just off Adventure - great trip!

We did the following, St Maarten (Bernard's Tours), St Kitts ( Shipwreck Beach), Antigua ((Stingray City), St Lucia (COSOL Tours), Barbados (shopping downtown). Happy cruising!

Nice to see you on Cruise Critic, Terry! Glad that you guys made it home ok!

We were on this cruise as well and had a fantastic time! St. Maarten and St. Lucia were probably my favorite stops probably due to the excursions that we did. Bernard's Tours was incredible (Mailman was the best guide) and the Helmet Dive that we did at Pigeon Island in St. Lucia was a blast!

I thought that the ship was in great shape and would recommend dining at Giovanni's. The food was excellent! Go hungry though, it's a lot of food!

Bobbie & Alex

Less than 2 weeks for us..

How long was you wait going through TSA security? Lots of disgruntled passengers recently in the continental U.S.

David :D

This was our first time through Puerto Rico. The line seemed long, but it moved. Honestly, the passengers were more the problem - people trying to put things through that they shouldn't, like liquids in excess of allowable, one guy had a money clip in his pocket (made of metal) that he didn't take out, etc.

We probably waited for security a good 45 minutes and I have a feeling some people may have missed flights due to it.

Happy to hear all is well on the Adventure. Sailing her in 23 days and looking forward to sailing on the AOS and our first Royal cruise. Can't wait to read your review! Most interested in hearing about the All White Glow party (for the youngens in my group). Also, did you do a pre-cruise stay and if so, where did you stay.

:cool:

We just got off Adventure yesterday. I'll be writing a detailed review soon, but wanted to let everyone know it was a great time. The ship is dated - yes, but it is clean, maintained, friendly staff, good food and great service! This was my 16th cruise, I'm in my late 40's and very active. I'm posting this because there are a LOT of negatives being said and I did NOT see anything bad on this trip. We have done Voyager class, Freedom, and Oasis so I'm certainly not a novice to cruising and have a lot to compare to. We are looking to book another trip on Adventure next year - after the drydock refurbs, but would not hesitate to book again sooner.

If anyone has ANY questions - post on and I'll try to answer. I have all 7 days of compasses and took photos of each day menu - including desserts.

Again, any questions just ask....

Robin

We have sailed Adventure the last 2 Aprils and have loved it. What a wonderful ship and love those Southern Caribbean ports. Staff was great, ship was so well maintained. Had no complaints, all good.

Nice to see you on Cruise Critic, Terry! Glad that you guys made it home ok!

We were on this cruise as well and had a fantastic time! St. Maarten and St. Lucia were probably my favorite stops probably due to the excursions that we did. Bernard's Tours was incredible (Mailman was the best guide) and the Helmet Dive that we did at Pigeon Island in St. Lucia was a blast!

I thought that the ship was in great shape and would recommend dining at Giovanni's. The food was excellent! Go hungry though, it's a lot of food!

Bobbie & Alex

Bobbie/Alex,

Glad you guys made it home safe!

Looking forward to your review ... we leave on August 27 and can't wait.

Did they have any of those designated "wear white", "Caribbean" nights etc.

Thank you

I just got off the adventure on Sunday and I recall:

Sunday is formal

Monday is casual

Tuesday is Caribbean

Wednesday is White

Thursday is formal

I hope that helps your planning. :)

We were on same cruise. TSA at the airports was not bad - but we are pre-check. At the terminal security went pretty quickly both on and off. We had a delay because USCG held a surprise Zika virus inspection which held the crew up for 2 hours (passed with flying colors) and they got us all on pretty quickly afterwards.

We just got off Adventure yesterday. I'll be writing a detailed review soon, but wanted to let everyone know it was a great time. The ship is dated - yes, but it is clean, maintained, friendly staff, good food and great service! This was my 16th cruise, I'm in my late 40's and very active. I'm posting this because there are a LOT of negatives being said and I did NOT see anything bad on this trip. We have done Voyager class, Freedom, and Oasis so I'm certainly not a novice to cruising and have a lot to compare to. We are looking to book another trip on Adventure next year - after the drydock refurbs, but would not hesitate to book again sooner.

If anyone has ANY questions - post on and I'll try to answer. I have all 7 days of compasses and took photos of each day menu - including desserts.

Robin

Great to hear. We are looking forward to booking next Spring for a B2B in 2019. We sailed on Adventure in 2011 and loved her.

I know this may seem like a crazy question, but we are trying to minimize what we are taking with us. Are there liquid soap dispensers in the showers? Taking a bottle of body soap just adds to the weight :-( so just need to know if I need to pack it or not. I can't remember from my last sailing.

I know this may seem like a crazy question, but we are trying to minimize what we are taking with us. Are there liquid soap dispensers in the showers? Taking a bottle of body soap just adds to the weight :-( so just need to know if I need to pack it or not. I can't remember from my last sailing.

The showers have a dispenser of combo shampoo/conditioner.

Robin

Hi Robin,

Have I missed where you posted the photos of the menus and compasses? I'm in serious countdown mode for the Adventure of the Seas coming up in June :cool:

Robin

Hi Robin,

We just finished sailing on the 7-Night Southern Caribbean on Adventure of the Seas, May 21-May 28, 2016. I'm glad you had a great time on yours. We did, too!

I normally save all the Cruise Compasses but this time for some reason I did not. I don't know if our itineraries are the same but if you could post the cruise compasses and the daily menu, I would appreciate it so much. Our ports of call were St. Maarten, St. Kitt, Antigua, St. Lucia, and Barbados and San Juan. Thank you.

Helen