Back to Back Cruise

l2kruz

Our BTB was similar, it consisted of 2 - 10 day cruises and a 20 -day option, which we selected.

Affirmative, every passenger regardless of which cruise option they selected had to go through immigration. We have completed many BTB and have experienced many differences in how quickly you can get back on the ship. Some cruises we walked off one gangway and straight back on the other. However, we have also been held ashore until the ship gets to a zero count.

heidi13 has the coorect info...we've done two b2b and if you use your "in transit" passes... it is very easy. if those passes aren't delivered to your room the night before, passenger services are glad to supply you with them.

I have a question...we are doing something similar in 2018. the 14 day shows as sold out just about but when you look at the 2 7 day cruises our cabins were available so we booked it as 2 separate 7 day cruises. My question is on turnaround day how do we get the embark photo. I figure on the first one it will only show the ports for that 7 day, so we do want the pic showing the other 7 day ports, also because we are traveling with friends and we are celebrating some big bdays so we want the pics to help commemorate the trip...anyone know how they do the pics? I have had friends who stayed on board during turnaround doing customs on board in the theatre and another time they got off and right back on...but they don't do the pics so couldn't tell me...:confused:

Getting through the photograph queue is normally easier than bypassing. Shouldn't have any problem getting new welcome aboard photo on the 2nd cruise.

Great thanks. We are looking forward to this cruise...originally wanted the 14 day circle cruise without the return to FLL and more southern islands...but princess doesn't seem to be offering that in late 2018 which is when we all can go....so we chose the next best option...any cruise is still a great time! ;)

Did 3 btb cruises with Princess last summer. Just went on excursions on disembarkation days and went on with life. We had a ticket to show at reboarding that we were btb but security never asked for them.

If you return after general boarding begins, the in-transit tickets are not needed. They only save you time if you want to board in front of the line of newcomers at the terminal.

Did 3 btb cruises with Princess last summer. Just went on excursions on disembarkation days and went on with life. We had a ticket to show at reboarding that we were btb but security never asked for them.

Well, home for us IS in the Fort Lauderdale area. So, I definitely don't want to get off the ship! :)

Well, home for us IS in the Fort Lauderdale area. So, I definitely don't want to get off the ship! :)

On one of our BTB we got agreement with Security to go to the gangway with both cards. We scanned out with the old one and then scanned straight in with the new ones. Straight back up to the pool deck.

Just depends on the shore authorities, if they require a zero count then you must get off the ship and remain in the shore holding area until all pax are off the ship.

Why not? There's plenty of things I could do at home when it's 30 minutes away, providing you have your car with you.:)

We did toss it around, but I don't want to return to reality any sooner than I have to. Plus I-95 traffic is not on my vacation list. :D

The ship will take care of your luggage move to the new cabin.

As far as B2B, we've done it in other ports. If you decide you don't need to go ashore (few hours in port Everglades? I'd pass). The ship will likely do a line of B2B peeps, walk you out through immigration and right back into check in for your next sailing and back on the ship.

If you choose to leave to go ashore, they may or may not give you special transit pass allowing you a faster line back on board. I'd personally go for whatever option gets me back on board quickest and treat it as a relax by the pool day with a good book.

No need to check in at the terminal for the second segment. This is true if booked as a single 13 day or as two separate cruises.

We did toss it around, but I don't want to return to reality any sooner than I have to. Plus I-95 traffic is not on my vacation list. :D

I am definitely with you on this although it is not an issue for us since we do not live in south FL. Several times we have even stayed an additional night in FL before returning to reality (i.e. home) and enjoyed our "extended" vacation.

It has been our experience in the USA ports that all pax have to leave the ship and cannot re-enter until the government has inspected the ship and allowed boarding to commence. We have had to wait in the terminal along with newly arrived pax but we among the first to board the ship.

Timely thread for us as we plan our first B2B at Port Everglades. My hope was to head to the Harbor Shops for a few things and then back onboard. It sounds like we might want to do that early.

If you leave the ship to early you'll be finished with the shopping much to early & when you get back to the ship you'll be waiting till it gets cleared.

Sleep a little late, have a leasurly breakfast & then leave for shopping.

If you leave the ship to early you'll be finished with the shopping much to early & when you get back to the ship you'll be waiting till it gets cleared.

OK Thanks

That is what we plan to do. Get off around 9 and then catch water taxi to los ramblas area for lunch and then to Walgreens for wine and get back to ship around 2

Cheryl