aft 7208 on Summit.

motherchic

has anyone had this cabin?

We are thinking of a 14 day Panama canal cruise. We can get this cabin, concierge class for $200 more / person then a mid ship room balcony non concierge. we have never had an aft or a CC.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Nadine

Nadine,

While my wife and I have not been in that particular cabin, we have been in two different aft CC cabins on M-class ships. Many people feel that $200 p/p additional would be worth it just for the CC -vs- standard balcony on the side. In my opinion, that might be the upper limit, but I'd definitely do it for $150 and probably for $200. You get nicer bedding, pillows, more room service menu options, flowers in the cabin and priority boarding, among other perks.

To move from the standard (non-CC) side cabin to an aft would be worth even more than $200 to me. Here are the big benefits in my mind (in addition to the CC benefits):

1. Cabin is larger (approx 191 sq ft compared to 170)

2. Balcony is HUGE. 200+ sq ft. Even sky suites don't have but about 60.

3. View is fantastic. It's hard to explain just how great it is to watch the wake as the ship sails along. Plus you can see to both sides as well as the rear.

4. Because the cabins are at the very end of the hallways, there is less traffic and noise.

5. The distance to the cabin from everything else is not too bad, but it does force a little more walking (better word than exercise) than a cabin near the center would require.

6. When going through the locks, the aft cabin is even better because you can see the gates working far better than just about anywhere else (except the aft cafe - but you will be in your own private area, not fighting for a space at the rail.).

And we have been in aft cabins on about 10 cruises and have never felt any more motion that we noticed when in the dead center of the ship.

If you look long and hard, you will find an occasional negative post and some people just don't like them. But I am confident that 90% or more of people who have an aft cabin would prefer it to most others on the ship.

Enjoy. The canal trip was one of our favorites.

Nadine..........

We've had that cabin and have it booked again this April and May for a 27 day b2b - Hawaii/Alaska. Believe me, it is everything Bob said......and more. Consider yourself very fortunate to have snagged that cabin !! And, once you have....you'll be spoiled forver!!! :rolleyes:

Enjoy your cruise...............

M&M's

has anyone had this cabin?

We are thinking of a 14 day Panama canal cruise. We can get this cabin, concierge class for $200 more / person then a mid ship room balcony non concierge. we have never had an aft or a CC.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Nadine

Nadine -- this is one of those "aft CC" cabins you read about here from time to time. We had one on our Infinity trans-Canal 12/03 and LOVED it. The longer the cruise, the more it seems to be worth. We were right above you on Deck 8 for that one. All I can say is to look at the many pictures (some linked in my signature line, below, too) and get a sense of what kind of space you get for the extra $ before you even concern yourself with the additional "amenities". Note that the balcony pictures in the Family View cabin at that link are also the same as what you'd have in your CC cabin.

Wish you had come up for a peek last April so you'd have a 1st hand feel for the space. While the cabin is large, the additional outside space makes that seem even larger.

GRAB IT NOW!

We will be in that cabin in Jan./Hawaii. We'll give you a full report when we return. We originally had booked #6136, and 2 wks. ago noticed that #7208 had opened up, so we took that opportunity to grab this cabin. Take it now...wise choice.

Karyn

We will be in that cabin in Jan./Hawaii. We'll give you a full report when we return. We originally had booked #6136, and 2 wks. ago noticed that #7208 had opened up, so we took that opportunity to grab this cabin. Take it now...wise choice.

Karyn

Sounds like you were in good shape even before the switch. 6136 is another "premium" CC cabin. Are you finding these through Celebrity or a TA that has access to good inventory?

Sounds like you were in good shape even before the switch. 6136 is another "premium" CC cabin. Are you finding these through Celebrity or a TA that has access to good inventory?

Actually, a little of each...I watch for cabin movement, especially after or around final payments are due. I think I've just been darn lucky to have been "surfing" on that particular day. As far as originally booking the #6136...this cruise was booked over a year ago, and I didn't hestitate to take it.

Karyn

Nadine, we just got off the Summit last week and were in 7208 (those are my pics that Phil linked for you) and we just LOVED the cabin!! I am SO glad you snagged it!

We had originally booked a side CC, which would have been great too, but like Karyn I got lucky one day surfing around, saw 7208 open, emailed my great TA Lori, and voila ...

It has lots of room for hosting little parties, especially at sailaway times. Enjoy!

Regards,

Jan

I was looking at the pics...it looks to me that these cabins are completely covered...so theres no possibility to lie on a lounger and soak up the sun then? I def, would not like this cabin...can you suggest cabins/suites that have a large balcony and do not have the overhang/cover...but are open to the sunshine! thanks for any info..

i hope someone can answer your question. My age must be showing, but i love sitting outside but if i am not in the water its pretty hot for me and the shade is perfect. Not to mention depending where the sun is you still get it.But if you really enjoy the sun you should get a balcony that gives it.

I always start out in a lounge chair by the pool and i never last long for I wilt !!! and then in the pool i go. i heard it can be very warm in the canals with not allot of breeze- if that is the case you might enjoy the shade

Good luck finding the right cabin.

I have laughed at myself for booking soooo early. i just planned to get a price quote but when i heard this room was available, i just had to grab it.

We were in 7206 on the Summit. Travelling with 2 other couples,our balcony was the meeting place.The room was ok,the balcony was wonderful.The overhang does not cover the entire balcony so there were many days I could push the lounger (chair,not my husband)to the end of the balcony and enjoy the sun,while my fair skinned Irish husband sat in the shade. We paid the same as the other 2 couples and thier blacony was so small it held 2 sitting or 4 standing.I don't know that I would pay the difference for c.c. again but we did love the balcony and we are glad we had the chance to experience it.As far as the other c.c. perks,that is up to the individual.The flowers were nice,the canapes were ridiculous,the tender tickets waiting in our cabin was okay,but most times we were not in a big rush to get on to the tender anyway,The expanded menu for room service was outstanding. Our decision to go c.c. again would depend on cabin and price difference.

Grab the aft balcony and have a great time!

Judie

My wife and I were in 7203 a few years ago and although I didn't measure the balcony, I believe it was 10 x 20' with the last 4 feet uncovered. You definately could move a lounge chair to the back and sit in the sun, depending upon the way the ship was heading as compared to the sun. Right below you are the BIG suites which had a very large uncovered area for sunning, but I don't remember any balcony's that were fully open to the sun.

We're going on the Constellation in April 2007 and wanted the same aft balcony for that 10 day, they are now $ 700 a couple more that a normal balcony 2A, nice but I can get the DW a nice bracelet or necklace for that and still have a nice, but not great balcony.

Archived