Luggage Valet and Southwest Airlines

bradandcharla

We are booked on the Solstice on June 10 and are flying in/out of SeaTac on Southwest. I paid for earlybird boarding and am wondering if using Luggage Valet will invalidate my preferred status for boarding number assignment.

Also, I have heard that TSA goons are staging a work slowdown at SeaTac and that lines are ridiculous and screening times long. Any truth to this? We have booked post cruise city tour on the way to the airport and don't want to have time issues.

Thanks in advance

From everything I've read recently, the luggage valet service is available in Seattle. I have also read that the timing on Southwest is a bit different than all the other airlines. Now, this could all have changed in the meantime. Who knows?

Anyhow, if it is still offered, then no, the service will have nothing to do with your early bird check in. They simply check you in online, much the same as you would do. So, it will not invalidate the EB check in.

I am doing the same later this year and Seattle is definitely one of the worst when it comes to TSA lines. This is going back a couple of years already. Good luck and please report back what you find out. thanks

I'm hoping it is still available in Ft. Lauderdale with Southwest.

I will be arriving in Fort Lauderdale on Dec. 9 from a Panama Canal cruise. I spoke to Celebrity today and they indicated that luggage valet was available. Book flights after 11:30 AM if flying Southwest.

I will be arriving in Fort Lauderdale on Dec. 9 from a Panama Canal cruise. I spoke to Celebrity today and they indicated that luggage valet was available. Book flights after 11:30 AM if flying Southwest.

Luggage Valet has been available in Ft. Lauderdale but South West has not always participated. Our flight is at 2:30 so we're good in that regard.

Oh no! So what are you suppose to do with your luggage in Seattle after the cruise? Many flights to the east coast are red-eyes, so we'll have all day in Seattle. Can't very well sight see around the city with all that luggage.

Just off Solstice in Seattle on 5/20/16. I asked if this was just for SW airlines but was informed that Luggage Valet is NOT available for Solstice for any airline during this season per Guest Relations. Was not what I wanted to hear :mad: Did have a good cruise overall though, just had to deal with luggage at the end.

Just to confirm what others have said, cruised this past March flying into FLL and Southwest did not participate in luggage valet. They did however have early baggage checkin( we checked our bags about 5-6 hr before our flight). The only issue is they would not allow us through security until 3 hr before our flight

Sad to hear this about SeaTac. That airport is bad enough without the extra hassles of checking bags. Just love the luggage valet program.

Now, the TSA may tighten things up a bit, which seems to be the case whenever complacency sets in and then a plane goes down, security might be even worse for awhile. Not looking forward to it! :(

Just got off Solstice in Seattle. Flew SWA. Handled our own bags. Sea tac is a dump, no question. Had TSA Pre>>>> 5 min max to get through Security. Regular lines looked to be about 20-30 min. Took Uber to/ from hotel, ship, airport>>>> easy peasy, except at Pier 91 Marine Terminal , which was a bit of a cluster at disembarkation. It worked out ok in the end.