyards almost anywhere. Target and Walmart carry them. Amazon has them. When we cruised on Royal, there was a place in the terminal selling them. You can get them to match your favorite school or sports team. You can also buy them on board.

Cruise Critic sells them too.

Princess gives you a little card holder if you are in a suite. I keep it in there with my coffee card and some cash for tips.

Tony

THANK YOU! The reminder about the card holder is most timely for me-26 weeks today and I'll be boarding! :D

I've also written down the reminder about the Consumate Host Cards-think you get them from the Passenger Services Desk, and noted to put an extra pen in my handbag! I'm a TERROR for loosing my pen! Only 5 more Cruise Fare Payments, then On Board Purchases for 6 payments, and everything will be organised. Collect my Cruise Documents by 10/11/2016, a calendar month before embarkation.

Aloha from Hawaii again!

Sorry if I'm starting a ton of new threads, but I do honestly search for my topic first, and if I don't find a satisfactory answer in the search, I ask it again :D

So. I know we all get a cruise card when we board. But does everyone like having it on a lanyard or do you keep it in your wallet? I'm debating if maybe a card-holding cell phone case for the week would be worth it- just keep the cruise card and my ID with the phone. It is vacation after all.

If the lanyard way is the better way, do you get a lanyard with the card upon boarding? I'm a little weary of being 'one of those' cruise ship passengers that wears it out in the open on shore excursions.. haha. :D But if you more seasoned cruiser say there's a very good reason for that, then I'll take the advice to hart.

Anyway, yeah, so what is your Tip on the Cruise Card?

Mahalo!

I carry it in my pants pocket. I know where it's at. On our last cruise I made a future cruise deposit and the future cruise director said I should wear my elite SS card around my neck to show it off!:rolleyes: I think I would invite more dirty looks than knowing where the card is at. I'll keep it in my pocket where I keep my cell phone.

I got a bunch of credit card RDIF sleeves from Amazon and keep my cruise card in one, even when using a lanyard. I have a Kindle with an origami magnetic cover that has accidentally demagnetized my cruise card quite a few times. The RFID sleeve has made a huge difference.

Great idea! Thank you. Even though I knew what I was doing my iPad did in my card a number of times last fall.

Edited by hsmom

I would second the idea of punching a hole in your card.

I have even thrown a hole punch in the little outside pocket of my carry on so that we can punch the holes while waiting to board. You make a lot of friends this way [emoji6]

The key to our success has been to use a very thin lanyard with a swivel clip. This keeps the card secure...no falling out. It is easy to manipulate for boarding etc. Now I need to figure out how to incorporate the RDIF sleeves to save my card from the evil iPad!

I would second the idea of punching a hole in your card.

I have even thrown a hole punch in the little outside pocket of my carry on so that we can punch the holes while waiting to board. You make a lot of friends this way.

We do the same. The outside pocket of DH's roll aboard has a lanyard for each of us and a hole punch. We step aside and punch the cards as soon as we get them, and put them on lanyards. I always wear a lanyard off the ship, and only wear one on the ship in the hot tub or gym, but it is really nice to have the card on the lanyard, out and viewable, when boarding the ship with carry on luggage.

THANK YOU! The reminder about the card holder is most timely for me-26 weeks today and I'll be boarding! :D

I've also written down the reminder about the Consumate Host Cards-think you get them from the Passenger Services Desk, and noted to put an extra pen in my handbag! I'm a TERROR for loosing my pen! Only 5 more Cruise Fare Payments, then On Board Purchases for 6 payments, and everything will be organised. Collect my Cruise Documents by 10/11/2016, a calendar month before embarkation.

It's getting closer! :D

On board I'll wear a Witz waterproof card case with lanyard. It's large enough to carry the cruise card, the coffee card, and a couple of credit cards and bills.

I'll put the case in my purse or backpack (never use the Princess or other cruise line bags ashore) when I leave the ship and use the case as my wallet. If we are in the water at a beach and there's nowhere safe to leave the cruise and other cards/money in the shore, I'll wear the card case and tuck it in my swimsuit (depending on which I'm wearing).

While in the Panama Canal last December, I leaned and looked down to take a photo of Miraflores Lock's side walls. My lanyard had a safety release, and contact with the ship's railing snapped it open. The case fell into the water and I saw it floating away into the Pacific Ocean. I only had the cruise and coffee cards in it at the time, so did not have to call the credit card company. I got a replacement cruise card immediately, but because it was an "old" card from another cruise (with ten punches to go), I could not get a replacement coffee card.

I got a new waterproof card case and was amused to see that animal print (leopard or zebra) cases are now available!

To crochetcruise, you'll find a very nice Princess pen in your cabin upon boarding, in addition to a Princess paper pad and stationery. Like other folks at Cruise Critic, we have followed your cruise planning process and wish you a fantastic time aboard!

To crochetcruise, you'll find a very nice Princess pen in your cabin upon boarding, in addition to a Princess paper pad and stationery.

Believe it or not, the pad of paper and pen had become "by request only" on the Emerald Princess last winter. Death by a thousand cutbacks.