!!! NORWEGIAN ESCAPE !!! ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

We just relaxed there, and enjoy the view.

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-124_zpst9b9jpun.jpg

Then mom went and got us the most amazing conch fritters ever! They were so good and loaded with conch! The fries on the other hand…..

I wish I got a better pic to do them justice.

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-128_zpsba0zzgan.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-129_zps4ksfzrpy.jpg

After a couple of hours or so, we decided to head back to the ship. Like I said, this port just feels rushed.

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-141_zpsqwbkccwh.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-143_zpsqh7y5biq.jpg

Mom got some little souvenirs to put on our travel wall.

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-144_zpsudyfapcu.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-145_zps27hnwz9q.jpg

This time we were in a closed van. By the way there are bathroom facilities there as well, no cost. And they actually quite clean.

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-147_zpscwpzuzkh.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-181_zpsldralnoc.jpg

Mom loved half the store, but you know at $40 or more per item...

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-182_zpss2o3w59b.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-184_zpsjpjnp6ka.jpg

They had a really nice mural, and some live music.

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-185_zpshqz62vnu.jpg

This was so funny, I can just picture a bunch of people trying to eat soap.

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-186_zpsaqumffwt.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-187_zpspbbocr2v.jpg

Back to the ship we went.

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-188_zps57oyw77j.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-189_zps7nkqrrhh.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-190_zpsrnxf6rgw.jpg

That slide is so much fun.

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-194_zpsu7zrkn3v.jpg

In Tortola they make u walk all the way forwards to board the ship, so you walk the entire length of the dock… Not ideal when you’re hot and tired.

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-196_zpslgn1h4gi.jpg

Mom and I relaxed on the balcony.

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-197_zpsgryrdxt2.jpg

By the way, I am not sure I have said this yet, but still. Movies for rent at $9.99, hateful 8, the heart of the sea, concussion, etc. Somewhat newer movies.

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-198_zps16xgmphf.jpg

Mom went to get some food in the buffet and came back with this. I had asked for something like pasta.

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-203_zps9lzy5uyt.jpg

Mom said the buffet was just an insane, lines, lines, lines. It was around 1:50 pm when everyone is trying to make it on board. It be nice if the ship had other places like a hot dog place, pizza, stuff like that.

Mom eventually left the room and went to Vibe, I decided to see the ship depart from the room. Departing Tortola is very exciting, there is so much traffic, and the ship has to make some very drastic turns. I also heard that around here they filmed homeport of the Jurassic Park movie?

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-205_zpsnb7nzpwd.jpg

Deck 8 is great for those with window or inside rooms.

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-206_zps5skdfpyh.jpg

Well hello there, How is your cruise going? Not too good by the look in your face :D

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-207_zpsrijccsmm.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-208_zpsnvfk5vp0.jpg

Hi Gambee - I am loving your review, hanging on your every word!! If you ever port in Tortola again, you simply must go to the Sunny Caribbee Shop! It is a local shop with spices, seasonings, hot sauces, teas, vanilla etc., just a short walk from the pier area. I think your mom would just love it! The ladies that work there are so sweet and helpful, and they let you sample things - they gave me recipes for the items that I purchased - I have only been one time (February), but, I'll definitely be back!!

To give you an idea of the prices. The remote control for the gropro that goes for $80 in the US, was selling there for $130…

Captive audience! You'd probably be able to find somewhere else in town outside of the port area for a more reasonable price. But if you need one NOW because you forgot yours, at least it's available! ;)

Still loving the review.

Edited by cml4958

By the way, that place has the BEST conch fritters that I have had!

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-75_zpsak9rtd1l.jpg

The view is to die for! I have never seen so many catamarans in my life. They were all over the island.

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-76_zpscn3trrry.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-77_zpsdyqiihmd.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-78_zps8tctdmt7.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%205-79_zps4twho9pq.jpg

The BVI has lots of roosters! I did a charter sailboat trip there several years ago, which is what the catamarans are doing and we were woken up every morning to the sound of roosters. It's really fun, but in a complete different way than a cruise. Every night we anchored at a beautiful beach like Cane Garden Bay and spent the days sailing, snorkeling and exploring the islands of the BVI. When we were on the Escape in April we went to a great beach for surfing and boogie boarding called Josiah's Bay. It was really fun and hardly any people there! I wish the Escape would spend more time in Tortola, it's a beautiful island.

Love all the info!! We are on Escape Satirday and I will cover our Haven stay and the Salt baths. Will post some photos but will probably come up 1000 or so short to this one!! Awesome job Gambee!!

