Anthem Of The Seas: The Best Cruise Ship In The World

I've put together a little video comparing my experiences with four cruise lines: Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Princess, and Norwegian.

I highlight the best cruise I've had with each of those four lines, plus I mention one stand-out that I proclaim "The Best Cruise Ship In The World". Since you're reading this on the Royal Caribbean board, I think you'll be pleased with my choice.

Take a look at the video at https://youtu.be/3qOrz26Fni4 and be sure to reply with your comments about the video... I'd love your feedback.

I've put together a little video comparing my experiences with four cruise lines: Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Princess, and Norwegian.

I highlight the best cruise I've had with each of those four lines, plus I mention one stand-out that I proclaim "The Best Cruise Ship In The World". Since you're reading this on the Royal Caribbean board, I think you'll be pleased with my choice.

Take a look at the video at https://youtu.be/3qOrz26Fni4 and be sure to reply with your comments about the video... I'd love your feedback.

Thank you for that beautiful video. We will be on the Anthem in November.

Love love love the Anthem of the Seas, we had the most fabulous holiday onboard going to the Canaries, Madeira, Spain and Portugal last year and I'd go away on her again like a shot given the chance. Wonderful ship [emoji41][emoji173]️[emoji484][emoji322]

Love love love the Anthem of the Seas, we had the most fabulous holiday onboard going to the Canaries, Madeira, Spain and Portugal last year and I'd go away on her again like a shot given the chance. Wonderful ship [emoji41][emoji173]️[emoji484][emoji322]

Did the same cruise on anthem last year and wholeheartedly agree with this assessment ( in my limited cruising experience!) - fabulous ship with great crew - loved every minute of it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by Trixie21

Loved your video, thank you.

Having just completed a 9 day cruise on Anthem, been on many NCL cruises including the Breakaway and a few CCL cruises, I don't necessarily agree with your ranking. But we're all different and that difference certainly keeps a lot of cruise lines in business. Lol.

Having said that, I haven't been on a cruise I didn't love.

Ah! Then you have not sailed with Cunard, Crystal and Celebrity then?

"Best" is such a subjective and relative word.

Perhaps "favorite" might have been better. Sorry, I did not watch the video once you used the term "best cruise ship in the world".

Maybe time to book QM2? :cool:

If it's the best cruise ship in the world, why does it only get a 49% approval rating from the reviewers here on cruisecritic.com? I've never been on the ship so I can't comment one way or the other. After reading the reviews, I'll stick with the Allure.

Wow, what a great video! I have a surprise cruise booked on Anthem in June, 2017 for our anniversary and this made me doubly glad I booked it. Your video also convinced me to try some other ships.

Many kudos! :D

If it's the best cruise ship in the world, why does it only get a 49% approval rating from the reviewers here on cruisecritic.com? I've never been on the ship so I can't comment one way or the other. After reading the reviews, I'll stick with the Allure.

A very small percentage of the cruising population uses cruise critic or even knows what it is. I'm willing to bet that most of the people that use cruise critic are middle aged or older (there's exceptions, of course), and Quantum class ships are geared more towards the Asian market and younger demographics. Older, more experienced cruisers haven't liked the changes and they're the ones doing the reviewing, so that 49% is not an accurate figure.

If the ships are selling well with some sailings totally sold out, I think that's pretty indicative of how people like it.

Thank you for the wonderful video. Anthem will be our fifth cruise and third with RCI (Vision and Rhapsody) but the first for friends that we invited. After the storm and the norovirus my friends were ready to cancel but ended up deciding to stick with us. We sail in 65 days and can't wait! I've read so many negative reviews that your naming them the best ship after 35 cruises leads me to believe we made the right choice and my friends will be happy. Here's hoping for a great cruise. Just curious, I've heard that you can really feel the motion on this ship. Did you find that to be true?

A very small percentage of the cruising population uses cruise critic or even knows what it is. I'm willing to bet that most of the people that use cruise critic are middle aged or older (there's exceptions, of course), and Quantum class ships are geared more towards the Asian market and younger demographics. Older, more experienced cruisers haven't liked the changes and they're the ones doing the reviewing, so that 49% is not an accurate figure.

If the ships are selling well with some sailings totally sold out, I think that's pretty indicative of how people like it.

How do you explain the ships that have 80%+ approval ratings? This is coming from the same small percentage of the cruising population that took the time to say what they don't like on the Anthem. If this was truly the best cruise ship in the world, there would be more lovers than haters.

How do you explain the ships that have 80%+ approval ratings? This is coming from the same small percentage of the cruising population that took the time to say what they don't like on the Anthem. If this was truly the best cruise ship in the world, there would be more lovers than haters.

I'm not saying it's the best ship in the world, as I've never been on it.

I actually rather addressed the issue as far as the stark difference in opinions; it's because the small percentage of the cruising population on this website, from my personal observation, does not like change. Quantum class ships are new and are unique to the fleet, and the differences don't sit well with experienced cruisers. Dining is different, layout is different, target audience is different, and some cruisers felt slighted by that.

Just curious, I've heard that you can really feel the motion on this ship. Did you find that to be true?

The biggest ships tend to be the most stable, and this is certainly one of the largest cruise ships in the world... and it seemed very stable to me when sailing in the calm waters of the Caribbean.

However, you have to realize that since the ship is based in New Jersey, it sails in to the open waters of the Atlantic ocean. ANY ship sailing in the Atlantic is going to rock and roll a bit. So, it's not that Anthem Of The Seas is unstable, it's that the Atlantic can be a bit nasty at times!

After our last port of call in the Caribbean, when Anthem Of The Seas was making a bee-line for New Jersey via the open waters of the Atlantic, we did have one day of really rough ocean conditions! The water was splashing out of one of the swimming pools (and so they closed and drained that one pool, but the others were able to remain open) and they put barf bags out by the stairwells, in case anyone had trouble with sea sickness. It wouldn't have mattered what ship you were on, that day in that part of the Atlantic, conditions were nasty. So, I place no blame on Anthem Of The Seas for the nasty conditions we experienced that day.

With all that said, if that sounds like a nightmare situation to you, you should not sail out of New Jersey... you should fly to Miami and sail from there. You'll find a cruise out of Miami (or New Orleans, or Galveston, or any of those southern ports) will tend to be hugely smoother (in terms of ocean conditions) than a cruise out of Bayonne/Boston/New York etc. would be.

Statistically speaking, the sample size is waaaaaay too small to draw conclusions one way or another.

Additionally, outside influence may/may not account for the users experience, based on feedback before the person boards the ship.

As always, loved your video! I can't wait to board in about 5 weeks!

One side note. You mentioned Guy's burger joint. He pronounces his last name Fee etty. I'm not sure why i the R's are pronounced as T's, but that's how I've heard his name pronounced on his show.

Keep the videos coming!

When's the next cruise you're taking us on?

Great video.

We have cruised with those 4 lines and have enjoyed all of them. We just sailed on the Escape (in the Haven~upsell) and it will be very hard to sail again in our usual balcony or mini-suite. At Christmas, we sailed on the Anthem and it is one of our favorites. Princess has great cruise/land tours in Alaska. And Carnival's Guy's Burgers is A+.

We have enjoyed all our cruises, some more than others, but it is always a nice way to travel.

p.s. Thanks for your review of the Escape Spa Suite.