Sindu on Azura

Josy1953

We have just booked a cruise on Azura. If anyone has been on Azura recently can you tell us whether it is worth pre-booking Sindu or is it like on Ventura where Sindu does not seem to get too busy and they sometimes have a deal having a free bottle of wine if you book on board.

We have just booked a cruise on Azura. If anyone has been on Azura recently can you tell us whether it is worth pre-booking Sindu or is it like on Ventura where Sindu does not seem to get too busy and they sometimes have a deal having a free bottle of wine if you book on board.

Hi Josie1953. We have dined in Sindhu on Azura and Britannia and booked

before cruise if you have a celebration or a day in mind I would certainly

Recommend pre booking we had tried to book another night in Sindhu once

on board as they have two menus but the only times they had left was

630 or 9pm heard from other guests they ate in the restaurant on their 1st

night of the start of Caribbean sailing being the Friday so half the guests

were preparing to get off Saturday and the other half just boarded after

a long flight and they mention something about free bottle of wine on

that occasion, other option book as soon as you board in atrim where they have tables for prebooking spa 18 and Sindhu. 😀

Hi Josie1953. We have dined in Sindhu on Azura and Britannia and booked

before cruise if you have a celebration or a day in mind I would certainly

Recommend pre booking we had tried to book another night in Sindhu once

on board as they have two menus but the only times they had left was

630 or 9pm heard from other guests they ate in the restaurant on their 1st

night of the start of Caribbean sailing being the Friday so half the guests

were preparing to get off Saturday and the other half just boarded after

a long flight and they mention something about free bottle of wine on

that occasion, other option book as soon as you board in atrim where they have tables for prebooking spa 18 and Sindhu. 😀

Thanks, we will book before we go as we always like to eat at Sindhu at least once on each cruise. The reason I was asking is that it has been 2 years since we were on Azura but we have been on Ventura twice in the last 6 months and both times we pre-booked and then found that they had a free bottle of wine deal which I suspect was because they did not seem to be busy at all.

We treated ourselves to a pre-booked night in Sindhu on Azura last year - and have to say that sadly we were rather disappointed in the food and won't be rebooking it on Oriana this year. The menu sounded good on paper but the quantity and presentation were, in our opinion, a bit of a disappointment after all the hype - and the food wasn't particularly hot either. We ate in there on about the 4th night and it was only half full, so not much atmosphere either. Sorry to throw a negative comment in folks...

On Azura, Sindhu appears to be very popular. We have consistently failed to book whilst on board, so if it's important to you to dine there (special occasion, etc), then I would recommend booking beforehand.

On long cruises no need to book. On shorter cruises may be a good idea. We were on Ventura for 28 nights therefore no problem. Often had an early special. Well attended. We ate there twice, it was excellent.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were on Azura in march for the transatlantic and ate in Sindhu twice.

We had not pre booked before the cruise and on both nights received a free bottle of wine as incentive.

Have to say we loved Sindhu.

We've just disembarked, there were several offers going whilst we were on board. Free bottles of wine, last night they reduced the cover charge to £10. I don't think you'll have any problems booking when you get onboard but worth booking in advance if there's a special or particular night you want. Enjoy :)

Note on the cruise we where on the free wine came only if you dined before 18.30. Now for some that is their normal eating time but for us it is far too early

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Normally the incentives are for early dining times early in the cruise or the final night. Pre book if you want to celebrate an occasion but we have normally found a slot. Some people expect a curry house experience, that it is not. It is a fine dining in a restaurant inspired by the UK top Indian chef. The modest cover charge be it £10 or £15 would hardly buy a starter in his London restaurant.

Normally the incentives are for early dining times early in the cruise or the final night. Pre book if you want to celebrate an occasion but we have normally found a slot. Some people expect a curry house experience, that it is not. It is a fine dining in a restaurant inspired by the UK top Indian chef. The modest cover charge be it £10 or £15 would hardly buy a starter in his London restaurant.

It is not a special occasion but we have enjoyed eating in Sindhu every time that we have been in there so we will pre-book. We are more than happy to pay the £15 cover charge because as you say it is not a UK curry house experience. Living in Staffordshire we do not get the opportunity to eat in Atul Kochar's UK restaurants as it would require prior planning and an overnight stay. We didn' look too closely at the offers on Ventura as we had already booked our evenings in Sindhu so I hadn't realised that they were for early diners.

I was on Azura last month and had no difficulty in booking Sindhu even when Atul Kochar was onboard.

The food was very good and I really enjoyed it. Thought the cover charge was reasonable for the meal I had.