Anthem Of The Seas: The Best Cruise Ship In The World

Thank you! Amazing Video! We have only been on 2 cruises ...with our 3rd coming up in July ( unfortunately only 5 days on Anthem). So far we have loved both ships ( Allure and Breeze) and we are looking forward to Anthem!

Lisa

LOVED your video. Anthem is up next for me, then Getaway and then Vista...haha. We're actually thinking about booking our Alaska cruise with Princess because I've read that they have great land/cruise packages.

I was already excited about my upcoming cruises, but after watching your video it made me even more excited :D.

You mentioned Guy's burger joint. He pronounces his last name Fee etty. I'm not sure why i the R's are pronounced as T's, but that's how I've heard his name pronounced on his show.

You're absolutely right, and I definitely know that he pronounces it that way. For some reason, I just CAN'T bring myself to pronounce it that way. I know I'm not saying it the way he says it, but I think it comes down to this: if I say something to someone about Guy Fieri and I pronounce it as Fee-Air-Ee... I'm pretty confident they will know who I am talking about. I bet if I were to say something to someone about him and pronounce it Fee-Ety, they would give me a goofy look and say "Guy WHO???"

When's the next cruise you're taking us on?

My next cruise will be on Liberty Of The Seas. I picked that one because there seems to be a lot of interest on YouTube about cruise ship waterslides. I've paid for quite a few of my cruises with ad revenue from my YouTube video about Carnival's "Green Thunder" waterslide. So, I think a video of the new Tidal Wave waterslide on Liberty Of The Seas is in order. From what I've heard, they plan to have it operational sometime in June. So, it looks like my cruise in early summer will put me in the right place at the right time to put together a nice YouTube video of the newest cruise ship waterslide.

You're absolutely right, and I definitely know that he pronounces it that way. For some reason, I just CAN'T bring myself to pronounce it that way. I know I'm not saying it the way he says it, but I think it comes down to this: if I say something to someone about Guy Fieri and I pronounce it as Fee-Air-Ee... I'm pretty confident they will know who I am talking about. I bet if I were to say something to someone about him and pronounce it Fee-Ety, they would give me a goofy look and say "Guy WHO???"

[301-909-7351 * *24731958#COLOR=Black]My next cruise will be on Liberty Of The Seas. I picked that one because there seems to be a lot of interest on YouTube about cruise ship waterslides. I've paid for quite a few of my cruises with ad revenue from my YouTube video about Carnival's "Green Thunder" waterslide. So, I think a video of the new Tidal Wave waterslide on Liberty Of The Seas is in order. From what I've heard, they plan to have it operational sometime in June. So, it looks like my cruise in early summer will put me in the right place at the right time to put together a nice YouTube video of the newest cruise ship waterslide.

[/color]

That's awesome!

I'm curious why not Harmony, with her Abyss water slide and new H2O zone?

I don't know for sure, but I think it's the largest water slide at sea.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

How do you explain the ships that have 80%+ approval ratings? This is coming from the same small percentage of the cruising population that took the time to say what they don't like on the Anthem. If this was truly the best cruise ship in the world, there would be more lovers than haters.

Extremely easy to answer this question:

Ask any 100 Mercedes drivers who have driven many Mercedes for a total of 25 years straight without trying another brand to review a brand new 2016 Mercedes vs. a brand new 2016 BMW and see what the ratings will be. (ie. Quantum/Anthem is the BMW). Is the BMW truly any worse to anyone else or just the 100 drivers polled who all they know is Mercedes vehicles?

The biggest ships tend to be the most stable, and this is certainly one of the largest cruise ships in the world... and it seemed very stable to me when sailing in the calm waters of the Caribbean.

However, you have to realize that since the ship is based in New Jersey, it sails in to the open waters of the Atlantic ocean. ANY ship sailing in the Atlantic is going to rock and roll a bit. So, it's not that Anthem Of The Seas is unstable, it's that the Atlantic can be a bit nasty at times!

Capt. Srecko last year mentioned that Quantum sea trials were a really good test. I forget the exact numbers (I posted somewhere on a prev thread prob over a year ago) but he mentioned 15 knots, with I forget what degree turn radius with only a 4 degree list... the numbers he gave he said were unheard of for cruise ships. He said Quantum Class is the most stable of all he's ever sailed.

On board, I feel the story was different. I've sailed in 5-10ft swells many times with hardly any motion, but on Q it was magnified, especially to those experienced cruisers on the upper decks in forward balconies. I discovered on my sailing that Quantum moved in a figure 8 pattern on the ocean rather than just up or down, or rocking side to side. Maybe it's from the design, shorter beam vs. taller decks, or even the glide bubbles for propulsion... I just don't know, but she definitely moved differently than Oasis or Freedom for example. Perhaps cruisers not seeing the difference just equated that different feeling as the ship being more unstable rather than deciphering that the actual motion being created was different. Just my 2 cents... I could be totally way off.

Ask any 100 Mercedes drivers who have driven many Mercedes for a total of 25 years straight without trying another brand to review a brand new 2016 Mercedes vs. a brand new 2016 BMW and see what the ratings will be. (ie. Quantum/Anthem is the BMW). Is the BMW truly any worse to anyone else or just the 100 drivers polled who all they know is Mercedes vehicles?

Perfect analogy, thank you!

This isn't an answer. I'm willing to bet, most of the people who rate ships don't just go on one. If you do, you have nothing to compare it to, just like your example. We've been on probably 20 different ships, over 5 cruise lines and I wouldn't be foolish enough to say that any one of them was the best in the world. The only person who could make that statement is someone who has been on every ship. And that would only be one person's opinion.

I'm not knocking the ship, just the statement.

With all that said, if that sounds like a nightmare situation to you, you should not sail out of New Jersey... you should fly to Miami and sail from there. You'll find a cruise out of Miami (or New Orleans, or Galveston, or any of those southern ports) will tend to be hugely smoother (in terms of ocean conditions) than a cruise out of Bayonne/Boston/New York etc. would be.[/size][/color]

My very first cruise was through the Panama Canal; starting in San Diego and returning to Miami. I commented to my husband that the Pacific Ocean was very aptly named because I never felt the motion of the ocean until we crossed into the Atlantic. I have no fear, I was just curious and more worried for my friends than for myself. You know when you recommend a restaurant to friends because it's your favorite, and they didn't like it? Well, that's the situation I'm in since four of them have never cruised before and the other one cruised once about 25 years ago!

In any case, I think we'll have a great time, but just wanted to check on that. Thanks for your review and your response, and I can't wait for my vacation!