Taxes and Port Fees

If you do a mock booking, when you get to the end (right before you would actually book the cruise) it will tell you the amount of taxes and port fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks. I won't go through that exercise. Glad they make it convenient for everyone. I'll just use Princess numbers. I don't plan on using Carnival but they can be useful as a price gauge.

PRICE TAX TOTAL

GUEST 1 $949.00 $222.58 $1,171.58

GUEST 2 $949.00 $222.58 $1,171.58

found it on my 4th click - not hard at all - once you choose the room type, in the upper rt hand corner is a box with the total and it also says includes port fees and taxes of $....., just click on that and get the above screen.

PRICE TAX TOTAL

found it on my 4th click - not hard at all - once you choose the room type, in the upper rt hand corner is a box with the total and it also says includes port fees and taxes of $....., just click on that and get the above screen.

I think poster was just trolling. They have made it pretty obvious in other threads how horrible Carnival is. This just gave them another opportunity to take another pot shot. I was originally going to answer, then I saw who posted and moved on.

I think poster was just trolling. They have made it pretty obvious in other threads how horrible Carnival is. This just gave them another opportunity to take another pot shot. I was originally going to answer, then I saw who posted and moved on.

If you're too lazy to click your mouse 3 or 4 extra times to get a price, that tells a lot about a person.

Yep, that poster's last thread was a rant against Carnival.

If you're too lazy to click your mouse 3 or 4 extra times to get a price, that tells a lot about a person.

Indeed

Edited by lizardhowson

Dear Steve. I have better things to do than troll Carnival sites. However you are correct in that Carnival is a cheap product. I still look at their cruises when searching for our next voyage, Alaska being on the short list. Once upon a time Carnival taxes and fees were displayed by each cruise. Since we have not cruised Carnival in 4 years. they changed their site. But since you took the effort to post ( and not move on ), I felt compelled to answer. Everything is about "clicks" these days. Put it all out there, my time is valuable.

PRICE TAX TOTAL

Thank you for your assistance.As I guestimated, Carnival is close to Princess in tax and fees.

Thank you for your assistance.As I guestimated, Carnival is close to Princess in tax and fees.

If you are considering Alaska, research the Princess cruise tours. We started our adventure in Fairbanks, then through Denali going south, finally getting to the cruise port. A 7 day S/B cruise can give you more exposure than a 7 day RT.

One question: If you haven't cruised Carnival in 4 yrs, was that last thread about being on a Carnival ship with a group who outvoted you that dated?

Edited by evandbob

Thanks for the advice on Alaska. Everything I read, Princess is the way to go. Their onboard lecturers are top notch. We are looking forward to our Panama Canal trip coming up.

Couple weeks ago, my little rant, was on Carnival, which we last cruised with back in 2012, until this April. At that time (2012), I surprised the wife with a suite and got flooded on Day 2. I get a little amped with unrealized promises of greatness. Carnival has slipped. If not for the islands, well let's not rehash. You had said DR was a nice stop and it was that and more

Dear Steve. I have better things to do than troll Carnival sites. However you are correct in that Carnival is a cheap product. I still look at their cruises when searching for our next voyage, Alaska being on the short list. Once upon a time Carnival taxes and fees were displayed by each cruise. Since we have not cruised Carnival in 4 years. they changed their site. But since you took the effort to post ( and not move on ), I felt compelled to answer. Everything is about "clicks" these days. Put it all out there, my time is valuable.

And yet, here you are... looking to compare the taxes and fees of a "cheap product" to that of one you find better.

You aren't even willing to take 60 seconds to look up the information yourself. Instead you take an exponential amount of time asking someone else to do it for you and then responding to those who comment negatively.

Sounds to me like the textbook definition of He Who Lives Under a Bridge.