Wrinkled clothing

I will be sailing on Oasis of the Seas in February. This will be my first RCI. With previous cruise lines there was an iron on board to press clothes. I noticed passengers mentioned bringing a clothes steamer. Has anyone had any trouble bringing this on board lately?

Edited by 3rdteacher

Iron before you pack...all will be good! There are no "pressing" places for passengers. Everyone will be in the same "boat", so to speak! Plastic steamers are fine.

Edited by cb at sea

Welcome to Cruise Critic:)

Pack a spray bottle of wrinkle release, lightly spray clothing and ease out the wrinkles, hang to dry...or just hang clothing in bathroom when you take a shower and smooth out wrinkles.

You are on vacation, don't worry about it, we will be wrinkled too!:eek:

Have a great cruise........please join your roll call.

Technically, travel steamers are on the "prohibited items" list. There have been varying reports about them both getting through, and being confiscated. As suggested, there are other methods to help reduce wrinkles. After a few drinks, it won't matter. ;):p

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=333&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=2608 <---click here for Prohibited Items list

Iron first, then roll and pack. I use 2 gallon zip lock bags, and it really helps. I also spray clothes that wrinkle with the wrinkle releaser, and it works great. Another tip is to ack anything that tends to wrinkle in the plastic bags which dry cleaning comes in. I always save the bags to use in my packing.

We also use Wrinkle Release but we don't use it as often now since I finally found a great way of packing.

Yes!

I use this packing method too (even with larger suitcases). It is perfect for cruises where you take everything out once and hang it up. It is also great when you have purchased items on the cruise and your bags are full as it lets you pack much more in.

If I have any unworn / clean items I bring along a garbage/trash bag pack the clean items in a bundle then put the garbage bag flat in the case and then pack the worn items.

Edited by lucymorgan

I do not have time while cruising to steam, iron, press, roll, etc my clothes. Hang em up when I unpack and wear them when needed.

I hope it does not upset any other cruiser if they see a stray crease on my shirt or trousers, it does not upset my wife or me.

I have on occasion rented a Tux to look good on formal nights.

Your experience may off course differ. Just an Opinion and we know what they are worth.

:):):)

Dennis & Sue

Steamers are technically on the prohibited items list...so they could end up confiscated. One method I haven't seen people mentioning yet is what is called bundle packing...

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/carry-on-how-to-pack-like-a-pro-274083907748

That along with some Downy Wrinkle Release (which you can get in travel size) for any strays, and you should be good. Also, you can always hang your clothes on hangers on the string that is in the bathroom....aim the shower head at the wall or corner away from side the clothes are on so it doesn't get the clothes wet and turn the water on to hot for 20 or so minutes....Voila, your personal steamer that is on the boat.

Edited by WolfgangJT

I have mostly all cotton clothes which do wrinkle easily. I hang my outfits on hangers and then put one or two outfits in dry cleaner bags. They don't get wrinkled this way. I have done it for years and it makes unpacking the suitcase so easy.

When I traveled with my husband, we also had a fold-up hamper that we put in the closet.

All dirty clothes went into the hamper and when it came time to pack up to go home, I just put all the dirty clothes in one suitcase and the clean ones, yes, I do bring too much, in the other one. Easy peasy1

I think about wrinkles when I am ironing, when I pack, and again when I unpack. I never give it another thought after that, when I am getting dressed or wearing the clothes. By the time I change the first outfit I am in cruise mode and not worrying about anything. Wrinkled clothing on a cruise becomes a non-issue.

I will be sailing on Oasis of the Seas in February. This will be my first RCI. With previous cruise lines there was an iron on board to press clothes. I noticed passengers mentioned bringing a clothes steamer. Has anyone had any trouble bringing this on board lately?

I really like my clothes to be pressed - don't really care if others are wrinkled - absolutely no judging from me. This being said, I do iron everything before I go and try to fold to minimize wrinkles BUT it doesn't always work. It is worth it to me to send my most wrinkled clothes to be ironed by RCCL. The charge is minimal and gives me peace of mind. If you don't mind a small charge, lay your clothes on the bed, fill out the laundry form, and clotheds will be returned the next day by 5:00.