Ensuring partner receives Captain's Circle credit

CrowCaw

Hey everyone,

I've just booked a late-minute cruise for myself and my fiance. I am concerned so I go through the Guest Check-in / Cruise Personalizer that I am correctly listed as a Gold Member but she is still listed as a Blue (though she has previous cruises with Princess).

Is there a way for me to ensure that she is correctly inputted so as to get the proper credit? Part of the reasoning for sneaking away on this trip is to bump her up to Ruby before our large, honeymoon trip in January.

Thanks for the help.

If she goes to the Cruise Personalizer and signs in, that should show her status. It will have a list of all cruises take showing both number of days and number of cruise credits. Be sure her Captain's Circle membership number is the same

Just so you're aware, being Ruby brings no benefit... just an upgrade to the travel insurance. If you were hoping for additional benefits, sorry, it really won't matter until you and your partner are platinum.

We're still a ways from anything good. The biggest benefit for us to be Ruby is the feeling of progression and flashing a new coloured card. :D

Call whoever you booked with and they will clear it up. Piece of cake.

It is possible her name wasn't linked to her Captain Circle account when it was entered.

Edited by Coral

Call whoever you booked with and they will clear it up. Piece of cake.

It is possible her name wasn't linked to her Captain Circle account when it was entered.

I agree. Either call your TA or call Princess directly. She isn't the first person to have this happen and it is usually a very easy fix. When I became Ruby I was glad because it got me the better insurance for the same cost. Yes, it's a small benefit but it is a benefit and I was happy about it. When I finally hit Platinum I enjoyed the free Internet minutes.

I don't cruise for the loyalty perks (good thing :)) but I am happy to have them. Someday I will become Elite. I'll take the few extra perks and be happy with them but, for me, the biggest perk of all is that I get to cruise and that I really enjoy cruising with Princess.

Hey everyone,

I've just booked a late-minute cruise for myself and my fiance. I am concerned so I go through the Guest Check-in / Cruise Personalizer that I am correctly listed as a Gold Member but she is still listed as a Blue (though she has previous cruises with Princess).

Is there a way for me to ensure that she is correctly inputted so as to get the proper credit? Part of the reasoning for sneaking away on this trip is to bump her up to Ruby before our large, honeymoon trip in January.

Thanks for the help.

We are elite with Princess. My DH and I have the same number of cruises.

Have found cruise lines make mistakes on female bookings... ie., ref credits.

I tried several time thru a TA to get my credits corrected, never worked, made list of cruises that were faxed to princess. We are seniors so have been traveling for years. My DH and I have always cruised together so his credits and mine should have agreed they did not. I finally went to the Repeat Passenger Host on Princess she got the mess corrected. Hang in there try on board with the Host or hostess.

By the way, same thing has happened on other lines as well.. I don't know why cruise lines seem to screw up on my record. My last name is different from my dh, may that has something to do with it.

Happy cruising.