Global entry

RNGALNG

I don't have pre-check or Global Entry but get the "TSA pre" marked on my boarding pass about 50% of the time. Maybe I look honest?! :p And I've never had to stand in any customs line for more than 15 min.

Seems like these speedy-entry passes are becoming popular lately but I can't see why I would want to pay $85-100 and have to drive 4 hours to the closest place for a 10 min. interview.

Going on Day 8 here with the same Pending Review status. The Government knows just about everything about me and already has fingerprints from a previous OPM background investigation. I figured this would be easy peesy, but apparently not. Hopefully they flip the status to conditional approval soon so I can start the lookout for appointment slots. :D

Going on Day 8 here with the same Pending Review status. The Government knows just about everything about me and already has fingerprints from a previous OPM background investigation. I figured this would be easy peesy, but apparently not. Hopefully they flip the status to conditional approval soon so I can start the lookout for appointment slots. :D

We've been waiting over two weeks, and still just "Pending review." Thought this part would go a little more quickly!:mad:

We've been waiting over two weeks, and still just "Pending review." Thought this part would go a little more quickly!:mad:

It's been over 3 years, but I recall the "Pending Review" stage being months, not days or weeks. And I too had been fingerprinted (numerous times) for bar applications, had no criminal convictions, never even had a traffic ticket.

My husband and I applied about 2 yrs ago for TSA Known Traveler. It took about a month to get an appointment, that is where we interviewed, took photos and fingerprints. It then took about 3 weeks to receive our approval numbers. It works great at some airport but then the airlines were giving pre check to their frequent flyers for no fee. We paid 85.00 for 5 years so that did not sit well. The TSA is no longer allowing airlines to give pre check status to their frequent flyers, so the last couple of flights have been great. Recently with all the TSA problems I heard they are again taking passengers from the regular line and putting them in pre check...so much for security and now the pre check lines are long. They also have removed agents from pre check and have them working regular lines. We are traveling in August so I hope they have fixed the issue. We spent the money and went thru the process so I hope TSA allows us the benefit of what we paid for. I know that a lot more people want to join and the wait time for interviews are months long.

I applied for global entry on May 16 and received conditional approval on May 26. I'm scheduled for my interview in July. So far I haven't been able to snag an appointment any earlier than that but I am not traveling until the end of August.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry I am late to this discussion but I wanted to add two points;

1. Global Entry does include TSA Pre-Check BUT not all airlines (mostly foreign carriers) participate in the TSA Pre-Check so on our most recent flight to Frankfurt on Lufthansa it was still the cattle corral without shoes or belts for us.

2. Upon our return from Europe into Orlando we were held on board the aircraft for about 30 minutes because the "Arrivals Hall" was full. When we were finally allowed to deplane there was an entire mass of humanity slowly working its way through those switch-back lines BUT we were second in line for a Global Entry Kiosk and completed the entire process in less than five minutes! We later confirmed with another (non Global Entry) couple that we knew on our flight that they had to endure nearly 90 minutes to get processed by customs & immigration. Global Entry saved the day for us!

I applied for global entry on May 16 and received conditional approval on May 26. I'm scheduled for my interview in July. So far I haven't been able to snag an appointment any earlier than that but I am not traveling until the end of August.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We also applied on May 16th...either you're lucky:D...or we're not very :(

Holding pattern it is...we travel in early September...I'm starting to think we're not going to get it in time...

There are very few airports in the US where there are dedicated International terminals with no post-security connections to domestic terminals. Even the dreaded TBIT at LAX is now connected airside to T4-8.

Thus, if you are flying coach internationally, and are thus not getting PreCheck, just purchase a cheap fully-refundable same-day domestic ticket and use that PreCheck endorsement to get past the huddled masses. Cancel it pre-departure.

We also applied on May 16th...either you're lucky:D...or we're not very :(

Holding pattern it is...we travel in early September...I'm starting to think we're not going to get it in time...

Something happened around the 15th and people are just getting provisional approvals as of yesterday for applications on the 15th. I'll bet you have yours shortly. Unless they found out about that incident on the Lido deck with the Mai Tais. ;0)

Something happened around the 15th and people are just getting provisional approvals as of yesterday for applications on the 15th. I'll bet you have yours shortly. Unless they found out about that incident on the Lido deck with the Mai Tais. ;0)

Ooohhh, now SHUSH about that ;) LOL

Per another travel site more known for flying, provisional approvals do occur on the weekends. Also from that site it looks like they were processing applications from 5/17 yesterday. 5/16 applications were getting provisional approval on 6/1, so if that pattern holds I should be approved sometime early next week.

Edited by Dudleydog73

Per another travel site more known for flying, provisional approvals do occur on the weekends. Also from that site it looks like they were processing applications from 5/17 yesterday. 5/16 applications were getting provisional approval on 6/1, so if that pattern holds I should be approved sometime early next week.

Thanks for the info. I guess I am getting close to the preliminary review

I had checked on Saturday night and was waiting approval. Sunday morning I had an email saying we were pre-approved pending interviews. Now to wait on those interviews. It took just less than 2 weeks to be notified. Interviews 2 months from then (and I understand that is early). At least we live close to Atlanta.

As far as scheduling the interviews, if you need one sooner than what is showing, keep checking back because there are cancellations and earlier appointments do appear. When I first got my conditional approval the earliest interview date for DFW was the end of August. I checked Austin and there were appointments available within a few days. Houston and San Antonio also had appointments in June. I went ahead and scheduled a June appointment in Austin and then the next day DFW had a June appointment and lots in July so I changed my appointment to DFW in July so I could use Global Entry on my August trip.