iConcierge price increase to $12.99 on Getaway

Just off the Getaway. The price per device for the iConcierge on-board texting/calling was $12.99 compared to $7.99 last 2 years. I confirmed at service desk that this was correct price. We put it on 2 of our phones. We barely used it this time since there was only 4 of us traveling in 1 cabin. We used it a lot on past 2 cruises when we had more people traveling with us.

I saw a few others reporting it costs $9.99 now. Perhaps they are trying out different price points.

Another reason to put the phone in the safe and leave it there for the duration.

Are you familiar what this app does? It's not for receiving phone calls from home. It's for intra-ship communication. It allows you to contact another person on the ship so you can meet up for events, etc.

Are you familiar what this app does? It's not for receiving phone calls from home. It's for intra-ship communication. It allows you to contact another person on the ship so you can meet up for events, etc.

I know what it's for, thank you.

It was easier to carry the cordless room phone around. If anyone needed me, they would call me instead of sending a text. Calling via the app was 50-50.

Does every room have this? I don't recall being able to do this. Thanks. Is it Haven? If it is Haven, is it all Haven rooms?

That's a substantial jump-did it work well? We have had mixed experience with it over the past 2 years

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It was good, not great. We used it last year on the Epic and the year before on the Getaway. No improvements to app or service in past 2 years that I could tell. Previous 2 cruises we had multiple cabins, so it was helpful to meet up with others in our group. So I was in habit of checking for messages and would restart app if needed. This time with only 1 cabin with 2 of us with the app, we rarely used it. Still helpful, but not with $26 for the couple times we used it.

I do like the free part of the app. I used it to check on our cabin transactions, finding out the activities, booking things, and even purchasing our Cruise Next certificates. We needed to carry a phone for a clock since I got out of the habit of wearing a watch!