Room Decision Liberty

Currently, I have two adjoining rooms on the Liberty - 7650 and 7652 (balcony cabins). I have the opportunity to upgrade at a price I'm comfortable with to two adjoining junior suites (1660 and 1656).

I originally picked the two balconies because it's central; my husband has a slight tendency to have motion sickness and my daughter will be cruising for the first time. I thought this middle deck, mid ship would be a good location. Of course, I'd love to upgrade to a JS. However, I don't want to upgrade if it will be too much motion and they won't enjoy it.

So, for those with more experience or who have cruised any of these rooms before - thoughts?

There will generally be more motion felt on deck 10 than deck 7. However, it's not possible to predict if it will be too much motion for your group.

I realize it's impossible to predict; I'd certainly never ask anyone to attempt that. I've just never stayed that high before so I'm curious if it's a fairly significant amount of more motion or marginal (and know that's not quantifiable).

Currently, I have two adjoining rooms on the Liberty - 7650 and 7652 (balcony cabins). I have the opportunity to upgrade at a price I'm comfortable with to two adjoining junior suites (1660 and 1656).

I originally picked the two balconies because it's central; my husband has a slight tendency to have motion sickness and my daughter will be cruising for the first time. I thought this middle deck, mid ship would be a good location. Of course, I'd love to upgrade to a JS. However, I don't want to upgrade if it will be too much motion and they won't enjoy it.

So, for those with more experience or who have cruised any of these rooms before - thoughts?

Motion can have as much to do with the motion of the ocean so if it's rough it will move the ship. Try Meds like Bonine[emoji12]

If it's not rough, you won't notice a difference in deck level! i would MUCH rather have 2 JS's than 2 standard cabins! The space is so comfortable! And you won't be in the cabins most of the day...you'll be out and about....usually on the pool deck, which is above ALL the cabins!

Edited by cb at sea

If it's not rough, you won't notice a difference in deck level! i would MUCH rather have 2 JS's than 2 standard cabins! The space is so comfortable! And you won't be in the cabins most of the day...you'll be out and about....usually on the pool deck, which is above ALL the cabins!

Definitely a good point! I didn't think much about the space at first. Very helpful!!

We have been in cabin 1356 for 5 cruises, cabin 1360 for 1 cruise and cabin 1660 for 3 cruises - love, love the location. Have not felt any additional movement! Not only will you have much more room, put these cabins have a large walkin closet and a bathtub/shower combination. We feel that the JS offers the best configuration of all the suites. If the price is right, go for it!!

Carla

We have been in cabin 1356 for 5 cruises, cabin 1360 for 1 cruise and cabin 1660 for 3 cruises - love, love the location. Have not felt any additional movement! Not only will you have much more room, put these cabins have a large walkin closet and a bathtub/shower combination. We feel that the JS offers the best configuration of all the suites. If the price is right, go for it!!

Carla

Thank you for the insight into the cabins! I think we're going to do it!

Carla

I'll echo this. We have always stayed in a junior suite on deck 9. I am really prone to motion sickness. And I have never felt a thing on any cruise. I always take dramamine just in case, but I've never had to use it. And I'm completely spoiled with the bathtub & walk-in closet.

We were in JS' 1312 and 1316 for our recent May 1 LOS cruise. Mid-ship on the starboard side of deck 10. Loved the extra space, particularly the walk in closet which held everything including all of our suitcases. Really liked the adjoining door between the cabins. Very, very convenient since our adult DD's were traveling with us; but, with the door closed quiet enough so that everyone had their privacy. What was particularly great also was being able to slide part of the balcony divider back before we even left port which created one really large balcony. Also, we felt it was one of the smoothest cruises we've had.

I would be very surprised if there were an appreciable difference in motion between the two sets of cabins. Take the upgrade unless it's for September 4 and in that case tell them to call me.

Edited by bethco

Wise choice. You will not be disappointed. Only once have we gone back to a regular balcony after being in a JS. Wife loves the robes, additional cabin/balcony space, larger bathroom with tub and the walk-in closet. I like the double Crown & Anchor points and you can get in the "Suite" line for embarkation.

We were on Liberty last month and had a great time. Met some wonderful people (two who have posted in this thread) and enjoyed good food and great service. Never felt any motion except the night a drank too much. :D