Repositioning cruise

traveled

Has anyone done the repositioning cruise from London to the US by way of Iceland? How was it? I have never been on Princes but I have HAL, Sitmar, Cunard, RCl, Carnival, and many more. This will be my first time single, I am now a widow, and I was wondering if this is the cruise for me.

Has anyone done the repositioning cruise from London to the US by way of Iceland? How was it? I have never been on Princess but I have HAL, Sitmar, Cunard, RCl, Carnival, and many more. This will be my first time single, I am now a widow, and I was wondering if this is the cruise for me.

We Sailed on the Royal Princess from Copenhagen to NYC in September 2014, stopping at Kristiansand, Reykjavik, Greenock, Belfast, Cobh, Halifax with 10 sea days. We could not get into St. Johns, Newfoundland as the sea was too rough. High daily temperatures ranged from the high 60's to the mid 50's. All the Ports were interesting. There were lots of on board activities. Compared to HAL it is a much more active on board environment. I can't compare to the other lines. Sitmar, of course, was bought by Princess maybe 35 years ago, and cruising has changed so much during that time.

I can't comment on the voyage but you have my sympathies for your loss and my admiration and congratulations for continuing to cruise. I hope you have many more wonderful voyages.

I haven't done it on Princess, but have on another line. It was amazing and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Have a great time. You know that if you have a friend that you'd want to cruise with, the cost will be almost the same for 2 as for 1. Just a thought. BUT I've done a trans-Atlantic alone (that was the southern route), and the only negative was the cost of cruising solo.

Has anyone done the repositioning cruise from London to the US by way of Iceland? How was it? I have never been on Princes but I have HAL, Sitmar, Cunard, RCl, Carnival, and many more. This will be my first time single, I am now a widow, and I was wondering if this is the cruise for me.

Please go and enjoy:):):)

Did a 14 day on Sea Princess - Southampton, Bergen, Shetland, Faroe, Akureyri, Reykjavik, Greenland, St Johns, NYC. Rivals with Baltic cruise as best we have ever taken. Generally only a couple of sea days between stops and great places to visit.

Most people on the ship were 60-70s, although we had one 5 year old girl that took part in everything - dance parties, ice carving demo, arctic pool plunge. Captain's wife was onboard and went solo on most tours with us. Had an 84 year old pair of twins on all the tours - had some walking issues and guide usually had to retrieve them from gift shop. Ate breakfast with them once and they were a riot. Long bus tours in Iceland and they had to drive the buses overnight from Akureyri to Reykjavik to meet us there because we used most of the tour buses in the country.

If you like fantastic scenery and a lot of variety this is a great cruise. Since it is longer it tends to have older couples and singles rather than families and large groups and you meet a lot of folks.

We did this TA on the old Regal from Copenhagen to Dover, then to Ireland and Scotland, and on to Iceland and Greenland. Had a great cruise we will never forget.

Steve