Norwegian%20Escape%20review-643_zpsc8igthhb.jpg

Mom’s first spill :D

Norwegian%20Escape%20review-644_zpsvdudpmgb.jpg

Hello World! And good bye to Miami!

untitled-12_zpszzmiwq0d.jpg

Hold on for dear life :D

untitled-16_zpsmrvlejbf.jpg

Gambee,

Thank you SO much for posting this review... I am with Dana's group sailing Escape in a few short weeks!!!

I LOVE your pictures and the one that just stood out was the selfie with your go pro stick with the blue water in the back ground! It is FABULOUS!

Thank you for posting the dailies and restaurant pics as well.

LOVE it!

I'm obviously not the amazing Gambee but I can answer a few of the recent questions.

Mitsugirly, as far as the Waterfall Grotto, I see that it says children need supervision. But really, the only way to get there is to go into Spice H20, and Spice H20 is supposed to be kid free.

Spice is Kid Free up until a certain time of day, I want to say 5pm. Whenever they showed movies out there or had parties, kids were allowed. We often had our kids with us for the evening movies.

Ropes course, the only way you can bring a camera there is if you use a Go Pro. They won't allow phones, and sometimes if they notice a bulge in your pocket they will pat it down and ask if you have a phone or camera. They seem fairly strict. I brought a paperback book for reading while waiting in the long line. It was in the pocket of my cargo shorts. They said I had to give it to someone else.

True, my husband and daughter went on and he couldn't take his phone with him or the go pro type hand held video cam he had. I think it must have to be attached to your body in order to take it with. I'm not sure, it seems to change with whoever is working the course that day.

As far as using the headband or chestband... I'm not sure how they work either. But I definitely saw a lady go onto the course with the go pro attached to her head. However, as soon as she got up to the platform, she detached it and was holding it in her hand. I'm not sure if the attendants who stand at the zip line said anything to her or not, I didn't stick around long enough to find out.

Tripleboom, that's where the ping pong tables are. They're not inside, they are technically outside in the open air on the deck. But that part of the deck is covered since it is near an entrance to the inside. The tables are not pushed side by side together like that during the day, they are separated. I imagine this picture was taken either early morning or late at night and the deck crew just push them together to make cleaning the floors easier.

Yes, the ping pong tables are always in this spot. Not the best place for them, in my opinion. It's a high traffic area and the ping pong balls are so light that most sea days are too windy and the balls are flying all over the place. Especially when your young kids can't keep a volley going and you have to chase them across the deck! lol

Gambee, glad to see you and your mom having such a blast. I loved reading all of your reviews but this one seems to be more special. More pictures of yourself and mom and it seems that you're enjoying yourself more, not just because of the ameneties of the ship but because of the folks in your group. Nice! I'm jotting down names of beaches for future reference! Oh and those pictures of you and your mom inside that water slide? Totally beyond awesome. Continue to enjoy every moment.

Most of my pictures are taken with a Sony A6000, only about 5% or less of the pictures you see were with the GoPro. The GoPro was mainly used for the water slides, underwater pics at the beach, and the rope course. There are a few on vibe, but maybe like 10 of them or so.

When you say good camera you have to realize that my standards are really high. At one point I even bought an RX, which everyone claims to be the perfect point and shoot and I hated it.

That said, I also own a Olympus Stylus TG-2 iHS. I think now that model has been replaced by the Olympus TG-4. The thing is that I did not even bring it on this cruise. It takes ok pictures I guess, but they just look a bit fragmented to me.

I really love the versatility of the GoPro, that is why I recommend it. But the issue with the GoPro is that it is pathetic when the lighting is poor. The pictures are also not the sharpest ones, but for active scenes it is perfect.

I guess it really depends what you truly want, do you really plan on using it in water that often? Do you have another camera? Will this be your main camera?

I have also found that the iPhone 6s camera is outstanding. My ex went to Australia and Japan and all he took was his iPhone, I could not believe the results from that tinny lens.

Thank you for your input...I do have another camera but wanted to make this one my main camera...I do want to bring it to the beach when I do go and I do love the water but I see what you mean..maybe I will just use my land camera and then decide what waterproof camera to buy... ;)

Just wanted to say congrats on getting into PT school (also thanks for the amazing review :D). It looked like you are going to NSU. I'm a NSU graduate (class 09'). I'm currently doing home health PT up in Orlando. If you have any questions or want any skinny on any of the professors that are still there, feel free to contact ;).