!!! NORWEGIAN ESCAPE !!! ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Gamble, you write an amazing review! Thank you for providing us future cruisers with all of this wonderful information. I noticed that several people have made reference to your Oasis review. Unfortunately I have not yet had an opportunity to read it. I have travelled on the Oasis twice, and thought it was a great ship, and have a cruise on the Escape planned for next January. I'm curious as to what ship you preferred when all factors are considered. Once again thank you for your time, in providing us with all of this information.

You're a bit ahead of me :D. I usually close the reviews and it is then when I take everything into account. I am still thinking about it, like everything else in life there are pros and negatives. We will see as I come closer to the end.

Sorry Gambee my spell check changed your name in the above post and I didn't catch it

No worries, that is actually a common auto correct issue with Gambee ;)

Gambee, did you use Lightroom or a smartphone app to apply the water-color like effect? Some examples are on page 25 of your thread here.

I've used Waterlogue on my iPad, but I don't think that's the app you used.

Thanks!

Edited by Paul from Maryland

Gambee, did you use Lightroom or a smartphone app to apply the water-color like effect? Some examples are on page 25 of your thread here.

I've used Waterlogue on my iPad, but I don't think that's the app you used.

Thanks!

My Sony camera has an effect called Illustration. There are 3 settings within the effect, I usually set it on high.

My Sony camera has an effect called Illustration. There are 3 settings within the effect, I usually set it on high.

Once I had your info a google search led me to an iOS app for iPhones and iPads: ToonCamera.

Thanks!

Are you sure? The fish that are in the group do look different from the first one that I saw. The mouth on the first one is a bit thicker and not the needle kind. That's what threw me off a little.

Yes, the first picture is a barracuda. The other pictures with a lot of fish with the needle nose look are ballyhoos. :)

Gambee, another review for the ages!

I remember being booked on the Breakaway, and reading your review as you were writing it; it was a great way to get prepared and excited for that cruise. This year, we're booked on the Escape for 2 weeks in August, and once again your review has me very ready to go on this cruise! Especially because this time, we have the UBP, and you've helpfully been reviewing a number of beverages we can try. Thanks for taking one for the team! :D

My daughter and I are on the same July 2nd cruise!! This will be our 4th with NCL. over 20 cruises in the last ten years. NCL seems to be my favorite now. Countdown begins!!!

Have a great cruise with your daughter, thank you for following along :)

Yes, the first picture is a barracuda. The other pictures with a lot of fish with the needle nose look are ballyhoos. :)

That's what I thought, I guess I misread what you said. She was pretty small and quickly moved out of the way. Nonetheless, I froze! :eek:

While researching I read that they are actually quite tasty :D

Gambee, another review for the ages!

I remember being booked on the Breakaway, and reading your review as you were writing it; it was a great way to get prepared and excited for that cruise. This year, we're booked on the Escape for 2 weeks in August, and once again your review has me very ready to go on this cruise! Especially because this time, we have the UBP, and you've helpfully been reviewing a number of beverages we can try. Thanks for taking one for the team! :D

I actually stick to the same 3 drinks, dirty vodka martini, gin/tonic/lime/cucumber and long islands. A beer here and there, mom did however try a few more drinks, I like the low caloric ones :D

I am sure you will love your B2B on the Escape, it is a really nice ship.

The ride there is quite quick, and I would like to say that it is safe. Although you just never know, all that salt exposure. I could not help but to look down at the possible disaster. And this is coming from someone who is used to snowboarding lifts all over the US.

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-159_zpsurmuovpf.jpg

And down we go! Love the purple color.

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-160_zps6vpdz1vm.jpg

There are a few stores there, but most were deserted. I wonder how they even manage to stay open...

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-161_zpsfrz5vjtm.jpg

Mom went shopping for a few minutes, but nothing caught her eye.

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-162_zpss7ochsb7.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-163_zps4e8anowa.jpg

That house even had a solar golf cart, how cool is that?

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-165_zpspcdr80kd.jpg

Then we got all the way down to the restaurant area.

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-170_zpsfntpc92w.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-171_zps4ryd1q1c.jpg

We then met them all up there and found that Will had just proposed to Jillian, and we completely missed it all!

They gave me a picture to share here.

