!!! NORWEGIAN ESCAPE !!! ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

I was exhausted, I think I dove down a total of 5 times, just playing around. By the end, I was kind of dizzy and in dire need of a drink.

On the way out I saw a bunch of people feeding the fish by the shore.

untitled-174_zpsjagmwmbf.jpg

They sell fish food there, but you can always bring cereal from the buffet. I had none.

untitled-176_zpsany2e1hb.jpg

Back outside I decided to open the bottle of spumante that NCL gave my mom for her bday the night before. Yes, it was lukewarm. But it was also free. By the way the night before, all we did was talk about getting drunk on champagne was the worst idea ever! Ty and Su looked at me with that, "are you an idiot" look. Maybe so :D

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-77_zpsi7fajwyl.jpg

This is the ticket for paradise point. Thank you Will :)

We had such great traveling partners on this cruise!

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-80_zpsu2hemlcc.jpg

Anyone for chicken nuggets? They were up for grabs.

And actually a few kids grabbed one and got him all wet with ocean water. Please, parents don't allow this. You could see the mother and chick going crazy, it was quite frustrating from a viewer point of view.

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-84_zpsnxygi30m.jpg

After a little over an hour the rest of the group left to head to either a restaurant or paradise point. Mom and I are beach bums, so we wanted to stay there for a little longer.

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-85_zps1gaxj4f6.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-86_zpsuiwzhz4f.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-87_zpsgbjnywsd.jpg

I hope you don’t plan on drowning at this beach, because the lifeguard spent more time talking than looking out at the beach. I don't think he ever stopped talking the entire time we were there. :D

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-88_zpsudvn3fsq.jpg

This guy was going around with free samples

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-90_zps0krvhrp7.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-78_zps5euckynq.jpg

I really wanted a conch salad, so mom went looking for one. Unfortunately, she was not able to find the salad, but she found conch fritters and a conch dish.

The fritters were just ok.

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-92_zpsvbauyvdk.jpg

And the conch on sauce was good, but it was temperature hot. That is exactly why I wanted the salad, I don’t like eating warm food at the beach.

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-91_zpsfpoefzgw.jpg

Way too much food for us. And I actually saw someone I knew from the ship there, I wanted to offer her some food. But I just wasn't sure how she would take it. It was a long story.

Anyway, we ate the most we could.

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-93_zpstpdtyozk.jpg

Mom can't decide on the spumante or the coke, LoL

untitled-178_zpsc5tatsg2.jpg

I told my mom, look the guy is for rent! Anyone? :D

So funny, she was saying it is not the guy. And I was insisting it was :D

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-94_zpsgt7i4jan.jpg

After eating I went for another snorkel.

untitled-179_zpscs8z9gso.jpg

untitled-181_zpsf7vk7mrv.jpg

This time around we were on an open deck bus.

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-103_zpsoxixyqbh.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-105_zpsykrgitds.jpg

How beautiful is that?

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-108_zpsh8ubsvru.jpg

Really?

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-109_zpsrctusgfp.jpg

The bus was fairly empty, so we basically sat where ever we wanted. There is no need to worry about transportation here.

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-111_zpsf82pdyrm.jpg

He slowed down for us to get some pics of the ship.

Just gorgeous! Pictures like this really remind how much I love cruising!

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-126_zpsvzkbxajs.jpg

She is a really tall vessel.

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-127_zps0tvkbzrc.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-130_zps5n2t10gd.jpg

The driver then dropped us at Paradise Point after dropping everyone else at the port.

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-131_zpsjlsbdpah.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-135_zpsm6vfhekm.jpg

Next up, the proposal ;)

This guy was going around with free samples

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-90_zps0krvhrp7.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-78_zps5euckynq.jpg

I really wanted a conch salad, so mom went looking for one. Unfortunately, she was not able to find the salad, but she found conch fritters and a conch dish.

The fritters were just ok.

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-92_zpsvbauyvdk.jpg

And the conch on sauce was good, but it was temperature hot. That is exactly why I wanted the salad, I don’t like eating warm food at the beach.

