Ventura advice!!

Calders

only our second cruise, we done anthem of the seas last year on the t/a to New York and loved every minute of it despite 40ft waves and 100mph winds, we especially enjoyed the dynamic dining, we are on Ventura next week for a 4 night mini cruise to Guernsey and Brugge , we are in a superior balcony (e729) its at the rear of the ship down low where the balconys jut out, any tips on the ship/ cabin in general especially the dining would be appreciated, we have booked sindu buts that's all we could do on line, we only booked up last week so haven't had much time to do my homework on Ventura, anthem is a stunning ship but trying different ships is what I find appealing, I think you can safely say we've caught the cruise bug as we have also booked on navigator of the seas in October, :)

We haven't been told anything about dining yet John, we booked last minute on a saver fare and only got our cabin number a couple of days ago, not sure how dining works on p&o, on anthem we booked in advance different restaurants every night, something we don't seem to be able to do on Ventura, for the price we paid I'm not complaining just looking forward to being on another cruise.:)

I have sailed on Ovation if the seas (same design as Anthem) and Ventura.

As this is your second cruise I hope you haven't been spoilt by Anthem which in my opinion is a step up ship wise from Ventura, there are not so many things to do on Ventura so if you have kids they could be disappointed.

However, other aspects on Ventura are similar to Anthem such as crew, food, entertainment possibly slightly down in Anthems shows but ok.

As I say if you try not to compare to much I am sure you will have a nice time. We have booked Ventura again for August so I am not saying it is bad or anything but in my opinion the Royal Caribbean Anthem/Ovation class of ships are Very good.

Enjoy.

Dave

The Glasshouse is a wine bar that also does lovely little "small plates" - 3 of them for about £5.75, great value and an ideal place for lunch on a sea day - not half as busy as the buffet! You don't book, just turn up.

I have sailed on Ovation if the seas (same design as Anthem) and Ventura.

As this is your second cruise I hope you haven't been spoilt by Anthem which in my opinion is a step up ship wise from Ventura, there are not so many things to do on Ventura so if you have kids they could be disappointed.

However, other aspects on Ventura are similar to Anthem such as crew, food, entertainment possibly slightly down in Anthems shows but ok.

As I say if you try not to compare to much I am sure you will have a nice time. We have booked Ventura again for August so I am not saying it is bad or anything but in my opinion the Royal Caribbean Anthem/Ovation class of ships are Very good.

Enjoy.

Dave

Having been on Ventura three times then Anthem last year it's very hard to compare them. Anthem has superb entertainment and service, is visually stunning, amazing venues such as 270 and the seaplex and ifly. The food in the four included restaurants was excellent. The buffet is comparable but other than that if we had a choice and they were similar price points Anthem would be worth another 25% on top of Ventura's price. Anthem is a floating entertainment hub, Ventura gets you from port to port.

only our second cruise, we done anthem of the seas last year on the t/a to New York and loved every minute of it despite 40ft waves and 100mph winds, we especially enjoyed the dynamic dining, we are on Ventura next week for a 4 night mini cruise to Guernsey and Brugge , we are in a superior balcony (e729) its at the rear of the ship down low where the balconys jut out, any tips on the ship/ cabin in general especially the dining would be appreciated, we have booked sindu buts that's all we could do on line, we only booked up last week so haven't had much time to do my homework on Ventura, anthem is a stunning ship but trying different ships is what I find appealing, I think you can safely say we've caught the cruise bug as we have also booked on navigator of the seas in October, :)

I've done Ventura once...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2014/06/09/ventura-a-perfect-fly-cruise-med-break/

...but would very happily go again timings and itinerary being suitable.

14304235095_f51b60f951_z.jpg

Loved the opportunity to dine 'Al Fresco' ...

14117699417_908a606db4_z.jpg