And she said yes, they are so cute together! Her ring was lovely as well. So clear! He did a great job at picking it out.

How cute is that? With the ship in the background and all.

13245384_1318129211538574_7117693505437854606_n_zpsszpejzr3.jpg

While up there we took a picture, such great times! Mom tried to sneak in, but Ty cut her out :D

13173651_10153801128108547_391354981429883174_n_zpse8giyv5t.jpg

They all had a few share of drink already, so I went and got another round for those who wanted more. We only stayed there for a little longer and then we went down.

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-176_zpso1yb26lj.jpg

The only ship in port, makes for one amazing day!

One of my favorite ones!

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-177_zpseqzqjiux.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-178_zpsfaq8g5ti.jpg

I wonder who owns this? I guess a simple google search would answer that :D

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-179_zpscufvcyce.jpg

That house even had a solar golf cart, how cool is that?

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-165_zpspcdr80kd.jpg

Then we got all the way down to the restaurant area.

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-170_zpsfntpc92w.jpg

[We then met them all up there and found that Will had just proposed to Jillian, and we completely missed it all!

They gave me a While up there we took a picture, such great times! Mom tried to sneak in, but Ty cut her out :D

13173651_10153801128108547_391354981429883174_n_zpse8giyv5t.jpg

LOL!!! Oops!

We were having a blast!

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-180_zpsnyxrcejf.jpg

Look at Ty! OMG he was too funny! I'll tell you something, he is the kind of person that marks a vacation! So happy that both mom and I could sail with him.

On top of that we had one guy in our kart that was afraid of heights and he was sweating like a pig. It was too funny, but he was a total sport about it! Nice guy. His wife made him go on the ride :D

I have never seen someone sweat so much while standing still. His shirt was drenched!

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-181_zpshuwcjjhv.jpg

This vacation is possibly the one with the most memorable moments ever!

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-185_zpsnei7ojz5.jpg

Once down mom and I were going to head towards the ship, it was actually around 2:30pm. But someone in our group invited us to eat at Glady’s cafe, which apparently it is quite famous. Mom and I were full, but we really did not want to say no to their invitation. I told mom we could share something, and have some fun while at it.

So we took a bus from paradise point to Glady’s. After that we walked a little to get there.

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-191_zpsztluudwy.jpg

The restaurant is in a back alley, and it is really quite nice.

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-205_zpszfqmpav6.jpg

When we walked into Gladys, she knew some in our group and we were immediately sat in a really nice table. Both mom and I were loving every second of it. This was a real treat for us. Just hanging out with a great group of people and celebrating such a momentous occasion.

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-206_zpsb7m05z2t.jpg

Here is the menu.

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-208_zps6asg40i3.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-209_zps3yqqggmg.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-210_zpsyodshadw.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-211_zps6x0iqjcu.jpg

Look at the special salad on the blue paper, that's what we got.

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-212_zpsosd1ieu0.jpg

She also sells her sauces. I loved the mango one!

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-218_zps8h3med6g.jpg

I got a long island. Although I still had not finished my other long island, in the background.

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-215_zpsrbuhsgvv.jpg

Bushwacker or whatever it is called. I called the sweet wuzzy drinks, right Ty? Muahahahaah

The one in the background was their mango special drink which was apparently quite good!

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-216_zpshp9l1eyv.jpg

They got some chips, that I was too full to try. Mom said they were excellent. In all reality I just saw her eating the guacamole, LoL. Avocado is my mom's addiction!

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-217_zps4jc9ag2y.jpg

Of course mom had to spill her coke in front of everyone!

She blamed it on the uneven table :rolleyes:

Although I actually think she was right, but you know... I just had to make fun of it :D

Just a bit of an embarrassing moment for her, but you know, it is not a Gambee review unless mom spills something. Although this time she scored the win!

Even Jillian is giving her a thumbs up!

norwegian20escape20day204-219_zpsbnnkh7w2.jpg

Mom and I shared the chicken salad. Let me tell you something, that Avocado! OMG, it was so good! It is my understanding that they grow their own produce? Anyway, that salad was to die for. And this is coming from someone who was stuffed to death!

A lot of us got that salad. It looks like tuna, but it was actually chicken.

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-222_zpsx2ccqyod.jpg

Ty got the wings.

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-223_zpsldoxttip.jpg