Middle Names on Booking?

ClanMcLean

Hi there,

Whilst looking at my VP yesterday, I'm sure I saw reference to making sure your booking had your full name, including middle names. I can't find where I saw that statement now, and I also can't change my name (to include my middle name) on my VP.

Is it necessary? If so, I'll ask my TA to update the details.

Thanks

The best bet is to make sure the booking name exactly matches the name on the passport (or other citizenship document) including middle name.

DW's driver's license has a different form of her name than her passport so we're always careful to consider what ID she'll be using for that trip.

The best bet is to make sure the booking name exactly matches the name on the passport (or other citizenship document) including middle name.

DW's driver's license has a different form of her name than her passport so we're always careful to consider what ID she'll be using for that trip.

Great advice.

I'll second GUT2407; Underwatr gives essential advice.

The name on the booking must EXACTLY match the name given on one's passport.

I've been told (almost entirely first-hand during conversations on board) of serious checking-in issues/delays caused by names not matching,

A couple of examples I can remember; in one case, a missing " ' " after an O in an Irish surname, and in another, a missing " e " at the end of Ann. I've heard of further similar problems, including missing "middle" names.

I have a unusual spellling of my name, and am very careful to check that it is correctly noted on all documents.

Happy sailings to all :)

Edited by pepperrn

I have a unusual spellling of my name, and am very careful to check that it is correctly noted on all documents.

Happy sailings to all :)

All updated :D

My son has a gaelic name, so I'm also checking they have spelt it correctly ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I've just got my e-tickets in my VP. This doesn't show my middle name. I just checked in the VP on the page where you put your personal details for passport etc and there is no place to put a middle namee. Just First name and last name.

I just checked an e-ticket from a previous cruise and it does have my middle name on it.

Anyone else had this? I booked the cruise directly on Cunard's website some time ago.

I don't have a middle name, so when I book I always leave it blank. On the VP for my upcoming voyage it now shows my middle name as "NA" so I'm guessing Cunard have put that in for "Not Applicable". I can't change it, but I'm pretty relaxed about it being there - after all, they've put it in, not me!

That is very strange then. I have two cruises booked as well. Both just have:

First Name:

Last Name:

Postcode:

Ray66,

I just noticed a similar situation in Voyage Personaliser here in the U.S. for our upcoming voyages. Both of our "Contact Details" pages were displayed with only fields for "First Name" and "Last Name". The "Middle Name" fields were completely missing.

I called Cunard Customer Service to enquire as to whether our middle names were on the bookings. The representative I spoke with indicated there were no middle names recorded for our bookings. She entered our middle names into the system. Now when I log into Voyage Personaliser, I see our full names with fields for "Middle Name" now appearing in the "Contact Details" section.

Like you, I booked directly on the Cunard web site. At this point I cannot recall if I actually entered our middle names at the time of booking so this could have been my oversight during the booking process. In any event, now that Cunard have our middle names, they are showing up in Voyage Personaliser. Hopefully you will have the same experience with the UK Voyage Personaliser once you have contacted Cunard to get your middle name into the system if it is not already there.

Regards,

John.

I just went through this with two friends, each sailing QM2 for the first time. A somewhat lax travel agent was used. The Cunard booking was as John Doe. The air ticket was J. D. Doe. The passport was John Davis Doe. I suggested having the travel agent get with the program and change both bookings to read John Davis Doe, matching the name on the passport. More and more, with paperless ticketing, it is best all your materials match. Use the name style as on your passport. A first-name, last-name fill-in situation, put first name and middle name in first-name space … list as John Davis, last name Doe. It always works. Passport, air ticket, Cunard ticket, all should use same name style, no trouble.

When I booked the cruise on Cunard's website and typed in my world club number, I'm pretty sure my name filled in on "auto-fill". So there was no choice on the booking form to put in a middle name. In the VP, you can't change your name or add a middle name.

When I spoke to Cunard, they said they would try and add my middle name and to go to my VP tomorrow to see if the e-ticket had the name added. If not, she said it didn't matter as they had my middle name already on record.

Hey presto and as if by magic, my middle name has appeared on my e-ticket. :)

Excellent! Thanks for the update. Glad to hear your issue has been resolved regarding the missing middle name on your e-ticket.

Regards,

John.