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-91_zpsfpoefzgw.jpg

Way too much food for us. And I actually saw someone I knew from the ship there, I wanted to offer her some food. But I just wasn't sure how she would take it. It was a long story.

Anyway, we ate the most we could.

norwegian%20escape%20day%204-93_zpstpdtyozk.jpg

Hi Gambee! Enjoying your reviews so much! We usually cruise Disney (loved your Dream review) but I'm loving your reviews so much, I'm starting to consider other cruise lines :)

You have such a beautiful relationship with your Mom and your feelings about your grandmother were just so touching!

I was wondering what your thoughts were on Magen's Bay vs Coki beach for a family with young kids?

Also, are those tostones? This Miami girl living in GA is missing Latin food! LOL

I have to say, I got a giggle at you referring to your go pro as a HER.

I do that to my stuff too. Even naming a lot of them (cool hand Luke for our air conditioner, dish pan Hans for our dishwasher, Baby for our Christmas tree at which point I refused to put her in the corner lol etc)

Love seeing pics of coki again. I think I spent the whole time there snorkeling and feeding the fish! Thanks for taking us all along with you.

How much are they charging for the Paradise Point tram these days? We have not done it for awhile. However, the last time that we did for four more dollars we could do a three hr. tour in an open air taxi. It was a much better value than the tram.

I really only noticed kids there on the first day, I think they are really strict about the area and keep under control. My wild guess is that they made a universal for all the ship and that is the one they placed over there. Sorry, I am sure you had hopes of bringing your little one back there. Plu, I think that is too shallow for her mermaid tail ;)

The drop slides are extremely strict, you can't have anything at all anywhere! Just your bathing suit and that is all. On the tube slide I had the GoPro with the monopod, it was no problem using on that one. I also saw some kids with a water resistant cell phone as well. I think the rules on that one are pretty lenient. I am not sure about the yellow slide, I never went on it.

For the rope course the camera has to be attached to your body, either by the chest harness or the head harness. I used the head harness as it has a better view since you can turn the head. No hand held cameras allowed. I never ever use the GoPro for video. I use my GoPro in a mode that takes a picture every 2 seconds, then i chose the ones that I like more. Granted, they are not A6000 quality, but they are very good as long as there is good sunlight.

If you liked that picture, just wait an see the pictures that I got at Coki Beach while snorkeling!

Whenever you have time ask away :)

Thanks so much for the response Gambee. That helps a lot. I just may have to invest in a Go-Pro in the future. Do you enhance any of them? They look so different (almost like a HDR picture). I figured you must have it set somehow to take pictures every so often, but wasn't sure if that's a function of the camera. Thanks!

I haven't taken my A6000 on a cruise in a long time. Maybe I should start again. I love the pictures!

Also what function did you say your other camera has on it to make the neat oil painting pictures? I'm wondering if there's a PS action or Lightroom action that will do the same. I just love those!

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE COKI PICTURES!! I LOVE THAT PLACE! I got all excited when I read that on your blog. Woo hoo.

Is that a barracuda? I thought it was, but now that I look at it, I think the mouth should be shorter. Either way when I saw it, I froze. I respect them as much as I sharks.

YEP, it sure is. :D

untitled-128_zpsdomqewxi.jpg

There was a bunch of fish, but I have no clue which is what. Although I am sure Mitsugirly knows them all, LoL.

Yes, I do. :D But wondering what camera did you use for snorkeling? (Just wondering since they have the greenish color to them).

There is some really good snorkeling there.

untitled-185_zpslvxsvvpp.jpg

When you posted above asking about the barracuda, I was going to let you know that there are fish that are called Ballyhoo that sorta resemble them and have long noses. Then I see this segment and it has a bunch of them in it. So, you have now seen what a ballyhoo is too. (You usually see these swimming at the very top of the water so sometimes they are missed when snorkeling because you usually have your head down looking at things and not looking straight ahead. They are interesting fish, but usually very timid and race away quickly. It looks like there were a lot here and not racing away). :)

I'm sailing Escape tomorrow for the 2nd time. Can you hurry up, Gambee? I'd like to finish this awesome review before we sail. Thanks in advance. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I hope the week doesn't go by fast for you but, I'll be getting on when you return to Miami. :)